Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#1664655 12/03/08 07:11 PM
K
klm Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well, after 15 long months at my mother's house.....I'm free!!! I spent last night at my new apartment. I finally got the bed put together and my living room furniture was delivered last night. Everything is coming together and it is looking pretty good. I slept like a baby in my bed, hadn't slept in it since I moved to mom's.

While at my mom's I pretty much just stuck to my room when I was home so it was nice to have the whole apartment to myself and being able to roam as I please. I just felt this freedom. I think being on my own is really going to help with my moving forward and letting go of xh...as well as my overall mental health. I love my mom but there is just something depressing to me about living in that house.

I am supposed to get cable on Saturday....hopefully before the Alabama game.

I'll put some pics on FB when I get everything put up.

Kris
E
E
Beer please..

congratulations..

roll tide..I think we have a chance..

S
S
Great for you Kris! It will make a big difference to have a place of your own.

Me: 43 XW: 41 Kids: 4 (3D & 1S)
M: 17 yrs S: 9/07 D: 6/08
Pre-Sep
D Thread
K
klm Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Not having internet sucks!

Still want that beer Mike?...I'm a little late!

I am supposed to get the internet and cable Saturday. I am officially at the new apartment but still have a lot of small things to move. I should be completely finished by this weekend.

Last night I got everything put up in the living room, and put my new tv stand together then just sat back, had a beer, listened to the radio and just kind of took it all in. I am feeling at peace. I feel like I have other things to focus on besides xh. He has not even been on my mind and a part of me is glad I am no longer with him ...(did I just say that?!?). When he left, he took the stress with him. His problems are no longer my problems. Life is good.

Kris
M
M
AWESOME Kris! I'm so happy for you that your life is so good and things are great!

Congrats on the new apartment! The housewarming party is when???? \:\)

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
klm Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks Mish.

I have had some really dark periods since this started. REALLY dark. Especially when I was still in Texas. I serioiusly didn't think I would ever recover...and I may not be fully recovered yet, but I know I WILL be.

My MIL once said to me "I hate to say this because he is my son...but I think you will be much better off without him in the long run. I know you don't see that now, but you will." I see it now. I have progressed so much further without him...personally, finacially, and professionally.

Kris
E
E
Quote:
When he left, he took the stress with him. His problems are no longer my problems. Life is good.

a new mantra maybe..???

and do you think I would actaully turn down a beer or 12???

C
C
my MIL said the same thing! lol

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new place!!!

I totally get you about the feeling free feeling, I was in pins and needles when with stbx, with a dark cloud above my head, that uncertainty... no more.

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
Chick...I am so glad you are in a new place and have not thought of your XH very much...

Sent u something on fb...

So happy you are moving on!

Valentine

Aug '06: H moved out
July '08: H had a kid with the OW
May 12 '09: emancipation day

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

R
R
What wonderful news - congratulations!!! Can't wait to see the pics....

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard