Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
One positive thing in my life now --- D16 got onto the Principal's List at school. That means she got straight A's, which includes Physics. Wow! I am in awe! I am a proud mama!

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you should be very Proud!!!! I started college as a physics major which was very unusual for a woman in those days. i had to live on the other side of the campus and I was the only girl in all my classes. i gave it up in my junior year because my soon to be husband decide to go back to professional school and one of us had to work, There were not many jobs available with a B.A. in Physics. so i switched majors. Then got a graduate degree in a subject I was not that interested in, so I would make a higher salary. Encourage your daughter,comsidering all the resaerch that is going on now, there are so many possibilities!!!!

#1656400 11/23/08 06:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seizures? For no apparent reason? My youngest child had seizures at 6 months. i knew they were happening, but the doctors thought I was a crazy MOM. I insisted on a eeg . then all hell broke loose. the same doctor who called my husband and said I was a neurotic Mother and he should get me help, called and said get to the hospital right away, After 10 days in the hospital the doctor said she would never walk or talk and had the most severe type of epilepsy. I took the baby out of the hospital and brought her to a famous hospital in NY. It was a reaction to the pertusis (whopping cough) shot . The epilepsy medication the brilliant doctor had given her , was very wrong. it took a year to wean her off. Trust me this child has a Master's Degree and certainly walks and talks. If you are not happy with the care you are getting or don't agree with the diagnosis, GET ANOTHER OPINION!!!!!!!

#1656406 11/23/08 06:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seizures? For no apparent reason? My youngest child had seizures at 6 months. i knew they were happening, but the doctors thought I was a crazy MOM. I insisted on a eeg . then all hell broke loose. the same doctor who called my husband and said I was a neurotic Mother and he should get me help, called and said get to the hospital right away, After 10 days in the hospital the doctor said she would never walk or talk and had the most severe type of epilepsy. I took the baby out of the hospital and brought her to a famous hospital in NY. It was a reaction to the pertusis (whopping cough) shot . The epilepsy medication the brilliant doctor had given her , was very wrong. it took a year to wean her off. Trust me this child has a Master's Degree and certainly walks and talks. If you are not happy with the care you are getting or don't agree with the diagnosis, GET ANOTHER OPINION!!!!!!!

#1656441 11/23/08 09:35 AM
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Strange, but my D21 had whooping cough at 3.5 years, and then developed epilepsy after. Doctor also thought we were nuts, but then he actually saw her drop (she had the petit mal) and was quick to seek help for her. She outgrew it by 5 years, and slowly came off her medication and was off it by the time she started school. She too is fine now. I didn't know there was a specific link between epilepsy and whooping cough.

As for me, I will be going to the main hospital in our area in March where they have an epilepsy program. Unfortunately, there is a bit of a wait, but I am in the care of a neurologist (who is 2 hours away, since we do not have one in our small city) who is monitoring me with MRI's. I did have an EEG which was clear. I do have a shadow on my left frontal lobe, which is too small to operate on, doesn't look like a tumour, and hasn't changed size between my two MRI's, so far. Oh dear, I think I'm repeating all of this, but I guess it does help to remind myself of it all. The medication effects my memory --- forget words and such --- not situations, just words. Very frustrating since I am in college. The other day I just couldn't remember the word 'eclipse' in the middle of discussing Galileo --- I actually blushed. Not that he had much to do with eclipses as such, but it being part of the heavens, I did wonder if he investigated them. Anyway, I'm off topic again.

Yes, my D16 had great plans for the future and I do encourage her. She wants to either be a fighter pilot or an artist (specifically animation). It will be interesting to see what she ends up doing.

Thanks for visiting my thread, bizarre. Much appreciated.

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
P
P
Glad to see you back on the "radar". When I don't see some of you friends on here I get a little concerned, especially with your recent medical history. I hope your able to get the help you need before it becomes a real problem.

S16 said something about XW the other day that has had me thinking. Perhaps there is something going on in her head, non related to me, that seems to be screwing up her head royal. S16 was telling me how XW goes from calm and happy to way off the deep end for no apparent reason. We got on this subject when he said he was glad to see me happy now, since I don't have to deal with XW any more. He said that he's likes coming to my place since things are more stable. I was happy to hear that, but concerned for the children also. Some days I wonder if their going to show up on my doorstep for good.

This week is going to be tough. I'm not sure how much of a true family environment this is going to be, but I will try my best. The kids do seem excited, but a split Thanksgiving bugs me. I find myself apologizing to the kids for things I have very little control over. It's been tough being non-judgmental especially when kids take the approach of, "what the heck is Mommy doing", "that's not right". "Well, you'll have to talk to your Mom about that", seems to be the phrase of the month.

I really do need to start my own thread, but I don't think piecing is where I should be.

B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi Phoenix! It would be great if you had a new thread, but posting on mine or Aud's is good too. For us to catch up on your sitch, that is. Well, I don't mind.

I think for holidays you should get rid of all the old traditions, and start new ones. The daddy traditions. If the kids are having turkey at mom's, let them have homemade popcorn and games at dad's. Or something along those lines. Just a thought.

I hope, otherwise, thanksgiving turns out to be a good one. We in Canada had ours in October, so we've had plenty of time to get over the huge meal and ready for Christmas. Whether that's a good thing or not, is debatable. ;\)

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
W
WCW Offline
W
So this is where PS hangs out? I still vote for your new thread to be in Hopefulness. Aren't you hopeful about your new life? You really sound so much better and even happier!

BeingMe I am embarrassed to say I haven't been by here for a couple of months, and last reading where you weren't so sure about staying in the M. I am so sorry to learn now of the seizures. The lack of independence must surely be maddenning!

OTOH, the whole dynamics of your thoughts and your M has changed for the M. I think Someone has plans for you that includes you staying M and has brought your H closer to your life.

Ok, back to comedy central. Bring on the smiles!

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
WCW #1658678 11/25/08 09:53 PM
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi WCW!
Quote:
The lack of independence must surely be maddenning!
Well, it is somewhat amusing when I have to wait for S21 to take me to school and pick up. How the tables have turned!!!

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
A
ACJ Offline
A
BM,

Only just found this thread!

WRT your epilepsy. I know I have told you before that I suffered seizures as a teenager. When I had EEGs they found what they described at the time as a 'malfunction on the left temple'. They never did find out why and I have been seizure free for 30 years now (gosh even I didn't realise it was that long). The last one I had was my first day at high school. Can you imagine how that affected my ability to make new friends? To this day I still find it hard BUT I have my health and that is all that matters. They never did find out why I had the seizures although they suspect it was with the onset of puberty. I've come through 3 pregnancies ok and just hope I do the same when I finally reach the menopause as these are obviously all events that are linked to the same hormones that they think might have triggered my seizures.

I just wanted you to know that they can go just as quickly as they first appear but I appreciate that it makes life far more difficult as an adult than it did for me as a child.

Take care.

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard