Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
D
D
Way to go Charlie,
I am down only 2 lbs and I am feeling a bit sad today. Not cause of the minor loss but b/c hubby is far away and will be off and on all Winter. ( work)
I cant spend my whole day at the gym and I dont want to eat to comfort myself.
WTF~!~?
there is a coffee shop I love here and their homeade scones are to die for...
Comfort ?
I want to be smaller though,
...... so I have to find oher things to do with my time....
and at the same time just sitting her by myself forces me to be still.
I will work out today just later... skies are grey and I am feelig a bit grey too.
YUCK!~!~
Ava

Delil@h #1653689 11/19/08 09:26 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Ava,

This extra time is a gift for you. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but if you can put that extra time towards working out, you will drop your 38 in no time! I wish I had time to spend 2-3 hours/day at the Y so I could do classes, swimming, and fun workout things.

Great job staying with it.

CB

PS - Soup for lunch today...

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

3/13 - "I want to move to XYZ City (four hours away) and it might be without you, not sure"
5/13 - "Not sure I meant that"
W
W
Just checking in. Did my now "Normal Routine" + 30 pushups, then off to work. Smoothie for snack/lunch and late lunch of Broiled Chicken Breast and Peas.

Also making sure I'm drinking lots of H2O.

Quote heard in the gym today that I really liked "Think of this [your workout] as therapy". I started to and it went by much faster...at least for me.

Doing cardio only workout tomorrow AM.

D
D
Originally Posted By: CharlieBrown
Ava,

This extra time is a gift for you. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but if you can put that extra time towards working out, you will drop your 38 in no time! I wish I had time to spend 2-3 hours/day at the Y so I could do classes, swimming, and fun workout things.

Great job staying with it.

CB

PS - Soup for lunch today...

You are right... I am just being silly.
It is a gift.
I do have it good and the Y is a great place to workout you are right.
I know I will be out of my funk tomorrow.
And who says I cant be at the Y all day?
Hollywood Divas pay for that type of support and I give it to myself...
with a lot of ancouragement from you all too~! ;\)

Great job on the soup.
I had soup too... it is soooooooo cold outside..
I am going to try and make a acorn squash soup this weekend.????!~!~!
Lo cal of course.
Thanks for the post,
Ava

Delil@h #1655352 11/21/08 07:43 PM
W
W
Did my "Gym Therapy" session today. It felt good and I can see improvement my running today. I could do 2 intervals at a faster pace than I usually do. Met some new folks there too.

This AM before breakfast weighed in and I'm down to 186, so I lost a little more...feeling better now.

I'm thinking that I'll do a bonus leg workout tomorrow. Feeling the need to step it up a bit this week since next week is thanksgiving and I'll end up eating gravy, stuffing, and pie with ice cream.

When I work my legs I can really feel the cals burning off.

W

Last edited by Willwa; 11/21/08 07:44 PM.
Willwa #1655397 11/21/08 08:27 PM
D
D
Originally Posted By: Willwa
Did my "Gym Therapy" session today. It felt good and I can see improvement my running today. I could do 2 intervals at a faster pace than I usually do. Met some new folks there too.

This AM before breakfast weighed in and I'm down to 186, so I lost a little more...feeling better now.

I'm thinking that I'll do a bonus leg workout tomorrow. Feeling the need to step it up a bit this week since next week is thanksgiving and I'll end up eating gravy, stuffing, and pie with ice cream.

When I work my legs I can really feel the cals burning off.

W

Great job W~
Holy ambition..
Keep up the "therapy"!~!~!~!!!!!!!!!!
\:D

I didnt go to "therapy" this morning...
I am down 4.8 pounds now in one week. Very good for me~!~!
I will go to therapy tonite though, probaly a good 1 and half 2 hours of it too.
I agree with the leg work.....
But for me ?
I tend to get muscular right away. So I have to be careful. I know they say Women dont that easy but I do and I am only 5 feet 4 inches.....
Last Winter I was up to lifting 300 lbs... with my legs and my arms couldnt top 15 lbs...
GRRRRRR~
Tis time I am staying away from the heavy leg lifting.. lots of reps and low weight even if it feel slike nothing and for arms?
I am doing a full routine with low weight for now to get strength and the rowing machine for definition when I lose more weight.
What do you think?
Ava

Delil@h #1655504 11/21/08 10:01 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Ava,

Lots of reps with lower weights is the way to go to tone up without bulking up.

Great job both of you.

I slacked off yesterday and today (although I did have my soup for lunch today). Won't work out by the time I get home tonight, but will FOR SURE tomorrow after my S's bball practice at 8 AM. Actually I am looking forward to it.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

3/13 - "I want to move to XYZ City (four hours away) and it might be without you, not sure"
D
D
I am so excited. I am down another 4.8 pounds.... so I have lost in total 8.8 pounds .
I am elated ... I am using the Weight Watcher Plan and it works for me. It fits in my lifestyle.
I love this.
I have even had pumpkin pie ( I love this .. I didnt have the cool whip though~)
And carrot cake another one of my faves.
I also have been working out alot.
At the Y~ yesterday my D11 was my "personal trainer"
she taught me to do lunges all around the track,
Good Lord did that work up a sweat. ( she learned them from her gym teacher....)
I WORKED OUT FOR A GOOD HOUR AND A HALF YESTERDAY.

This morning I had my protein shake again. If I am in the mood to cook I do an omelette w/vegetables. No cooking?
I have a hard boiled egg and a Kashi bar.
I am excited,, I turn 38 next month and I hope to at least be a size smaller~!~!~
~Ava
How are you doing Charlie and W~?
How do you like the snow Charlie?
Beautiful huh?
I need to get a shovel cant seem to find mine?
LOL~

Delil@h #1658234 11/25/08 02:49 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Ava,

Wow, great job!

I don't have as good of a report, but to hold myself accountable, I am going to make one anyway.

Worked out Sat, but went out to dinner and ate too much. Sunday was a uber-lazy day and after church I ate/snacked all day and hung around the house watching football. Yesterday and today I couldn't get out of bed to work out (I actually thought about having to post here this morning but went back to sleep anyway). I am taking my son to a college bball game tonight and I am going to force myself to go home an workout first. I am also going to have a salad at lunch.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

D
D
I think the weather has something to do with it.
I feel like sitting at home and snuggling w/ my blanket too.
Thank God my kids motivate me.
Yesterday we all agreed to stay in and relax.\
plus I am still sore .. too many lunges.
Ava

Dont beat yourself up , just as long as you maintain over the holidays.... wont that be nice?

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard