Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
Willwa #1651849 11/17/08 09:18 PM
D
D
Hey CB~
I am in too.
I 'secretly' started again last Wednesday.
I will also commit to posting everyday... it was getting lonely around here....
Today?
I used the eliptical for 30 , bike for 20 and lifted weights....
I 'm so excited about this.
No excuses this time for ME!~!~ I want to lose 38 pounds.... my goal is a size 6... right now I am a size 10~12. If the size 6 comes before the 38 then so be it.... that much weight and I may be a 4~
I would have to ponder that.... I dont want to be tiny like Eva Longoria. I need to still have some vavoom!!!~!~!!!~!
It was snowing a bit tiday after I left the gym...
I feel fabulous....
I am going again tonite with the kids....
Yay ME~!
Love,
Ava

Delil@h #1652347 11/18/08 04:02 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Ava,

Welcome back! The more of us, and the more updates, the better. I also am going to try to do it in secret so it helps to have everyone here to account to.

Last night I went home at 4:30 and worked out. In doing so, I resisted the guilt trip from my wife (working out during dinner time delayed dinner, but just a bit). Felt good doing so and skipped the ice cream last night (although I did have 2 glasses of wine and some aged gouda). Had a bowl of cereal and a yogurt this morning and need to get that down to a cup of cereal tomorrow morning. Also, will get up at 5:45 tomorrow to work out.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

3/13 - "I want to move to XYZ City (four hours away) and it might be without you, not sure"
5/13 - "Not sure I meant that"
C
OP Offline
C
PS Ava, glad to hear you don't want to lose your curves. I hate the body image presented as attractive by today's Hollywood. Those women look like the have rickets and look sickly. To me there is nothing like a woman in good shape with a real body.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

3/13 - "I want to move to XYZ City (four hours away) and it might be without you, not sure"
D
D
Thanks CB~
I definitely dont want to lose my curves.Just get smaller.
Great job on the working out....!~
I have to do it in secret ( DIET ) or it seems hubby tries to either go overboard and be the FOOD POLICE or SABOTAGE....
Plus I want to go at my own pace be it gung ho or slow and easy.
I was going to work out again last nite while the kids played at the Y.
I resisted I tend to go overboard and then I will be sore and wont be able to work out good.

Tonite the girls ( my 10 and 11 year old daughters ) and I are doing a group cycling class.
I am excited about that.
And so are they.
I think if I make it more a Family thing it will work better for me on the long run.
I am also excited about not gaining over the Holidays and not starting out the year feeling "puffy" , and guilty.

Always try to combine protein with a healthy carb in the morning.... CB
Maybe a hard boiled egg with your cereal?
It will help you to feel full longer. ( and apparently then you eat less thruout the day )
And fiber too... ( check the box)
I do protein shakes or omlettes with loads off veggies in a non stick skillet and no oil.
( naked juice and whey protein powder , shake and go!~!~ @ 340 calories and 30 grams of protein and 2 of fiber )
Takes you thru lunch or thru your workout~!~!~
Have a great day CB~
~Ava

Delil@h #1652417 11/18/08 05:06 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I'm going to resist going out for lunch (usually 800 cals or so) and stay in to have soup (240 cals and satisfying in cold weather). I need to get into that habit, not only good for weight, but for wallet!

Wife lost her job 2 weeks ago and has been working out 3-4 times/week, which she needed (not just to tone up, but mentally). Her job loss has put us into a weird place, which I will post about independantly.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

D
D
I love soup too , this time of year ,and it can be very lo cal and filling too. ;\)
I am like your Wife .... exercise does wonders for me too~!~!
Not just my body~!~!
I went to the Gym..
30 minutes on the bike and 40 on the eliptical ( sp ?) machine.
Then my Group cycling class tonite...
YAY ME~!~
Ava

Delil@h #1652669 11/18/08 08:31 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Great job Ava.

I had the soup and this afternoon have had about 15-20 m&ms, which are not good for me.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

W
W
Hey CB, Ava, sounding good, keep it up. xcept no M&M's \:\)

I went to a counselor, for the first time, to talk about my issues. Then off to the gym to calm down, and run off some of what we talked about. 20 mins on the treadmill doing interval sprints makes me feel better and get my mind off things for a bit.

Went to work and had a smoothie. It seems to still be sticking to me through lunch. Sorry have no idea on how many cals was in it, but it was made from: almonds, fat free milk, low fat strawberry yogurt, banana, vanilla protein powder, and some flax seed meal.

Jumped on the scale this AM before breakfast and I was down 2 pounds, to 188.

I'll have my chicken breast that I brought for lunch either for late lunch or early dinner.

Willwa #1652995 11/19/08 03:20 AM
D
D
Great smoothie I wish they made those around here....
I dunno of a place where they make those.... bummer.
I will just have to get some almonds and flax meal. I have the flax seeds but no grinder...
I love the smoothie idea it really does keep you full.
Good job CB~
I LOOOOOOOOOVE chocolate.
I think craving chocolate would have to do with it gets dark at 4:30 around here this time of year!~!~! Yuck..... Ya think?
So I have to steeer clear for now.
I wasnt able to go to the cycling class my girls invited a friend to the Y ~ with us.
The class is called "Family" cycling.... I told my girls I cant go and say...
HI~!~!....
....... here is my invisible Family. My girls laughed.
So I rode the bike for 30 then walked for 30 and lifted weights for my arms for 30.
YES~!~!~!

Delil@h #1653246 11/19/08 02:56 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Great job both of you! That smoothie does sound good.

Last night my wife went out with some other women for a "girls night out" to dinner. I had a pretty big dinner (probably 1,000 cals) but nothing really bad for me (except the piece of pizza the kids had left that I should have put in the fridge. I put the kids to bed by 8:00 and was able to sit down and finish reading a book I have been reading called "101 Nights" about a couple that had sex for 101 straight days. While doing this I had one small glass of wine (there was about an inch left in the bottle) and I didn't open another one or get a beer when I was done, nor did I get ice cream. W came home about 9 and when it was obvious she wasn't coming home with renewed interest in getting some action, I kept reading and let her go to bed. I followed at 10 when she was still awake and we went to bed together. I agree with Cinco that this is important and I need to do it more, even though it often leads to frustration. Also, I was able to wake up at 5:45 and had a great workout until 7, then I was able to get the kids breakfast ready.

For breakfast I had a cup of cereal, rather than a bowl, a big glass of water, and a yogurt.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard