Babygirl #1629070 10/24/08 03:20 AM
how are you doing?

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
sgctxok #1631389 10/27/08 04:04 PM
C
OP Offline
C
On the weight front, not the greatest. I mentioned earlier that about a month ago, I fell off the fitness wagon and I've yet to get back on. Last week I was at a training class all week and they have world class chefs prepare the meals, so that wasn't great.

I am back up to 214, so I haven't ballooned fully, but I have given back 5 pounds of my gains. Moreover, I feel out of shape, which makes me feel sluggish. Time to make better choices.

I finally went to the doctor about my knee two weeks ago and he had good news and bad news. The bad news is that whenever I work out hard, I am likely to have pain in my knee for a couple days. The good news is that I am not causing any more damage and there is nothing that needs to be done surgically, so I need to just get used to it.

On the ML front, I was gone all last week and looking forward to Friday night, but my LDW told me Thursday that her fibroid (she has one about the size of an orange) had been acting up, which translates to discomfort and bleeding. So, we took a tub and relaxed and I was ok with it, even knowing that Sunday she would get her period and there would be no action for another week.

Next month she has her yearly ob appt. and she is finally going to be serious about getting the fibroid removed (they can do it in a way that leaves your uterus intact now) and she is also going to ask about switching to bcps that have a period every 3 months. Both are items I have wanted to see for a long time.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

3/13 - "I want to move to XYZ City (four hours away) and it might be without you, not sure"
5/13 - "Not sure I meant that"
D
D

Glad to hear from you.... \:\)

I have maintained that 6 lb loss and I need to get back on track.
I hear ya , life seems to get in the way ,,,
And today the weather is reminding me that Winter is soon to be here...
We had flurries here today. Yuck... nothing much though.....
UGH,, and the holidays.
I need a game plan now or I am not going to do well this year.

HMM,

Take care and God bless,
~Ava

Delil@h #1632319 10/28/08 02:24 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks Ava. I tell you, it makes a difference to know that others are pulling for you, it really does. Last night I was watching a movie after the kids went to bed and at about 9, was tempted to go get some icecream, but I thought about my post yesterday and skipped it. Now, if I could just get out of bed to work out at 5:45 AM in the dark....

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

3/13 - "I want to move to XYZ City (four hours away) and it might be without you, not sure"
D
D
I know the dark mornings make me want to cover up and wait for the sun.
Yuck... I grew up here but I am starting to get sick of the hard winters..
~Ava

Delil@h #1641426 11/06/08 07:59 PM
S
S
Hi CharlieBrown,

I saw on Cinco's thread you mentioned listening to Sirius radio and listening to Tiffany Granath. Could you tell me what channel she is on ? I would be interested in listening to her also. I tried looking around to find her But I had no luck.

Thank You, Shelby

Me:43
H:43
T:20 YRS
M:15 YRS
Bomb: 6/9/08
Bomb#2 7/6/10
Served with papers at work 7/13/10
DD:14, DD:11
Shelby #1641540 11/06/08 09:31 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Shelby,

She is on Playboy Radio 198. Because of the nature of the content, you need to call Sirius and have them turn the channel on for you first.

IMHO, her show is the only good one, but it is really good.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

W
W
Hi I just found this DB forum yesterday.

Mind if I join in on the "shape up" fun. I started on my own early this month and have a goal of losing 15 pounds by Christmas. Our family will be going from the Cold PNW to the south for the holiday.

I lost a bunch last spring and started to really feel a lot better about myself. I got back to what I weighed in high school and could see my abs. However over the summer I got out of the routine and gained some back. Now that I know how to lose it it's just the decision to do it that I needed to make. I'm back on track at the gym and working out 3-4 times a week.

I weigh 190 now and my goal is really a low % of body fat (10ish) and not really a hard weight goal, so I'll end up somewhere around 180ish.

My plan is to use Interval running / weight lifting.
Diet: low carbs high protein. limiting carbs while eating veggies and protein.

5 things that really helped me to lose weight last time was:
1. cut out all soft drinks.
2. bring my lunch to work. Grilled chicken breast and eat 1 package frozen veggies
3. 3 larger meals and eat 2-3 snacks a day. Essentially stoking my metabolisim every 2-3 hours.
4. Eat as many of my daily carbs as possible in the AM. Read oatmeal.
5. Drink Smoothies. They can really make you feel full for a long time and are super quick to make.

Todays workout was 20 mins interval running and then medicine ball workout.

Willwa #1651471 11/17/08 03:41 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Willwa,

Welcome! It is time for me to get going again as well. I lost about 8-9 late-summer, but have since put it back on and am in a very lazy mode. Something about the onset of cold weather that makes me feel like doing nothing but eating comfort food and sleeping in. The only time that works for me to exercise usually is early morning and I have been struggling to wake up. You have motivated me to go home early today and work out!

CB

PS - Please post often.

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

W
W
Hey CB thanks for the Welcome.

I just got to work after going to the gym. I'm really trying to get into the M-W-F routine of doing a interval training workout on the treadmill for 20 or so minutes. Then do the Med Ball 200 workout.

I don't feel the need to get into real weight lifting to build muscle this time. I'm working on just losing the fat and firm up the muscles I have already. Of course with the goal of a getting my "Six Pack" back!

After my work out I went to the store to pick up some stuff so I can make smoothies at work for a mid morning snack.

Did you take a pic of yourself when you started so you can look at it for motivation? Then take one when you accomplish your goal?

Willwa

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard