Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, Whatisis. I am so grateful to live here in Canada. Where we have the freedom to vote for our new leaders tommorrow. Where we have plenty to eat (and I along with millions of others did just that today). We live in wonderful, comfortable homes. And the weather is just fabulous this weekend.

I could go on with my gratitude list for hours. But you get the picture.

One of my sisters lost a dear friend this w/e. She was in her forties, the mother of 3 teens. She had lived in an abusive situation which she had finally broken free of. It was hard on the kids when she left (taking them with her of course). Now her life was cut short suddenly. So far we do not know why. But it does make you once again realize how precious life is. How it can be taken away in an instance and how it should not be taken for granted.

We had a wonderful dinner out with Josh's family in Toronto. 8 years ago I had Thanksgiving at the cottage with my husband and kids. Never would I have dreamed that now I'd be with a new man, a new family. So weird.

I remember 7 years ago today. My dear friend invited me to her home in Vancouver for the holiday. My kids were with my family at the cottage so they were taken care of. And at my friend's home, I cried through the entire meal. Yes, that was me! I could not sleep, barely ate and the pain in my heart was unbelievable! But it was on that trip that I found Divorce Remedy and I found hope.

Yes, that was me! And if that woman could turn her frown upside down and end up as I am today - anyone can. Trust me!

Today I saw my ex. I had not seen him in a couple of years. He was in my driveway when I got home from Toronto. My son had called him to go out (3rd time this year! WOW!). So I waited until he pulled out of the driveway. He had his window down but I did not lower mine. I do NOT like the man he has become. he nodded at me and I did the same back. And it struck me how UNATTRACTIVE he was to me. He just looks BAD! And I got out of the car, went in the house and believe it or not I had that shakey feeling. Hmmm... so I haven't lost that yet.

But it subsided and I know it will be many months before I see him again (well I HOPE). and for that - I AM SO GRATEFUL! LOL!

OK, acting like a turkey tonight but who cares.

I love reading your posts! Every one of you has so much to add to this thread. Thanks for being here!

Barb

OP Offline
One day a dad gets off work and as he is driving home, he remembers it is his daughter's birthday. He pulls off at the nearest Toy Store and asks the sales person "How much for one of those Barbies in the window?

Salesperson: "Which one do you mean, sir? "We have Work Out Barbie" for $19.95, "Shopping Barbie" or $19.95, "Malibu Beach Barbie" for $19.95, "Disco Barbie" for $19.95, "Ballerina Barbie" for $19.95, "Astronaut Barbie" for $19.95, "Skater Barbie" for $19.95 and "Divorced Barbie for "265.95".

The amazed dad asks: "It's What? Why is Divorced Barbie $265.95 and the others are only $19.95"?

The annoyed salesperson rolls her eyess, sighs and answers:

"Sir, Divorced Barbie comes with Ken's car, Ken's House, Ken's Boat, Ken's furniture, Ken's computer and one of Ken's friends"!!!!!!

L
L
Hee!!! I have heard that one before, but its a classic. \:\)

Happy Thanksgiving, probably a bit late, but thinking of you Canadians nonetheless.

I can't believe you dont see you X, ever!! How do you do that with kids? I know the shakey feeling all too well.

Funny you mentioned that your Ex didn't seem attractive at all...today my D4 and I were waiting for her gymnastics class to start and I saw H pull up (he mentioned he wanted to come see her in class today, usually doesn't have Mondays off). I watched him walk across the parking lot and I was thinking how much he has changed, and how I don't find him very attractive anymore. His whole look has...shifted...don't know how else to explain it. And that's just the outside, you know?

'nuff about me, girl, just popped in to say HI HI HI

OP Offline
THanks lwb:

So stuffed, I slept in and missed my 8:30 meeting. OOPS. Me bad! Oh well. Rare, if ever that happens and it was not that vital.

Hard to explain to someone else what they look like but my H does not look like ANYONE I even know.

I don't have to see ex because my youngest is 20. The kids, if they see him, make their own arrangements. My oldest is 29 but severely disabled. I do not handle H's picking him up once or twice a month for an hour - I have son's nurse handle it. Only the arrangments are made through me but I let my Ex know at the beginning that if he missed visitation I made no changes at all. He screwed up so often that Ryan was waiting around for nothing and that is not right. See him on Wed at 5:30 or not at all.

I will likely see my ex at D's grad in June. We have had 3 grads since our split. They were usually unpleasant experiences. At the first one we sat together and even had to kiss during the peace (D's 8th grade catholic school grad). He arrived late but first had maggot drive him around the parking lot while we were outside for photos and make her presence known. He is in our photos with D. The next one, 2 years later was son's college grad. I did not want him around me so we sat at opposite ends of the row. 2 years ago was D's high school grad and he had stopped paying child support and owed me thousands. I told D I did not want to sit anywhere near him. So I begged son to sit on the opposite side of the room with ex while I sat with my Dad. I cannot stand to be in his presence. Other than that, have had 2 runins at funeral homes and suffice to say he let his female dog loose and she ran right up my back and breathed down my neck trying to get me to acknowledge her. That's the kind of woman maggot is. Not one I will give the time of day.

But that's all history. This notion that they somehow have a realization and regret after several years in MLC has not been apparent in my ex's case. I have now gone 5 months without CS for Ash as he considers her not needing it since she is only in college part time. He does not recognize the fact I give her a nice home to live in an food. Ashley's BF lives at home too. He was working fulltime and not in school. His dad still pays CS to his mom and also just bought him a new laptop. That's a laugh here. I got 1/3 tuition and not a penny more. And for that I'm grateful!

OK, no need to vent because I'm not angry or upset. I got tired of fighting about this a long time ago and would rather pay for D on my own than have to converse with a moron.

Barb

OP Offline
Another gorgeous sunny day. Today we vote in our Federal election. We may have new leadership in this country. I am grateful to have the freedom to choose who might do that best.

Skipped the early meeting but will make it to the fun one in the afternoon. Then I need to put in some real work at the studio. It is a busy time.

Josh and I changed our cruise room to save some $ when our dollar bit the dust last week. We just paid the min deposit, though, as we are optimists who hope to see an increase in the next week or so after the election.

You know, a trip to Australia was something H and I had always planned to do. He always said "Hawaii for our 15th anniversary, Australia for our 25th". More like Hawaii for our 20th, a divorce for our 25th. I am grateful that we did make it to Hawaii and even took the kids on 2 subsequent trips there. Those are great memories. I wonder how Ex will feel when he hears that I am going on the trip. He and maggot could never afford to do it, of that I'm certain. Oh well, his loss.

Must get busy. Have a mile long "to do list" today. But I think skipping the AM meeting will give me a shot at crossing some things off the list.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Barb

Hi Barb,
Happy belated Thanksgiving! Just thought I'd pop-in to see if there were still any familar names, and there you were!

I have some great news! I'm going to be a gramma in April! yep my son and his wife are expecting. We are all very thrilled. This is the first grand on both sides.

The other news is that my daughter is in grad school in Boston going for her MSW just like mom did. I was up there in Sept. helping to get her settled in. I do miss her, but having an "empty nest" is nice too. \:\)

Other than that, everything is the same. I love that there is no longer any drama in my life. Have you heard from any of the oldies lately?

MC

OP Offline
Hi LW~

I stay in touch with a few DB friends and plan to visit Nursemom and Hopeful next month. Maybe you can join us. I'm going to Largo/Tampa on Nov 15. Do let me know if you and CK can come. I had such a nice visit with you last Feb. It was fun and a great chance to get to know you better.

Congrats on the big news. WOW! That is very special! Friend became a grandma recently as well as Naej. Cathy 47 posted yesterday after a long hiatus. And I'm sure you know that Nursemom is a grandmother to 2 little girls now as well.

I, too, am thrilled to live without the drama. Who needs that? just increases the blood pressure.

Take care and give my best to CK.

Barb

OP Offline
Another sunny day! YIPPEE!!! Just make my heart sing!

The colours deepen outside my dining room window. I have a row of green cedars but my Ash tree is bright yellow I can see several deep burgundy maples, a bright red and some orange. Such a glorious display!

It was 3 years ago this week that I moved into this house. When I saw the Ash tree in all its glory I took it as a good sign. My daughter's name, Ashley, means "from the Ash tree meadow". I had planted Ash trees at our previous home (the dream house that we built), but there were already several growing here when we bought it.

I love this house. Some days I wish I had a bit more room, though it is large by most people's standards. Just, I am a "collector" and no matter where you put me - I collect stuff.

So, a new cleaning person is coming today. I need to scramble to tidy up so I don't scare her off. I am "artistic" and do love to spread out and have my finger in one too many projects at a time.

Today is a charity lunch at the top of the Skylon tower overlooking the Falls. It is a gorgeous day for it. I always buy 2 tickets to all the charity functions then ask a friend. Today I am taking my daughter. We will meet 2 of my friends. It is a sumptuous buffet which throws my post Thanksgiving diet right out the window. What diet?

When I get home I will finally get some "me time". Time to do what I want to do. I am grateful for that.

So what are your plans today?

Barb

K
K
Hey Barb
You out there? lol
I remember when you bought that house! Didnt you just see it and decide you wanted it? I thought that was crazy! cool but crazy lol and see it has worked out.

Today for me is a clean the house day, I have been on the go and ignoring things that need to get done. Tomorrow my GF C is having her annual Halloween brunch w/ out lil group of friends, and B will be here fri. sooo today is the day.
Sooooo hope things are OK if you know what i mean

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Hi Barb...I do wonder what's up? We DID have a full moon last night. So maybe some werewolfs or hobgoblins or scary creatures are haunting around here? It is almost Halloween...

Hmmm. I've had gratitude forced right into my face the last few days. My office window overlooks our small parking lot, and we're located in a rather transitional part of town. We've had a homeless guy sort of camp out in our parking lot the last couple of days. Just sort of sits up against the fence and takes a nap. Makes me really happy that hey...I've got a roof over my head, money in the bank, food in my belly.

Let's see what else. I'm also very very very happy we shook off the ACORN folks around here...they can't "register" fake voters any more...past the deadline. Causing too much dissension around these parts anyway. You Canadians seem to be very lucky: your elections are so much easier than ours. But yes...I am very happy to live in a free society with elected leaders.

Biggest thing I think I'm grateful for today: I get to go home and have a quiet evening and have NOTHING on the schedule for one evening!! Yippee. I might pop in a couple of DVDs, uncork a bottle of that TJ wine, put my feet up, and say ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard