Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi all,

Well I have learned another lesson in how to listen to my own instints.

Not quit a month ago I met a man at work.We saw each other a couple of days a week.Talked almost everyday.He seemed to good to be true.I saw no red flags.None!! But I found myself picking up a vibe.I mistook it for just being scared of being hurt again.Everyone liked him.Even my S18.Said he was down to earth.

But I just couldn't figure out why I was not into him.I decided to give him a chance.

Well wednesday I had planned on going to my sisters after work.I called him at 8 in the morning to let him know I might not have time to call him that day.He told me to have a nice time.

Sometime around 11 at night I got the first of three phone calls.The first on I didn't answer because I was in bed.I didn't hear the call.He left me a voice mail asking me what he did to piss me off.Begging me to call him.Weird.

At five thirty I got another phone call that I didnt hear because I was in the shower.I didn't even know he called since I didn't look at my phone.He left me another voice mail.

At eight he called me again.I was at work.I was busy.It was breakfast rush hour and I couldn't pull away to answer.No voice mail.I planned on calling him on my break.

I went on break.I was having breakfast with another coworker and totally forgot to call him.I clocked back it.

At around 9ish I clock back in to work.I go to the back of the restarant.I work at McDonalds and I was going to be on the back window.I was getting my cash drawer ready.

He comes in.Asked my manager where I was.He told him I was in the back.Said he would get me in a minute.NG said NO!! I will go get her.Pushed past several of my coworkers.Walked all the way back to me.I had my back to him.I never saw him in the back.Several of the male coworkers made him go to the front counter.

I had heard the noise but didn't know what it was all about since I was counting my money.They told me what had happened and that he was waiting for me up front.

I go to the front counter and tell him he could have gotten me fired and that I would call him when I have time.I was very angry.He left.

About a hour later I go out to have my last cig.break.No sooner that I got out there he whips into the parking lot.Throws a phone card at me.Asking me to call him.I give him back the card and tell him I will call him when I calm down because I was very angry and this was making me more angry.

He asked me are you telling me you don't want to see me any more.I told him I was not going to talk to him about that at my work.

Later after work one of my coworkers walks me home since he has decided I was not safe.

I call my best friend.She comes and gets me and my D14 and S18.We go to her house.I call him from her phone which I *69 so he would have that number.I tell him I no longer want to see him.I tell him we are not compatable.He cusses a bit.And wanted to talk.I said there was nothing to talk about since I made up my mind.

I know that if he acted like that this early it would only get worse.

So my lesson on that is to listen to that small voice in my head that says somethimg isn't right.

Thats my bad luck in finding a nice man to spend time with.

Have a good weekend.And be careful who you talk to and if you have any weird feelings well don't ignore it.Its there for a reason.

Later Friends
Briget

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
H
H
Aww Bridget, that's too bad. But not really. Not really because your little voice was right. Not really because you could have been head over heels with him and then might have found out. Not really because you've come a long way girl.

It used to be that you found out later. So this guy had you find out sooner.

If a guy came to my work and did that kind of thing, I would never see him again. He had no right to do that to you. Good thing you found out now.

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
HT,

I'm so glad I found out this soon into it.My life is so awesome right now and I sure as hell don't want that kind of drama.

So far I haven't heard from him since I told him I don't want to see him again.

I'm more focused on that new grandbaby I have on the way.D22 has a new duedate.The baby was due on christmas day.But she had another ultra sound and now she is due jan.24.She is not happy about that.She is so uncomfortable.She has a pinched siatic(sp?)nerve and in pain.

I can't wait to buy little pink dresses and shoes.I'm a little bummed.She told me I can't get the baby any blinking barbie shoes.Says they are tacky.When she was a little girl she had so many pairs of blinking barbie shoes.

I'm gonna get a pair for here.She can wear them her.LOL

And I'm going to be focusing on my pool game.I have gone down in rank and well thats not cool.I'm not gonna get to Vegas by not practicing.LOL

Life is awesome and he was just one little blip.

Later Friend
Briget

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
K
kml Offline
K
Quote:
D22 has a new due date.The baby was due on christmas day.But she had another ultra sound and now she is due jan.24

Ummmmm.....this doesn't sound right to me.

Granted, I haven't done obstetrics for a very long time. But even back in the dark ages in the 80's when I was in training, we knew one thing: you don't change due dates based on ultrasounds done late in pregnancy. Certainly not based on an ultrasound done 3 months before her due date (at what, 27, 28 weeks?).

Now - if there was some genuine confusion about her dates early on, or no early ultrasound - that's a different matter. But an ultrasound done around 10 or 12 weeks is much more accurate for dating than one done at 28 weeks. This is because by 28 weeks, you can start to see big variances in fetal growth from person to person. The first few months there's much less variability.

I'm not saying her OB is wrong; just saying she should ask some questions because this is unusual, to make such a big change in dates so far along into a pregnancy.

Ellie

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
this is daughter... there was not an early ultrasound done. but i found out in early april that i was expecting. and they were going by my period. now that they have done the ultrasound they have changed the date going by her size. they say she is a month behid where she should be. now my entire family has carried small babys, so that might be it. i think they are wrong, im still saying dec. 25th. cuz the amount of time isnt right. id be an extra month along if they are right.

K
kml Offline
K
Hi, Briget's daughter! \:\)

Well, if you had a positive pregnancy test in early April, you would be around 28-29 weeks or so and due around Christmastime.(They count weeks from the first day of your last period, pregnancy test is positive sometime between date of conception(2 weeks after start of period) and date of next missed period (4 weeks)).

To say that your due date is one month later, they would have to assume that your first pregnancy test in April was wrong, or that you miscarried that month and got pregnant right away again the next month. If you count back 38 weeks from the new due date they gave you, that is the day of conception they are assuming. This would be AFTER you had the positive pregnancy test in April, correct?

This doesn't seem very likely.

BTW, was that a home pregnancy test? They are actually pretty accurate when positive. So - if you definitely had a positive pregnancy test in early April, it seems very questionable to change your dates now.

Why do we care? Well, we don't like to let women go too far past their due date. Once a woman passes 43 weeks (40 is due date) the risk of fetal death goes up. For that reason, it is now pretty standard to induce labor if a woman doesn't go into labor on her own by 42,or at the latest 43, weeks.

Now - if they made a mistake in moving your date back, AND you didn't go into labor on your own, you would be 44 weeks by your new "due date" and that would be dangerous. (Relax, though, this is fairly rare - luckily, usually your body KNOWS when to go into labor.) I don't want you to lose any sleep over this, but I would go back to your obstetrician and ask them to explain how you had a positive pregnancy test a month BEFORE they say you got pregnant.

Ellie

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi Ellie

Thank you.She see's her Dr on the 8th.She will have a talk with her.

Life is going good right now.I'm content.I shot my pool league last monday.I won my game.I got a rackless.I have a lot of rackless night pins.I really want a break and run pin.Or a 8 on the break pin.I have been focusing more on my game.And it is showing.

I got a skirt magazine today.It has a poem on the front that I love.Gonna post it here.

Have you bloomed Lately?

Be the centerpiece,not the wall flower!

Don't wait for spring to shed the comforter of inertia that keeps you asleep in the bud,the permafrost of habit that keeps you stuck in a no-growth zone.

Stop wishing -start working.
Stop waiting -start the groundbreaking.

Whats the story you're waiting to be,the superpower you've been hiding,the seed you haven't watered,the calling you put on hold,the forgivness you've withheld,the next step you haven't taken?

Theres a wild flower in you waiting to blossom.

A back to nature barefoot zinnia.

A chanel camellia searching for a spotlight.

A passionflower on the prowl.

A stargazer lily with skyhight dreams.

A rambling rose ready to pull up roots and see the world.

It's never to late in the season to grow into your true nature.

Have a good night all.

Later Friends
Briget

Hi Bridget

This is Elyse. I thought I'd just write to you. I'm sorry about what happened with that guy at work, but good for you for what you did and how you handled it. You did the right things from the start! And letting it not freak you out is great too. I wish I could be more like that. My confidence has come a long way, but still needs work.

You're doing well. Congrats on the future grandD! I love girls! I just took my D and her friend to their first Tea Luncheon. Just love girls! \:\)

You rock!
Elyse

Hi Briget,

Sorry about the guy turning into a nut case but so glad you found out early on.

Love the poem! \:\)

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Elyse,

I'm so excited about my new Grandbaby.I just can't wait.

Don't worry about your confidence I saw on your thread you bucked up against your ex.Good for you.Sometimes it just has to be done.LOL

Pam,

I'm so glad I found out early on to.I had a gut feeling.Just ignored it.Everyone liked him.But I'm an outgoing people person.The one thing I know is people.I knew this was not right.Looking back I saw the red flags.Just didn't think they were really red flags.

Thank God he showed his true colors early on.

I have tomorrow off.I'm taking it easy.And I'm staying up later tonight since I can sleep in.Gonna be off and on the board tonight.

Later Friends
Briget

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard