Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
S
S
Hi I am going to get serious with this now.
I think I need to set mini goals for myself. I have a party next Saturday the 20th to go to, with some people I have not seen in years. I am going to try to lose 5 lb. by then. It won't be enough to look much different, but it will help me in the self confidence departmant.
After this goal is met I will have to think of another mini goal.

Shelby

Me:43
H:43
T:20 YRS
M:15 YRS
Bomb: 6/9/08
Bomb#2 7/6/10
Served with papers at work 7/13/10
DD:14, DD:11
Shelby #1587604 09/10/08 02:58 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Shelby,

I think that is a good idea and you will feel better without those 5 extra pounds. Post on how you are doing.
CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

3/13 - "I want to move to XYZ City (four hours away) and it might be without you, not sure"
5/13 - "Not sure I meant that"
C
OP Offline
C
This morning I did not want to get up, but did (albeit 1/2 hour later than I should have) and worked out. I am on the road until Sunday and won't be able to work out, so I was glad I did.

BTW, wife gave me the "I'm tired, how about tomorrow" response last night, to which I just replied, I am on the road, as you know. I thought she might respond, but she didn't and I didn't because I didn't want to beg. How to handle this is not my specialty yet.

Weighed in at 210 this morning. Hoping to drop to 209 by Friday.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

3/13 - "I want to move to XYZ City (four hours away) and it might be without you, not sure"
S
S
CB--I did not disappear. I am trying to stay off the scale til next week. I have a heck of a cold and not really feeling like eating too much right now.

I have done good--no big snacking.

I am wearing a T-Shirt that I got in 2002. It was from a Lane Bryant Fashion Show. It is SIGNIFICANTLY oversized now--it was not when I got it. Irony---It says "Big Girls Rock" on it! I am dreaming of cutting this thing up at some point, in order to have some fun with it. I want to cut the arms off, put a big V in the neckline, knots at the shoulders, and wear a tank under it. I will do it when I get to 200-225 lbs. I am unfortunately, able to carry my weight well, and I would be able to more than pull off that look then.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

C
OP Offline
C
I am stalled out on my weight loss right now and have a serious case of "I don't give a f***-itis" that I need to snap out of. Part of it is that I hit the 210 level and I don't have time to take it to the next level (due to work and I can't work out a couple hours every day -3/week is more realistic). As a result, and due to fall weather kicking in here, I just don't have my motivation. Plus, Octoberfest Beer, apple pies & muffins, chili (I could go on and on with fall weight loss killers). Bottom line, I need to hit it harder and not fall back.

As a positive, I haven't yet said a word to my wife about trying to lose weight, but she must have noticed because she is trying to eat better and has worked out more lately as well. Hasn't led to any changes in our ML frequency (going on 3 weeks), but still a positive. BTW, she is 5'8" or so, has 38D chest and would otherwise have a killer bod for a mother of 2 if she would lose 15-20. I still think she is hot as is, but she would feel much hotter about herself if she would lose that weight and nothing I say seems to matter about it.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

S
S
Well, my scale has not moved this week, but I am not disappointed. I have female bloat this week, so if it does not go up, that is a plus--since all I want to eat is large quantities of chocolate and chips!

I have been drinking a ton more water--almost a gallon a day.

We will see what happens next week.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

good job !!!

I just joined WW. The point system is a new idea to me....but I'm surprised at how much I can eat that isn't salad.

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
sgctxok #1617640 10/10/08 08:21 PM
C
OP Offline
C
How is everyone doing on their "shape-up" (I hate to use weight loss only because I think being in your best shape is really what is important).

I am doing lousy. A couple weeks ago, I completely stopped caring about watching what I was eating. Also, my knee is messed up and I haven't been able to run or bike, which has given me the excuse to be totally lazy.

A big part of this is psychological due to a bunch of factors. First, I am in "fall depression" which, for those of you who live in warm climates may not know about, is the depression that I get knowing that we are about to get hit with several months of winter. While it is beautiful outside right now, it won't last.

Second, I had really leveled off, although much closer to my goal weight. Something in my head says, "you are here, now you can relax" instead of being steady.

Anyway, I am going to the doctor next week for my knee and need to start back on the program right now.

I would be interested in how everyone else is doing.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

Hi Charlie Brown, I have never posted to you before but I have read some of your posts and have been silently cheering you on from across the pond.
I know what you mean about the autumnal blues. I have a tendency to want to hibernate when the dark nights set in, my yoga teacher talked today about it and says its a natural process and a time for inner healing and natures way of making us slow down to reflect.
Light boxes are supposed to be very good if you suffer from SAD badly.
Anyway I hope you can find the motivation again,you have done so well. Knee problems must be a real pain.
Good luck and take care.

naej #1617850 10/11/08 12:04 AM
B
B
ok please dont beat me, my weight gal is to Gain. i am so grossly skinny from chemo and my health, I want my body back!

M 36
XH 34
3 children
If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. Mark 3:25
"your mood swings are giving me whiplash" twilight
ALIVE FREE AND HAPPY 2010

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard