Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Whoa, glad I read this before I went into work. My Boss is a U of Iowa graduate and I'm sure not very happy this morning!

So glad you're back and that you had a great time. Getting away is a goodthing and so rejunvenating!

Love,
Bethie

Last edited by BethM; 09/29/08 12:55 PM.
OP Offline
Happy Monday Friends!

No sunshine here in Barbie World today but that's ok - I NEED a rainy day in order to not feel guilty doing "inside" work. I intend to spend part of my day working (much directorial stuff to do for the studio) and the other part organizing. Months away have left things less than ship shape.

Ashley is struggling with her stuff right now but seems like she's getting through the worst of it. She often withdraws and doesn't talk to me about it. She did that as I was leaving on Wed and again a bit last night. But a mom knows when things are not so good so I had to push a bit to get her to open up with me. And here's what went down.

Last Monday she started her new fulltime job. Her ex boyfriend and new love interest both work there side by side. Her new interest's ex and her cousin also work there. Seems every one of them wanted a piece of Ashley. I tried to remind her that being single was the best choice she could make for a bit to let the dust settle. In the week prior she was changing back and forth betweeen the BFs, really struggling with choices and emotions. The ex and cousin were ganging up on her as well. So much drama for a young girl! When I left, I left a note "Have a great weekend, honey. Try to stay out of the drama. And please - try to stay single!"

When she finally talked to me last night she said "I took your advice and stayed single. It was difficult. The new love interest is not taking it well. She hung with ex as friends a bit. No pressure. No intent to start it up again. But new guy (whom she now does NOT want to be with since he is too controlling) is giving her and her ex a terrible time. And getting others involved too. I told her it was very "Junior High" and that it will pass. Just to let it be. She also told me she tried my "STOP" technique at work when others were hassling her and it worked. She seemed confident that it will end soon but I pray for her strength to get through yet another day.

As for me - I have renewed energy and spirit today. I am faced with a LONG to do list but will tackle things the best that I can.

Wishing you all a Fabulous Monday - just as I intend mine to be!

Barb

D
D
Barbie please note the edits above and on AG's thread. Please do not post to her again.

Last edited by dbmod; 09/29/08 02:46 PM.

dbmod
Excuse me??? Where were you when AG posted her hate filled stuff on another's thread?

OP Offline
Yes, this is BEYOND ridiculous. Does AG OWN this bb?

Barb

OP Offline
I guess the moderator will be busy because there is enough stuff written on the bb regarding AG to fill a forum. And most of it is representative of the digust everyone feels. Things that do not get resolved fester. Sweeping things under the carpet does not make them go away. The "IGNORE" feature is one of the silliest things on here.

I don't pick fights with people but I DO stand up for what I believe in and for those who were attacked by her.

I want a happy board again. Now that she is leaving - maybe peace will reign once more.

And it's funny how those who defend her rarely show up unless she whistles for them.

Barb

OP Offline
Bethie: Did your boss go to Homecoming? It was so much fun! Chuck Berry was the featured entertainer. For real! Not some Mike Lookinland Lookalike - LOL!

The game started off brilliantly. THe last 1.5 min of the game were BRUTAL. But so it goes in football.

It was all so much fun with my friends, though. And Chelsea (the Golden Girl) is having the time of her life at that school.

Barb

Hey Barb,

Isn't Iowa City a cute town? Believe it or not, that is where H and I had our honeymoon...bookworms that we are/were!

I got married in Dubuque, which is to the north. It was in December, the coldest day of the year. We were broke (of course) but wanted to experience some culture. HA! So Iowa City it was. Didn't go to Chicago because I didn't want to be around my family.

I have to say, the macaroni and cheese sounds good, and typical Iowa. When I moved there I gained 20 pounds! All that bacon...MMMMM, bacon.

All is sounding very good.

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

OP Offline
Survival Goddess:

WOW - Iowa City! My friends that were with me travel a lot (like me). We all agreed that Iowa City has some very fine restaurants. The mall wasn't bad either. A little better than anticipated. And isn't that what we all like - keep your expectations low - sometimes you're pleasantly surprised.

We were lucky enough to have concierge rooms so we ate there often. They put out fine breakfast food and evening appetizers. Served wine. Nice touch!

I will go back next year because I had a blast. Josh likes College football so he'll likely be with me.

Barb

S
S
I so much want to see Chuck Berry while he is still shaking it!

Are both 'S' in Des Moines silent?

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard