Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hey lodo:

Yes, Picasso, Medea and Kitty Kat are all cats. We usually do our walks at 11pm or later - no cars, dogs or people around at that time. It is roughly a 1/2 mile walk - sometime a mile at most.

5-6 miles! How long did it take you? My cats meander, explore and play when we walk.

A triathalon may not be a bad idea - it is a good way to meet people - and well I like goals - I need them to push myself....

I use to work out at gyms until I moved to Vermont - where there were no gyms - so I embraced the outdoors. This is the first one I am joining since I have moved to the midwest. I like swimming outdoors - did that for awhile - we have a pool in our subdivision that is open in the summer. But they came up with a no-kickboard rule (b/c it encourages parents to not pay attention to their kids) - and I decided it was easier to just go somewhere else...

Wine tasting - problem is that after a tasting away for awhile all the wines start to taste the same! I like wines. And sometimes different types of beer depending on the food. This cocktail thing is something new I am trying.

I mowed my own lawn for 5 years and just last year hired a landscaping company to do it. It use to take me an hour and a half to just mow it. It isn't the sounds of the mowing that I enjoy - it is that I associate the sound with my lawn getting magically mown, edged and clippings blown w/o me lifting a finger!

Good luck with that paper - perhaps it should be "shifting" positions of candidates' positions on nuclear energy!

take care,
AG

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi Friends:

After I started my own firm 3 years ago, I finally had time to GAL. I thought it would happen instantly - but it didn't. And I became frustrated at that time. It ended up being a process. I tried all sorts of organizations and different types of groups for three years. And now I suddenly find myself in a situation where I have to pick and choose what I want to do from a number of options! \:\)

Even GAL seems to require balance! I had dropped my weekly yoga classes for awhile and went back for the first time in a month today. I had forgotten how much I need that to detach from life stress in general. I also wanted to be warmed up for my first day with weights - in years... I didn't end up going yesterday.

In my case, my M created a life infrastructure. And when it disappeared - I had to start all over again. And finally after 5 years - it feels like it is all coming together again. I am now trying things not b/c I have to - or need to - or should - but because I just want to.

Life has its normal ups and downs. That being said - I now have a life where I feel alive again.

take care,
AG

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi Friends:

I really like my gym. \:\) There is enough variety of stuff where it will be awhile before I get bored. I spent 15 minutes in the steam room - I slept very deeply and feel very rested.

At work, there were several time I hesitated before I went for the brass ring. And when I was ready - I went for it and gave it my all I did and it worked out for me beyond my wildest expecations. Of course work is work - so it will never be stress free - but it is somewhat contained now. At least to where I no longer feel guilty getting a life.

I want to do the same with respect to my appearance. I have spent my entire life having it be a side thing. I want to go for the brass ring. I am active and average by my own standards when it comes to being in shape. I want to go for the brass ring. I have the time and opportunity to do that now.

I am happy with where The Block is right now. There really is nothing more I can do at my end until I meet someone that intrigues me. I am no longer spending all my time in the hermit habitat - I am getting out a lot more. Even Teri Hatcher went through a 5 year bout of celibacy! LOL! I am not alone.

A friend called to tell me that The Resort issued her a credit for 4 free days at the location of her choice b/c of the two hurricanes! I haven't received my letter yet - but that means there ill be another vacation in the works! I want to research another location - their only other all adult resort is in Turkey - we'll see. \:\)

I am a little slower than most. And I had a few more issues than most. But I feel like I am at a point where I had worked through the biggies. I also feel like I have achieved some semblemce of balance. Now it is time to live.

Life is good!

take care,
AG

EDITED - Disrespectful and mean-spirited. You must comply with the DivorceBusting.com Board Rules if you would like to continue the privilege of posting here.

Last edited by dbmod; 09/29/08 02:36 PM.
P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Barbara:

As you have pointed out - we have very little if anything in common.

Please do not post to me again.

AG

EDITED - Disrespectful and mean-spirited. You must comply with the DivorceBusting.com Board Rules if you would like to continue the privilege of posting here.

Last edited by dbmod; 09/29/08 02:37 PM.
B
B

Last edited by dbmod; 09/29/08 02:38 PM.
P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Yes Bighand, you may be included.

Please do not post to me again.

AG

B
B

Last edited by dbmod; 09/29/08 02:38 PM.
F
fig Offline
F
AG if you keep asking people not to post to you

then what are you posting for???

not even trying to be snarky

really just wondering

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard