Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1606320 09/28/08 10:33 PM
BethM Offline OP
OP Offline
Happy Sunday!

Hope everyone had a great weekend because here it comes again...MONDAY..ugh! I'm hoping that this week will be a better one at work and that everyone is satisfied with the bail out (please let us have one!)

I had a fun weekend. Friday I just stayed in with a couple of girlfriends and 2 bottles of wine to watch the debate. Oh and I made a chicken pesto pizza for us. It was delicioso!

Yesterday I work in the yard pretty much all day long (except for my call with Lis). Last night I went over to a friends house where we played Rock Band until 2 in the morning. So much fun!

So today I'm tired and I'm sore and tomorrow I start a new dance class. Not exactly a recipe for success. I'll make it through. I don't have any other choice since I couldn't get out of it if I tried.

Oh I almost forgot. Last week my son called to tell me that his Dad's picture was in a fly fishing magazine. He must have googled him. So I looked it up and sure as shootin' there he was. He was standing there with a big proud smile on his face holding his fish. I hope his fish is keeping him warn at night!
He called (I'm sure to see if I received his check) but I didn't answer. I just may have been tempted to tell him a fish story!

Have a great week!

Love,
Bethie

L
L
OMG I love Rock Band.

YAY

I will have a Pinot Please.

Rainy here all weekend.

Somebody smells fishy. Parum pum

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
B
B
Hi, Bethie!!! Can I have a top shelf margarita?

H
H
Bethie,

I play rock band with the kids. They think it's great that I do.

As long as your X is happy, what the heck. But he knows he screwed up. So I guess it's semi-happy.

I'm off to work this week after 4 days in Vegas and will pay for that.

Please, don't tell any fish stories. Best to let those phone calls pass. Have a good week Bethie.

N
N
Hi, Bethie,

I'll have a little Eiswein, to go with the apple slices I'm having for dessert right now.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
K
K
Hey Bethie!

Just glad your here \:\)

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

G
G
Hey Ms. Beth..

Happy not quite Monday. I hope you enjoy the last vestiges of the weekend. I'm taking notes on how to have more aspects of life based on how you do it.

Right now I just walk around the house singing.. I don't know what.. but it's melodic!

*hugs*

Hi Bethie!! Any wine around here to share? Oh yeah...go lite on the serving cause I got work too in the morning. For some odd reason, they think I need to have my brain cells working first thing tomorrow.

Bailout...ugh!!! I'm dreading this cause Lehman Bros. was an investor in our company and guess who's holding employee stocks? Mois. Good grief...all I can hope is that folks like you and these financial folks can find a way through or out of it.

Any left over chicken pesto pizza? Ummmm sounds good.....was eating on the run most the weekend.

K
K
Hey, Beth!!! I thought the last debate was pretty much a tie, but I really can't wait until the VP debate. That's going to be fun I think!!! \:\) Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
Hi there Beth, been thinking of you. This should be a better week but no less busy than the last 10 for you. Certainly high entertainment value watching Wall Street try to put itself out of business. I have no, and I mean less than zero, respect for what they did. They should all end up washing dishes which would be good for them.

Glad you are well. I had dinner this evening with the sister of my X and her son and his wife and SIL's new beau. That was interesting and fun. I am still friends with my SIL. Her husband died suddenly a couple years ago, they were a wonderful happy couple and he was a wonderful person and they both helped me through my difficulties. Hard to describe how much they helped. It was devastating to the entire extended family when he died. But she has made a new life and I am so happy for her.

The interesting thing is that as horrible as it was for her, she was able to make a new life in less than half the time it took many of us to even be divorced. I would like to talk to her about this some time. But the point is it was so final. As much as we loved him he is gone, and he left loving his wife and children and we can always respect him and love him back. And she can enjoy the company of someone else now and is open to it.

I guess I'm trying to say that being abandoned by choice is different. Or something along those lines. It takes longer for the person to go away, no doubt about that:) All is well here, just up late. Wonder

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard