Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
K
K
Hahaha thought for a min there Jill, you like to sit there and try to guess what people on tv were saying by reading their lips

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

H
H
Jill,

Daughters are that way with their fathers. But they know the truth and they still love their mom. So don't worry about that. No matter what, your daughter is her mom's daughter. Let her do what she needs to do. Eventually, you will have flowers on her birthday, a comrade in arms for all other things, and a confidante when her dad lets her down.

It's tough to go through her stupid dad's stuff. Smile through the anger. If you allow her to love her dad, she will love you that much more. I promise this to be true. I actually lived this and have this in my life. Eventually, our girls understand this better than if we actually say it to them. We have to allow them to understand it for themselves. That's how we girls are.

K
K
Isnt Happy the best?? \:\)

This Moment is your Life

qoe100 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: HappyToday
Jill,

Daughters are that way with their fathers. But they know the truth and they still love their mom. So don't worry about that. No matter what, your daughter is her mom's daughter. Let her do what she needs to do. Eventually, you will have flowers on her birthday, a comrade in arms for all other things, and a confidante when her dad lets her down.

It's tough to go through her stupid dad's stuff. Smile through the anger. If you allow her to love her dad, she will love you that much more. I promise this to be true. I actually lived this and have this in my life. Eventually, our girls understand this better than if we actually say it to them. We have to allow them to understand it for themselves. That's how we girls are.

Happy, thank you for this. Our R has always been so easy and fun. The last year has been difficult, to say the least. We've always been confidants and best friends and I miss that R with her. I told K & SE that she was the easiest kid in the world to raise. Never gave me a second of worry. Regardless, I do know that she loves and respects me. Gosh, this sure makes me think of some difficult times with my mom!!!

qoe100 Offline OP
OP Offline
I meant......confidantes....like Dogma said, lately, I can't spell worth a darn!!!

I also wanted to say that I will be weening myself away from this board. I think once we get to this stage, we don't require a lot of help/advice from the moderators. Most of our time here is when something unexpected crops up in our lives and we need input from our friends and others that post here.

Like most of you, at one time this board was a life saver for me. Most everyone was going through the same thing I was and it was so important to know that "it wasn't me." I want to thank everyone here that has added value and, especially, laughter to my life in so many ways. You know who you are. Thank you for helping me at a critical time in my life and thank you for becoming such wonderful friends. I love you bunches!!!!

Hopefully, this will be my last thread. Unless..........I get married and divorced again!!!! ;\)

Last edited by qoe100; 09/27/08 01:51 PM.
Hi Jilly,

Why does X want to re-negotiate the settlement? Is it to come up with a reasonable plan for you to get your money? ;\)

I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to talk to him in person. I just do so much better for myself if I don't have to see or talk to X. But on the kid issue it is a little different.
Quote:
.I said that anytime he wanted to discuss issues with our D, I'd speak with him as long as it stayed on track. We did discuss some things regarding D and it was OK.

Good for you for setting boundaries and insisting it stay on track! One reason I don't even like to talk to X is because he gets very inappropriate as soon as he can. The man has big issues with boundaries. Insisting that the convo stay on point is a good idea.

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

qoe100 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Survival_Goddess
Why does X want to re-negotiate the settlement? Is it to come up with a reasonable plan for you to get your money? ;\)

Uh, noooooooo...... I'm sure he thinks he can charm me to take nothing or at least attempt to guilt me into taking a lot less than he owes. Thing is, I have no desire to see or talk to him. It gives me very unpleasant/icky feelings that I can't even really describe. I'm over being mad at him and he really doesn't even generate any type of reaction from me. I have forgiven him and I've taken my share of the blame in the demise of our M. I honestly feel nothing.....

Good news is that things with my D has improved immensely since our court date. I don't know if it's relief (for her) that it's over or if it determined the truth for her. Either way, I'm back to getting several phone calls a day, loving email msgs, etc.

This is terrific news!
Quote:
Good news is that things with my D has improved immensely since our court date. I don't know if it's relief (for her) that it's over or if it determined the truth for her. Either way, I'm back to getting several phone calls a day, loving email msgs, etc.

Go mom!

I know how you feel about your X (I think). I have several GFs who are in my Divorce group and they are still very angry or very heartsick over their X's. I have to admit it feels a lot better to be past that!

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

K
K
I'm so glad J!!
seeee knew that lil K wouldnt be able to stay away from moomy too long \:\)

This Moment is your Life

Hey Jillybean........

Glad things are straightened out with you and K. I can't say I blame you for never wanting to speak to the tool again. I know that feeling. Until my girls are done with school I still have to have some level of contact. I just control it to fit my mood. If he calls and I don't want to talk I just don't answer the phone. Works for me!

I hope that you can come to an agreement that you can live with and put this whole mess behind you!

Love,
Bethie

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard