Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
S
Hi AG,
Quote:
I am off to write nonsensical things about things that really don't matter - but someone is willing to pay me to write.

LMAO! The best description of patents that I have ever heard.

Glad you are getting your PMA back.

SD

Me 41
W 41
Kids: S9 S7
Married 16 years
Bomb dropped 2/2/07
Still living together!
current thread
P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: SuperDad

Quote:
I am off to write nonsensical things about things that really don't matter - but someone is willing to pay me to write.

LMAO! The best description of patents that I have ever heard.

Glad you are getting your PMA back.

Well - SD - now I really feel motivated to work! :-)

I think you are suppose to disagree with me and tell me about how patents encourage innovation and all that good stuff so I feel empowered and work b/c I feel that not writing would deprive society of a much needed and valued service!

Why is it so much easier to write my nonsense here than at work? :-0

take care,
AG

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi Friends:

Life is good. I am taking it a little less seriously. And I am lowering my expectations of myself.

I will confess that I did keep busy for 5 years post-D. Part of it was career growth and perhaps part of it was burying myself in something/anything to feel like my life had direction again.

And I managed to beautifully avoid single men or apply an R (avoidance) rule to anyone that happened to be available. Lately I have been feeling a desire to date - to have a little fun. I am a little bummed that there is this really fun fundraiser coming up for the humane society - and I would love to go with a date - but really have no idea where to find one. That was not a problem the last time I was single. This is a change for me - for a long time I just didn't want to date.

And I know a big part of the problem is living in the most married suburb of its size in the country - yes that is US census data. It is routine ranked as the best place to raise kids, best place to retire - but NOT the best place to be single.

And I am not into Internet dating - I know it works for a lot of people - but that is just not me.

Sometimes I think my requirements are too high. I want someone that is physically attractive to me. And I need someone that engages me and challenges me - usually I am the one that is always engaging other people - at work or when I go out. And I am into the power couple thing. There are challenges - but the pros outweigh the cons.

I know the cougar thing is in now. But I do not want someone much younger. I know my C tried to pry my dating block open by not allowing me to run away from young TJ man. He is sweet - but he is a boy. He simply does not have the life experience of someone that is older. I haven't talked to my C in months - I will have to call him to tell him he is wrong! I am just kidding - I know what he was trying to do - he forbid me to run away unless I got to know enough about young TJ man to make a decision. He wants me to not jump ahead to an LTR in my head and give a man a chance instead of deciding all the reasons why he is all wrong in my head by myself and walking away. All this became clearer to me during discussions on this BB and discussions during my huricanne vacation...

Life is good! I feel like I am in a place in my life where I can open myself to taking a risk when it comes to men. This is not like a M where so much of your life goes into disarray when it ends. The worst that can happen is that I will get hurt, post a whole bunch of "what is wrong with me posts" and eat lots of ice cream - and then move on....

I cannot see a path yet with respect to dating... I can see a goalpost in the fog - as in I want to date again. I would like a little romance and fun in my life. I want to do that happy dance when someone I am interested in asks me out - or someone I ask out says yes. I think I will start by being asked out - that whole part of working up the nerve to ask someone out is very stressful! No idea how men do this all the time!

take care,
AG

L
L
don't go too overboard on all this AG - it'll happen when it happens.

thanks for sharing the details of you and X with me. It helps to hear the specifics of what others went through.

lodo

Divorced: 10/26/08
P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Quote:
don't go too overboard on all this AG - it'll happen when it happens.

It is all mindset at this point... All the social events I have attended have been within my suburb. This includes the fundraiser, Williams Sonoma, the volunteer stuff... It really is known at the most married suburb in the Chicagoland area...and the country...

To implement - I am going to have to venture outside of my city...

Besides have you noticed that there is no mention of volunteering at the food place this weekend... GF is not going - well I am certainly not going alone - there might be possible single guy that heads the thing there! LOL!

take care,
AG

AG,

I've not been around much. But I've read some of your recent posts and something struck me out of the blue like one huge lightning bolt. Do you ever not plan every darn detail of your life and not worry about it? Do you ever just let yourself be in the moment and let it lead you?

You've been posting nearly obssessively about dating and Rs now for as long as I can remember but you dare not take the dive for this reason or that reason...all some highly constructed bit of logic. You know... Spock was that way. Is this really living to your fullest?

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
keyzblew:

We have not had the kind of rapport where we have been able to engage in a constructive and free exchange of ideas in quite some time.

I myself have refrained from commenting on any of your posts detailing your choices for years now. I hope you will consider extending the same courtesy to me.

I do wish you the best of luck with your life.

Warmest regards,
AG

AG,

It was just an honest question. Seems to me I only come around every now and again to pop in if you check my history and have been keeping away from here because of some of the behaviors I do witness around here. I simply asked a question based on an honest observation. You have been free to comment as you wish or not.

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi Friends:

I was taking out the trash last night when Kitty Kat and Picasso looked at me with those huge eyes - ready to go for a walk! So we went for a walk last night. Media (aka Pi) decided to pass on the walk - she was probably off hunting rabbits somewhere. It was a beautiful fall evening - glad the cats got me out of the house. \:\) They really are so cute.

I received my gym membership in the mail and joined yesterday. So today at lunchtime - no more going out for lunch to get out of the house. I will go to the gym. \:\)

They have a really nice pool - with a waterfall thingy. I love water. I am going swimming today. \:D Since I did that silly missing a step again - I am still a little sore. I may start out slow and do the circuit training. And they have a steam room and a dry sauna! I will be spending some time in probably steam room today!

I am still have a few more pounds to go before I am back to the weight I was when I commuted downtown for work. This working from home thing - well those pounds sneak up on you!

This weekend - I am adding volunteering at the food pantry again. Williams Sonoma called to remind me about my class this weekend - turns out they use no alcohol during the cocktail mixology class! \:o There is a latin cocktail mixology class in downtown Chicago - may be have to sign up for that one too... That class is not free so they will use alcohol.

As for dating - I will continue to put myself out there. And there is always word of mouth and friends of friends. Perhaps my standards are too high... However - people thought I was a little nutty in the way I started my own business - and how selective I was about accepting clients - but it worked for me.

I am thinking about throwing a party in November... I have a nice circle of friends in my neighborhood now - took some trying and lots of going to different types of social events. I am glad I made the effort. I really knew no one when I worked downtown - was always busy working back then...

All in life is good! There are few sounds as beautiful as the sounds of someone else mowing your lawn! Well - perhaps someone else cleaning your house - I am going to set that up this fall.

I think I am slowly approaching a balance in my life - one that includes GAL!

take care,
AG

L
L
Hey AG, I'm assuming KK and Picasso are cats - do you walk with them? I used to go for 5-6 mile hikes with my cats when I lived in the SW. Out here there are too many people & dogs, so I don't do that anymore.

Hope you had fun at the gym. Personally, I like to be outside, even if it's raining or snowing. I run and swim. Swimming is the worst in the winter because the pools are all outdoors here. There have been days when a winter storm moves in and I have to keep doing laps until the sleet stops so I can run to the locker rooms and not freeze my patootie off! And I bike into work and back - keep feeling like I should do a triathlon since I'm already doing one every few days!

Cocktail class sounds fun, but then you'd have to have a stocked bar. I'm leaning more towards wine-tasting. There are a bunch of meetups so once the quarter settles down I'll probably attend one of those. Small steps, right?

I disagree with the sound of mowing. Out here, the sound of lawnmowers and leaf-blowers can become overwhelming. Give me the gentle solitude of silence! \:\)

hope your weekend is good! I have to finish my paper on the candidates' positions on nuclear energy - now my research is out of date. blehhh.

lodo

Divorced: 10/26/08
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard