Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
fig #1604928 09/26/08 07:50 PM
W
W
Thuggy,
"SING ON SWEET SOUL SISTA!" I had to exclaim that because as I was reading your rant, I heard bellowing Soul Gospel music thumping with each word. I am not going to elaborate much on this because I have had my own fingers and lips clipped in the past when I allowed some thoughts out that shouldn't have been but I do want say something..
Quote:
I am just frustrated and tired of feeling small

so

i am making my voice loud

I understand the feelings of frustration but YOU feeling small? Thuggy, you rock! and your rantings and ravings bring somewhat crystal clear musings of the late Sam Kinison. You are anything but small , voice or not. You gave me a snicker with the Ambercrombie reference and gagging perfume. I hope your never find a "happy medium" because you and BH rise to the top each and every day with me...I am #1 on your fan club...which brings up the fact...I still haven't received my commerative Thuggy and BH dinnerware set just yet....I am still waiting...
Shrug off the clowns, the blood sugar and DR's and they're insipid way of catergorizing weight....I gotta go... my recently tailored suit by some fingerless child is waiting for me at the post office but keep riding, keep chiding and keep grinning...peace

F
fig Offline OP
OP Offline
F
WHAPU

you make me laugh

and

today...that was a difficult task

i was covered in chocolate and whipped cream and peanuts
what i do for school spirit i tell you

i am literally blinking chocolate syrup out of my eyes as we speak

off to the football game

and

then i get to chaperone the dance

woot woot

blech

fig #1604953 09/26/08 08:25 PM
K
K
Mmmm Figgy i want to LICK you for real now lol

Good for you, your a SUER DUPER teacher!! yeah your school!!

have fun at the dance, it may be fun ya never know

and i agree w/ your "rant" tis true, tis so very true

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

OMG, you are all making me laugh!!! Figgy, yes, we've been frustrated down to our last nerve but it will get better.

You have the craziest sense of humor of anyone I've ever known and it'll get you through every time. You really ought to work up an act and start hitting the comedy clubs cuz you'd be a sensation!!!

Besides.......we have alternatives, ya know...... ;\)

B
B
Alternatives? Really? Noooooooo!

She looked hilarious wearing that stuff, with a banana in her mouth. It was funny. One of her fellow teachers was not quite as amused. And, it's awful handy living less than 1/2 a block from the school.

The dance sure does sound lame tonight, though.

L
L
uhhh .... you sound like a walking banana split! Do they really want you to chaperone?!

I know KarenMarieS agrees with your rant ... I'm going to somewhat respectfully disagree, but I'll tell you why. Perhaps I misunderstood it - it's couched in what seems like many inside jokes. I haven't been here that long - just under a year. Since I've moved to Survivors, I've gotten some great advice and I really appreciate it. It's helped tremendously.

I've also read a lot of complaints about how great things used to be and how crappy it is now. That may be true, but I don't know that. No offense, but some come across as the crotchety old man up the street.

To be honest, there have been times when I'm not sure what I would have done without the understanding and advice from other folks on this BB. Maybe some of the old-timers think it's crappy, or that one person is posting ridiculous things, but for newcomers it's still a lifeline, and a place that predominantly offers support no matter who you are.

Democracies are wonderful, aren't they? All of us are dumber than one of us. We'll never agree. But we have the freedom to not agree. Thanks for continuing to post advice, it is most appreciated. I understand your frustration - hello, MWD, SG, haven't you heard of web 2.0?!! The rest of the world has left you in the DUST!! We're all going onto FB now, where personal messages are allowed!!! - but I think you should balance that personal frustration with the value of the support and help that's being given. Sure, individuals can be frustrating. But what's the point in letting that get to you? It's the nature of dialogue to tend towards argument, it's the skill that prevents you from a fight.

I don't have the experience of you guys - just an uninformed impression of someone stumbling through the threads while he tries to make sense of his own sitch. Just thought, in the nature of participation, I'd give my own $.02.

take care - thanks for posting to me. lodo

Divorced: 10/26/08
lodo #1605176 09/27/08 02:31 AM
K
K
lodo
I understand that you dont understand, and its something I sure do not want to bring up , maybe someone else will

If someone tho, who didnt know you, didnt know you from Adam- took what you hold very dear to your heart , lets say your role as a father, not sure if you are or not, and disrespected it, for what reason you have no idea. Jealousy, bitterness, ignorance, all of the above, and ripped apart everything that mean a lot to you, heritage, religion, name called you because the courts/ the law allowed you to collect spousal support and belittled you, Well, lets just say , you would get fed up w/ so called person too.

Be warned.
take care
sorry for hijack chocolate covered Figgy \:\)

This Moment is your Life

F
fig Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Hi-jack away

and
the dance was lame until they made me dance

so i made them play 50cent

i am the biggest bit of flava up in here since ...well...ever i guess

lodo
its ok to disagree...i understand completely and sometimes i feel like a crotchity old woman like my grandma's neighbor Viola, God rest ehr soul, who used to scream at me from across the street...don't you even THINK of coming over her and stepping in my flowers. I was like 4 and not allowed to cross the street but she would wave her rake or whatnot at me all the time

as a little kid i wanted to stick my tongue out at her
but my grandma would have whacked me with a broom

i digress

i am totally cool and ok with people disagreeing
i think it is healthy that we all can have different opinions

what i take issues with
are
the people who believe there opinion is the RIGHT opinion, not just for them but for the universe

those kind of megalomanics who believe the world revolves around then

i take issue with people who lie about their experiences and their life and portray themselves as someone they are not

i take issue with people who come to a help board and freak out when someone questions what they are doing and then just says don't post to me

i mean
if you believe something
you should be fine with people who don't agree
you should be ok with answering

i am just tired of people who are on a help board but don't seem to want to help themselves, just everyone else.

they spout the retoric but there are no balls to the wall
you know

i don't like not being able to come the defense of a friend

i don't like the favoritism that plays itself out

back in the day
we fought hard to improve ourselves
and by hard
i mean
hard

we took the DB principles to heart and worked on ourselves

the trip from newcomers to survivng took awhile
we weren't dating before the ink was dry
we weren't fixing outselves for anyone other than us
(at least the little group i was with)

i don't know
maybe it is disenchantement
disappointment
all those other dis words

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

and
i smell like sweat
because my milkshake is better than yours
and
i shook my moneymaker

and
shocked my students
and
made them laugh

and
now i am tired

and
i am still blinking syrup out of my eyes

blech

fig #1605311 09/27/08 06:02 AM
K
K
Quote:
sometimes i feel like a crotchity old woman like my grandma's neighbor Viola, God rest ehr soul, who used to scream at me from across the street...don't you even THINK of coming over her and stepping in my flowers. I was like 4 and not allowed to cross the street but she would wave her rake or whatnot at me all the time

\:D
when you tell a story I just see it so clearly in my minds eye.

This Moment is your Life

fig #1605341 09/27/08 10:56 AM
I'm going to blunt here. It's a specific individual that has a lot of people in a snit. She's insulted "most women" in one way or another. Pull up some of her previous threads and you'll get the gist. The "Peach Tree" thread is a doozy where she went completely bonkers!!! Others have long ago been deleted. But I digress.....

She's very opinionated and if you disagree or challenge her you're "respectfully asked not to post to her." Some of the women here are not allowed to post to her at this point. If you'll notice, she mostly posts to men. She's droned on for years about politics, humongo client, her ethnic superiority, her very important (yet mind numbingly boring) work, adoption, her education (paid for by very tolerant parents), etc. Now, it's about having a R. She's wanted a R, despite the fact she claims she doesn't, for years and still hasn't even had a date. She's insulted SAHMs, women that collect alimoney, religion, people who are not affiliated with the same political party, people who are not as educated as she is and on and on. This has all taken place over the years.

She's very good to the "newbies" that join this forum because they're the only ones who will talk to her. In time, they'll be asked not to post to her either if they dare have the audacity to challenge her thoughts. For the most part, she blogs here about every detail of her life. She's been asked not to by the moderators, yet continues.

So, there it is, out in the open.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard