Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Your more then good - your the best!

Gigi

"It's not what happens to you, it's what you make of it." Zig Ziglar
OP Offline
I haven't talked to my sweetie much since I've been on the road, that time difference really messes things up! But I'm sure he'd want to say HI.

Yeah, x's having new families - they did such a good job the first time they have to do it again!!

Gigi

OP Offline
Thank you for the congrats from everyone. It hasn't been easy. I've been working full time and taking classes at the rate equal to a full time student. But it's already paying off. The company I work for is owned by this massive company on the NYSE. Once I have the piece of paper, I'm feeling there could be a long term career with them.

I never thought I'd ever have to build a career and support myself but here I am! I went from being a pampered wife who only worked because I felt like having a challenge. I spent more time as a volunteer than anything else. It's strange how live throws all these twists and turns at you. You have to be prepared for anything.

Gigi

Gigi

OP Offline
GO Yankees! Well, we now know your a true fan rather than just one who jumps on the band wagon.

Oh yeah, Thanks for your manager - the Dodgers are now the ones in the playoffs aren't they!!

Gigi

(
(
Hi Gigi!

It's great to hear from you. I just saw your thread now or I would have responded earlier.

Congratulations on your graduation. I know it hasn't been easy for you. But you've definitely earned it.

I'm glad that things are working out for you and Rob. You guys are one of the nicest couples that I know. Say hi to him for me, ok? D & I are actually coming to LA for one of our quickie visits on Oct 10-13. I'm bringing Melanie with me. I don't know if you remember her or not, but she's 17 already! I can't believe that your Alex is 20. Wow! Time goes by so quickly.

Please say hi to Alex and Laura for me. Take care and keep in touch.

Leenie

P
P
Hi MSF:

Sounds like all the things in your life are going so well. I am happy for you. You really do deserve it.

I suppose the only challenge is exorcising your X from your head. I cannot imagine his mistress being able to compare with you. He married a child and had a child with a child. You are such an intelligent and together woman - I am quite sure he misses an R with an adult - and if he were able to allow his brain to go there - I think he would miss you. He is so far into that ridiculous R - he is now stuck. I don't think he can even allow himself to think about what he walked away from and his life with you.

I hope you are at a point where you can believe in your heart that this was not about you.

And that change in life's infrastructure part is tough. That one was tough for me. That is probably why I haven't dated - i am afraid of another R destroying this infrastructure that I have rebuilt. Sometimes I think if you delay dating for too long - perhaps I have started harboring some unrealistic expectations...

I am just guessing at reasons why your X is still in your head - hoping one of them makes you feel better.

I still have my own firm. I love the independence. But also struggle with the lack of a predictable salary. I am getting better at trying to turn off the work stress so I can focus on getting more of a life.

Quote:
By the way I still have my baby blue Tbird!

I will probably be in CA sometime in February - I want a ride! I still have fond memories of our last photo-shoot with that car you rented when you were here.

Take care of yourself MSF. You deserve the best that life has to offer.

take care,
AG

OMG!!! Gigi \:\) I almost missed this post. I am so happy for you....congrats on the degree!!! How's R2??? I will never, ever forget him driving cross country and breaking down....that seems like a lifetime ago. That weekend was pretty memorable.

Hey...better your ex than us changing diapers at this time in life, no? I almost never really think of the ex any longer. Some of the stories I hear about him make me just want to scratch my head and think "dufus!!"

Life is absolutely dandy here. I moved into the Columbus area about a year ago for a number of reasons and am in one wonderful R. Not married, not considering at this time because of the distance. (He's still in Dayton...you know that pesky little thing called employment.) My eldest just graduated with her PhD and is teaching at UNLV, another just graduated with her BFA, one left in college, another still sort of figuring life out.

OP Offline
L - If you two are going to be in town then we certainly want to work out a fast visit. Maybe we can just meet up for a meal or something. Can't believe your D is 17! Time does fly!

Gigi

OP Offline
Wow what a great job you have done giving your kids the educational foundation they need! You should be very very proud of that.

My kids on the other hand don't seem to want that. D28 is still three classes short of her BA. She continues to take classes on line here and there but isn't really motivated. S23 dropped out of the AA program he was in. Is one class, yes I said one class, short of an AA in pre engineering. He is certified as a BMW mechanic and as an Audi mechanic but instead of the dealerships is working at some neighborhood garage part time. He says that's all he wants in life so I keep my opinions to myself. S20 is dropping out of school in January to work full time. I'm hopping the experience will teach him how tough life really is. We'll see!

Gigi

Gigi...your kids sound like they're just normal kids. Your D married, right? That might throw things off track for a bit for her maybe. When you're as young as they are, and I was there myself for a long time--heh, went to college while raising kids/married--it's really hard to "know" who you are and what you really want. Just a crapshoot at times it seems for them.

My 3rd D is still out there, sort of figuring things out as she goes too. Dropped out of school, moved around a bit, etc. She's sort of in a streak where she's not talking to me right now...not sure what that's about yet but eventually we'll figure out I suppose.

School for my kids I think was a refuge from all the craziness. They all went away for school except D3. So who knows about what foundation they have except for education LOL. I sort of worry that school was too big of an emphasis and whether they can really "deal" with the real world, particularly the oldest who would shove her nose in books and retreat at times. Not that's a bad thing...it's good she's studious (sp?), but it goes back to the idea of book learning vs. real-life experience too.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods...I swore last night I was staying away from here, but I noticed this as I was logging off and had to wiz by to say HI \:\) Keep in touch....I lost your email/Rob's email a long time ago with some computer problems. I'll stumble across it though another way.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard