Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1602727 09/25/08 01:41 AM
OP Offline
I haven't been a regular poster in three years maybe four but here I am on a long business trip and feeling lonely. Thought I would check in on all my old friends.

So how is life four years after your divorce is final? Better but still not over everything. I sill think of the hurt each and every day. Doesn't matter that I'm engaged and very much in love. I still have the hurt to live with. Some days I'll be driving home and think "Wow I didn't think of the X all day today". Then it dawns on me that I just did! Darn it!

Well I'm still moving forward but holding off on the wedding until I feel more ready. I don't want to mess this new life up.

On the pat me on the back side of things - some of you may remember that I went back to college a few years back. I graduate on March 30...yeah me!

On the isn't that funny side of things - my x is now 53 years old and his wife (she'll always be the mistress to me) just had a baby! So at 53 he's back to changing diapers! Man that is something I would not want to do.

Gigi

"It's not what happens to you, it's what you make of it." Zig Ziglar
Yo little lady!

Longtime no talkie..ha! Congrats on the degree.

Hey if something happens to her will you step in as the wicked Mother?

xoxoxoxo

WOW, I can't believe you got your degree!!! It seems like just last week you started back to school!!! YAY YOU!!!

We miss you and your wonderful stories and sense of humor around here. Don't be a stranger, OK?

P
P
Hi MSF:

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! I am so happy for you. How are your kids doing? How is your fiancee doing?

I am so sorry to hear that you are still hurting... Your x doesn't even deserve you thinking of him.

I have no answers for you. Other than that disaster of a first post D relationship - I haven't even dated in 5 years - so clearly I am no expert...

You deserve the very best in life. I hope you can find a way to make the hurt go away...

take care,
AG (almostgone, Nish)

Hey G!!!!

Am I good or am I good??

Hey Gigi,

Congrats on your upcoming graduation! That is just awesome.

Quote:
On the isn't that funny side of things - my x is now 53 years old and his wife (she'll always be the mistress to me) just had a baby! So at 53 he's back to changing diapers! Man that is something I would not want to do.

What is up with these guys? My X, three days after our youngest graduated, announced to the world that he and his new little wifey are having not one but two babies by the end of the year. I just sit back and laugh knowing he is seriously freaking out about it all.

Take care and tell Rob I said Hiya.

~ swl

Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear. {Henry Wadsworth Longfellow}
K
K
Hey GG!!

Congrats on your grad! way to go girly!

Hey my son was in your home state this last weekend, he had a blast! and his dad got to play 23 yr old w/ him, which he does well! lol

Hope you and the kids and R are doing well Don't know about you but I am ready for this heat to go away!!

Keep in touch!!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

S
S
Hey Gigi! Long time no hear lol.

I'm happy that things are going well for you. As for the ex. well we won't ever be able to forget what they did. I tell mine, "I'll get past what you did but I'll never get over it." And it's so very true for me.

Congrats on your soon to be graduation! I know you must be really proud of yourself and I'm sure R is too.

Stick around and let us know what's going on with you guys...we miss you!

SE
GO YANKEES!!! Ok, just had to say it lol.

I ain't Miz Representin'!!
OP Offline
q - I promise to be around from time to time. Besides aren't all you guys going to come out for the wedding? When that wedding will be is the question! ;\)

Gigi

OP Offline
AG,

The kids are good. My D28 and her husband had their first baby last year. She's a real sweetie.

S23 how was living in Baltimore is now back in Boston. Shares an apartment with a bunch of single guys - working three part time jobs and just enjoying life. Not what I would have hoped for him but he seems happy.

S20 (yep the little guy is all grown up now) is madly in love and wants to get married. Problem is he can't even figure out how to pay me room and board much less afford to get married! He's in for a real reality check - soon!

R is really good. We have our ups and downs just like any other couple but you work them out and move on. We love each other very much, support each other in all we do and support each other still working on our divorce recoveries.

So how are you? I looked up some of your thread and see that things are going well. Are you still working on your own or are you back with a firm?

Five years no dates!! Wow has it really been that long? Time really flies by doesn't it!

By the way I still have my baby blue Tbird!

Gigi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard