Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
F
fig Offline
F
maybe a little ;\)

T
T
Hehehe! Seems to be rampant around here.

A
A
Happy Friday Bethie!

ALL "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
BethM Offline OP
OP Offline
Happy Friday to you as well ALL! I love Fridays cause that means football is just around the corner and I plan on overdosing in it this weekend!

fig, BH & Trip.......you kids have been very naughty and you've done it all without me! I'm so proud of you all!

Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!

I plan on enjoying my downtime this weekend. I have to go tonight to listen to a group at a local coffee house/bar and Sunday night I have my dinner group, but other than that it's a me weekend. The next 2 I have family weekends for the girls, so they'll be busy with lots of driving back and forth ..ugh! Oh and to make life all the merrier I have to pay quarterlies this week.

My girlfriends son is a the starting Quarterback at Princeton and they play Dartmouth in November. This could also be a chance to see my big Bro since he went to Darmouth but I'm already taking 1 of my girls and going to Florida on Halloween weekend to see another friends son play football for Florida. I sure wish I was independently wealthy, it would make life a whole lot easier!

For the longest time my youngest was still writing out all of her forms as if her Dad and I were still married. This kind of shocked me the longer this went on, and when I asked her why, she got so upset and said that she didn't want to be different. The truth as well was that she didn't want to face it. Last night she told me that she put in the reservation for parents weekend as Ms EM. This was a first but I also think that it's a sign that she's more at peace. I used to think that I was so lucky that my kids were older and I wasn't left with 3 little ones running aorund, but older children do bring a whole other set of problems when there's a divorce. Especially a whole lot of hurt and anger at having to let go of the only life they've ever known.

I never did hear back from SIL, so I have no idea what the call was all about. I have no plans on calling her back to find out. As far as I'm concerned I don't owe any of them anything!

Have a great weekend!

Love,
Bethie

B
B
Great, as usual, Bethie.

Although, I don't know what you mean by "naughty". I'm the moral backbone of this place.

You know why your kids have learned to deal with this?

Because their mom set an incredible example. Just saying.

F
fig Offline
F
i love you bethie and i can't wait for you to come here so i can lick you
and give you purel
but lick you for sure

lets plana time and i will convicne lissie that it is vital for her to come and we can get ALL to come and
and
and
and

tonight there is a high school football game

we are going

and

i am wearing my lime green docs!!!

K
klm Offline
K
Hey Bethie,
How old is your daughter? I can empathize with her as I was 22 when I first learned of my parents problems. Before that, I had no clue. Everyone said I shouldn't be upset since I am older and should understand....I don't think being older makes it any easier on the kids. It rocks their world just the same. It took me a while to come to terms with it, and have only this year even begun to tell friends about their divorce....5 years later. Like your daughter, I didn't want to be different.

It does get easier though, it just takes time. I can say that seeing my mom happy and enjoying life has helped tremendously. Just as BH said, you have set an incredible example for them.

Kris
F
F
Hey Bethie,

I love this time of year too - football, fall weather, upcoming holidays... very nice. The dog days of summer have their own positives, but I'm looking forward to some great games this weekend too. Go Cal - beat Maryland!!!

You have a good read on your D. Probably a little of both, huh? Acceptance of herself, including being different from those with intact families. She's blessed to have such a deep Mom.

Hope you have fun!

- FL

God heals the broken-hearted (Psalm 147:3)

Me: 44
W: 40
Separated 8/2011

S12
SD14
SS12
SD10
I
I
heyya bethie... have a great weekend and enjoy the football!!! I wish I were watchin' with ya on sunday!!! You know how I LOOOOOOVE football season!

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
K
K
Hey Bethie

Happy Friday!

Hey, will you fly into Boston next week and take care of my baby ?? He may need his Auntie Bethie lol

Have a terrific ME weekend!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard