Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Cinco #1572725 08/27/08 07:51 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Cinco,

I like the name of the diet. Could use it on my marriage as well, as in "getting half as much honey-bun" as I would like...

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

3/13 - "I want to move to XYZ City (four hours away) and it might be without you, not sure"
5/13 - "Not sure I meant that"
C
C
No the ad phrase would be:

Half a honey bun gets you Double your honey's bum.

LOL \:D

Cinco #1573550 08/28/08 03:32 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Nice. I like it.

Yesterday was a good day. Worked out hard last night, my dinner was about 600 cals, including a huge heap of veggies. When W returned last night, I had wine waiting for us and we split a bottle (a great 2004 zin, btw), while catching up on the couch and I intentionally skipped the cheese.

This morning, 300 cals for breakfast.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

3/13 - "I want to move to XYZ City (four hours away) and it might be without you, not sure"
D
D
\:\)
Good for you CB~

I am doing well also and I hope I can keep this up.
When one gets busy it is so easy to shove needless calories in your mouth,
I am glad you are doing this too.
I want to get walks with the dog in more.
But after running all day and packing and running stuff to the new place. I feel tired at the end of the day.

I have a Chocolate Lab who has enough energy for 5 dogs~!

And he walks me.. I am only 5'4" and it feels like I am skiing more than walking. YUCK it is kinda embarrassing. I need to work on that and take him for walks...

~Ali

Delil@h #1573768 08/28/08 05:49 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Ali,

The dog idea is a great one. We live in a pretty spread out neighborhood around a golf course and a woman who lives on the other side walks her dogs through the whole thing twice a day, and at a pretty strong pace. At the beginning of summer, she had a pretty obvious pear shape and I have noticed lately that she has lost most of that and has really toned up below the waist. Not that I am going to stop and tell her that, but it is obvious to see.

I just went to lunch with some of my employees and had a salad with dressing on the side and grilled chicken. Filling and good.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

D
D
Quote:
Not that I am going to stop and tell her that, but it is obvious to see.

;\)
If it works for her... the cold winter is still?
HMMMMMMM?
12 weeks away...... I can do it too!

I think anyway.
Did good today on eating.... had Sushi, miso soup and seaweed salad for lunch. and then for dinner I had a chicken taco and hot and sour soup. and a Banana.
No I am not pregnant. I eat crazy stuff like that all the time.
~Ali

Delil@h #1575400 08/29/08 10:16 PM
C
OP Offline
C
211 this morning! I was really excited to see that and extra motivated to eat light for breakfast (300 Cals) and lunch (350 Cals plus 100 cal snack afternoon). This was despite being in Chicago for work, which usually meant a stop at Dunkin Donuts or at least Cold Stone. I did neither.

This weekend, we will be eating and drinking well, so I need to make other smart choices and really focus on exercising.

My next goal is to get under 210, then 205 will seem in reach.

We haven't ML for a week and my wife was out of town on business since Monday AM. Last night in bed I said "plan on sex tomorrow night" and she said "maybe". Since she gets her "monthly bill" tomorrow or Sunday and tonight is a Friday night, this answer got my blood boiling because it is a blow-off when she says that. Instead of arguing or getting pissy, I just said "I'm giving you 24 hours heads-up" and went to bed. Not sure what else to say at that moment. My guess is tonight she will try to not, and knows she is close to "running out the clock" and will try to.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

S
S
I guess I'm joining in. I'm finally getting serious again; I saw photos of myself. Sheesh.

I've been eating well this week for the most part, but today was the first chance I got to get into the gym and really put in some work. It felt great.

Recovering Sex-Starved Husband.
Delil@h #1576027 08/30/08 12:55 PM
B
B
Originally Posted By: Alimari
\:\)

I have a Chocolate Lab who has enough energy for 5 dogs~!

And he walks me.. I am only 5'4" and it feels like I am skiing more than walking. YUCK it is kinda embarrassing. I need to work on that and take him for walks...

~Ali

Ali- I wanted to jump in on this comment. As a foster care provider for homeless dogs (mainly lab crosses) and a mom to a chocolate lab.. they do have a TON of energy. They are much better behaved (if that is possible) when they are exercised daily. If your lab is walking you (which I know all about.. mine is almost Great Dane size in height & over a 100 lbs)

Get a collar called a 'gentle leader'. You can find them in petco or similar stores.

They wrap from the back of the neck behind the ears, around to the front over the nose in front of the eyes and the leash hooks under their chin.

When they pull on the leash the collar puts pressure on the back of their neck and stimulates a nerve there that 'causes' them to sumbit (like when their mom's pick them up by the scruff of the neck when they were puppies & they just hang there). They quickly (like within a block or two) elminate the pulling. It is not like a choke chain where you give a hard yank, you just provide gentle pressure (or they provide it for you when they pull against the leash).

Now a word of warning.. I have yet to meet a dog that likes to wear it initialy and they rub & rub & rub, with their paws, or with their head on the groudn, tryhing to get it off their nose, so when I use it on foster dogs for the first few times I put it on loosely for them to wear around the house. Within a few days of wearing it an hour or so, they accept it.

Good luck!
Bridge

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

http://tinyurl.com/ybqkan8 = Current Thread

Bridgestone #1578086 09/02/08 01:58 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Rough weekend for weight-loss. Went out to eat Saturday night, ad friends over Sunday night, and to cap it off, went to the in-laws for a birthday dinner Monday. Definitely back on the saddle today...

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard