Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
DanceQueen #1565383 08/21/08 12:21 AM
C
OP Offline
C
How's everyone else doing? Please post what you are doing to hit your goals as well.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

3/13 - "I want to move to XYZ City (four hours away) and it might be without you, not sure"
5/13 - "Not sure I meant that"
C
OP Offline
C
Bad choices last night. Went to a cocktail party and had 2.5 glasses of wine, when I easily could have had 1 and a diet coke.

Came home at 10 pm and had a full dinner of leftovers, when a small snack would have done the trick.

All in all, probably an extra 1,000 cals if you count everything, plus I didn't feel good all night.

Need to be smarter today!

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

3/13 - "I want to move to XYZ City (four hours away) and it might be without you, not sure"
C
OP Offline
C
212.5 this morning.

Went golfing with a client this morning and didn't "load up" on breakfast like I would have (300 cals) and only had a Gatorade all morning. No other snacks or beer after the round. After golf, we went to lunch and I had a diet coke and salad with grilled chicken on it, even though they have great burgers and fries.

Returned to the office and walked past the box of donuts from this morning, including my two favorite kinds. I want to hit 210 next Friday, so I am going to keep making good choices.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

C
OP Offline
C
BAD weekend for this! Weighed in at 216 this morning, and was really frustrated by being almost back to where I started.

This weekend, ate normal all day then went out for a big dinner Saturday. Sunday was a dietary nightmare! Ate a big breakfast, then we surprised the kids with a trip to Six Flags Great America. Pizza, snacks, and dinner on the way home ad Buffalo Wild Wings, added up to the most cals I have had in a day since I began this.

I am going to make sure I work out tonight and eat light for lunch. I need to get back down to 212 by this weekend. Even my pants feel snug again and I don't like it!

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

C
OP Offline
C
Yesterday was a great day. Made good decisions all day long and did a hard workout when I got home.

Weighed in this morning at 215. If I could drop .5-1 pound each day, I would blow away my goals. Need to exercise when I get home tonight and be smart over lunch and dinner.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

D
D
Quote:
Ali,

Good job on weight watchers. I almost did that as well. How do you like it? I would love it if you would post your weight loss updates on the thread I started and I am hoping others will as well.
CB

May I say?
I love Weight Watchers.
It can "go with you' wherever you want.
I basically eat healthy and make good choices but when I am on the run. Or my portion sizes?
Forget about it...
I love to eat~

I go to meetings and use their online program. It is only 40$ a month. I think well worth the headache you don't get of trying to count calories . etc etc etc

I weighed myself this am.
Dunno if the scale is broken or it is true.
I am down 5 lbs in one week.
And I feel great..
I even had Starbucks and a ice cream yesterday.
I was running errands for our business and moving stuff.
MY DAY~!
I had a Kashi granola bar for breakfast and a starbucks.
later I had a Pear
lunch?
When I ordered the crew their Burgers from TOMs drive in { my favorite , besides Culvers BTW~}
I got a cone. Small .. vanilla.
I went home and made this....
Asian noodles w/ egg and green beans

later I had Papaya

Dinner?
I duuno why but I was in the mood for a peanut butter and jelly.

One problem?

I can feel myself sabotaging myself some....
not good.
My hubby has no clue but he is being supportive.
We went to BWW the other day for lunch.
I had all I could do not to eat wings...
Spicy Garlic they are the best.
I had their chips and salsa instead and a Bloody Mary.
He didn't try to force me to eat the wings either...
he is usually great at sabotaging

I am doing great.
Thanks for the inspiration....

Ali

Delil@h #1572505 08/27/08 05:09 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Ali,

5 lbs is great! My wife is out of town on business for three days and after the kids went to bed, I was REALLY hungry and dying for ice cream. Instead I had a cup of granola cereal w/milk, which was about 250 cals. Not much better than a cup of ice cream, but I didn't feel as guilty I guess.

Today, 300 cals at breakfast and doing lunch in a few minutes. Need to exercise tonight after I pick up the kids. Need to make it a big exercise so I can have wine and cheese w/wife after she gets back tonight.

CB

Last edited by CharlieBrown; 08/27/08 05:10 PM.

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

C
C
Hey CB,

Next time you have a craving for ice cream at night try doing what DQ suggested in her earlier post. Get a glass of water instead, that's what my wife and I do at night after dinner. It gives you that full feeling but 0 cals.

Something about watching TV gives me what I call "snackitus". It's really hard to resist grabbing a beer and some pretzels or chips while sitting there on the couch.

Cinco

Cinco #1572636 08/27/08 06:31 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Cinco,

Thanks for the tip. DQs advice on this was really good and I have been doing that, plus drinking a glass before I sit down and eat a meal.

I did have 2 beers last night, but at least they were MGD Light 64, so they totaled 128 cals.

Went home for lunch and behaved. Can of soup and one piece of leftover frozen pizza. About 350-400 cals. And a big glass of water.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

C
C
OK CB,

Sounds like your a candidate for my patented half-a-honey-bun diet. The beauty of it is, it isn't as much a diet as a way to get yourself into eating less of the bad stuff. Actually the idea came from the eat one Big Mac instead of two guy.

• If there are doughnuts (honeybuns \:\) ) at the office, you don't pass them up you break one in half and eat just the half.
  • If you normally drink 2 beers in the evening, just drink one.
  • If you like 3 scoops of ice cream at night, do 1 or 1 & 1/2.
You get the idea... I lost about an inch on my waist (and the little spare tire starting) just doing this.

Cinco

Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard