Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Cinco #1557760 08/14/08 02:30 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Cinco,

That is a pretty funny story. I knew a guy who lost 25 pounds a few years ago and when I asked him about it he said he just stopped eating the crappy foods (chips, ice cream, etc.) he was eating and didn't do anything else differently.

For me, I think I need to respect my danger zones. One of my danger zones is the drive-through, especially a restaraunt we have in the Midwest called Culver's (a custard and hamburger place). While it is possible to drive through a Culver's and not get a shake, I always get one. I don't like the shakes at McDonald's, so I am ok there getting a Diet Coke. That alone saves about 800 calories. I am now just ordering grilled chicken sandwiches w/o mayo at McDs and that is only about 350 cals. Before I was ordering chicken select meals, w/fries. This change will save me about 900 cals. Just need to stay disciplined.

This morning I woke up and worked out. I have not worked out since last week and was really "creaky" and thought about staying in bed. Knowing I would be posting an update crossed my mind and got me out of bed.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

3/13 - "I want to move to XYZ City (four hours away) and it might be without you, not sure"
5/13 - "Not sure I meant that"
D
D
Good job, CB!!!

Um...I have to say this though (I am a mother, ie: sometimes kinda naggy)....

Really, just stay away from McKillerfood altogether. Yes the grilled chicken is less cals, but seriously, their food is toxic, ALL of it. If you simply remove them and Culver's from your diet altogether, that alone will cause you to lose some weight!

It would be much healthier to go get a REAL ice cream milkshake, all 1,000 calories of it, from a mom and pop diner, and truly enjoy every slurp of it...than it is to eat the poisoned toxic chicken sandwich. I know that may not make sense, but it is true. Natural foods with natural fats will always be healthier than processed foods and toxic chemicals. Calories are one thing that you can burn off, but the toxic residues from the junk foods will stay IN YOU no matter how many calories you burn.

But you are doing great, don't let me discourage you! I just had to say that about McKiller because they really should be avoided at all costs. Maybe twice per year you could eat there without being poisoned, but just avoiding it is best.

DQ

DanceQueen #1558058 08/14/08 06:32 PM
C
OP Offline
C
DQ,

Thanks for the encouragement, but I need to have at least one fast-food option available as I drive on the road A LOT with my job and eat in the car a lot en route. It is a lesser of evils issue.

BTW, I went home for lunch and ate a yogurt, banana, and can of Progresso soup. 400 cals, tops, and had a big glass of water first, thanks for the tip.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

3/13 - "I want to move to XYZ City (four hours away) and it might be without you, not sure"
D
D
Good job on lunch then CB!

Too bad you don't live in the Pacific NW where we have BURGERVILLE!

It is still fast food and drive through, but they use all natural, local and organic foods. Plus it tastes worlds above the "other" stuff.

However, if you have any Taco TIME in your area (not the Bell, but Taco Time), they use all fresh, local ingredients as well, some organics. You pay a higher price of course, but it is worth it and is still convenient.

DQ

DanceQueen #1558141 08/14/08 07:25 PM
C
OP Offline
C
DQ,

We don't, but I will look for it on the road.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

D
D

You are doing awesome.
I am actually going to join you even though I have been stressed it will help me to feel focused on something posisitve for me.
I have been busy also this week so no time for execise ~
I am first going to detox and then I am going to start a weight loss program . Most likely weight watchers. Even though when I go in there the ladies roll their eyes at me.
I have been feeling not myself lately and this will help. I havent really been up to eating lately and my body could use this... whole foods for a week or 2 and then detox is over. \:\)
My body will love me for it and I usually drop weight too.

I am glad you are up front and center. I couldnt find your thread at first.

I agree about Mickey Ds it is toxic. Better choice for a Packer Backer on the Road? I dunno?
I find it practically impossible when on th road in Wisconsin to find something healthy.
So when I can I bring these things along....
Kashi bars and naked juice are great for on the go.
They actually make you feel full. Or "Boca" burgers { a soy burger} are fabulous too. Only 1 gram of fat! I love a real hamburger any day of the week but these are actually very tasty.

You are doing great. I agree better to keep it to yourself you are "dieting".. otherwise every one has something to say about it.

:D,

~Ali

Delil@h #1559218 08/15/08 05:58 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Today I am doing well. Didn't work out but stuck to cup of cereal for breakfast and turkey sandwich (no mayo or cheese or anything else) and a water for lunch. We are visiting friends for the weekend, so I need to be smart, but we are going out to eat tonight and that will be high cal.

Weighed in at 213.5 today. Want to hold it for Monday.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

C
OP Offline
C
Weighed in this morning at 214.5. The good news is that we spent the weekend with close friends, eating great food and drinking lots of wine and beer. I made lots of choices that I wouldn't have made because of my blogging here, but could have made a few more better ones (64 cal MGD light would have been a better choice than the microbrews). We did hit McDs and I stuck to my grilled chicken w/ just lettuce and a diet Coke (No Fries!!).

Worked out this morning and felt like a slug. Need to do it again tomorrow.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

S
S
Can I join in here?

I need to lose weight, like Alimari I won't be giving out my weight, although I having been sharing every other personal thing about me lately. HAHA.

I have been trying to lose weight for health reasons and of course to look better also. I have lost about 20 pounds in the last 3 months. some of that was due to hearing my husband wanted a seperation. With the vacation last week and everything else I need to step it up again with the eating right and the exercise. I think this will be a great place to keep me motivated and track my exercise.

I also have a wedding coming up in 7 weeks that I would like to lose weight for. So I can get a sexy dress to wear to remind my Husband what he has here.

Thanks Shelby

Me:43
H:43
T:20 YRS
M:15 YRS
Bomb: 6/9/08
Bomb#2 7/6/10
Served with papers at work 7/13/10
DD:14, DD:11
V
V
My wife was about 70 pounds overweight and always gave me the excuse that she didn't feel good about herself enough to be intimate. She did loose all the weight she wanted and looked and felt good. A bit threatened I lost some weight and we both worked on it together and we both felt and looked good.

However, it made no difference at all in the bedroom. Not even a little.

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard