Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks everyone. I do, honestly, truly appreciate all of the advice and information. I do take it all into consideration. I'm not turing a blind eye, I never have. I know that things with BF took off too soon after the D - and that helped in many ways and it hurt in many ways. I'm not afraid to live without him or anything. There's a history, there's a love, there's the occational spark of change and hope. I have my moments when it's all shot to heck. I have my moments when I just want to be optimistic (something XH used to say I never was, ironically).

Happy - you make a good point. I'm younger than pretty much everyone I've encountered here on the DB boards. Xh and I were 21 when we were married. We had dated for 5 years. We were M for 3 years. We were best friends, we thought we were soul mates. We lived together (obviously), we worked together - 2 seperate times, 2 seperate locations until about a year before the D. We even went to school together (different classes and majors).
Each D is similar and unique in it's own ways.

Also, when I have more mental energy I will think honestly about what changes he's made, and hasn't made since we started dating...and more importantly (to me at least), since he moved out of his mom's house. I know just on the short list, he's come a long way there. He does dishes, yard work, car work and laundry. Trust me - that's miles from where he was/what he was doing when he lived at home with his parents.

Things will work out one way or another. I'm to tired to even think too deeply about this all right now. Ha ha ha

Just as I thought I was going to get ahead with my overtime, my annual bonus, my travel pay, my bonus for special work my department did, a refund for my deposits since we're not going to Vegas...... I get a bill from the dentist, a bill from the doctor (somehow they didn't bill me for A YEAR for my previous visits).

I'm in an organizing mood. Today I was organizing reciepts and papers. I was making a list of all the places I have to call and talk to about different issues. I have to get ready for our cruise, 25 days away!

I felt good today, the friend I went on the business trip that is having problems and she doesn't know if she wants to stay or go in the marriage - I gave her my DB book \:\)

Oh - on a funny note. What I copied that my friend wrote to me - that wasn't a girlfriend. That was my gay ex-roommate, who ironically is one of BF's best friends. Sad when his own friends think like that of him, huh?

Anyways, again, too tired to think too deep about that stuff.

Thanks again. I hope you all know what a special place you all hold in my heart.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Hi Toomanywords, I have to say you seem to have your eyes open now and not so willing to just settle for the sake of having a man in your life. Good work.
Also with the age comment. I see more and young people posting.
Thes someone called Onedge posting and he,s 22yrs,married with a 2 yr old. Maybe you have some advice for them.

Hope you keep on aimimg for better things.

T
OP Offline
T
Cruise was AMAZING

And today I just found out that I was accepted for a position I applied for. I'm a little nervous, but life is about some risk - right?

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Will it be a promotion for you??

Glad you had a good time on the cruise!!!

TMW: Congrats on the cruise. C'mon - tell us more. Enquiring minds want to know.

Barb

T
OP Offline
T
I heard back on the other job. They couldn't give me any insight into the possibility of relocation. They'd be asking me to sign a contract saying I agree to work for them for 9 years after the training and basically go where they tell me.
Sorry, with real estate the way it is and all my family being here - I just cannot put myself in that sort of unforseen future.

Cruise was AMAZING. I didn't have a care in the world. I took over 400 pictures! We relaxed, we strolled, we made friends. It was just great! I keep saying - my new goal in life is to pay off debt, save for a cruise, take cruise and continue that pattern until I die \:\) It was THAT great. The sunsets were incredible. And we think we seen a dolphin fin a couple of times. Seen a huge sea turtle out the window while eating a buffet lunch, but didn't have my camera out. Swam in the ocean during a 15 minute rain storm.

My only regret is that we didn't have more money to spend. We went into 1 place just to look and the guy had a fire opal - mind you Orange is my favorite color and I LOVE opal. The set - earrings, ring, necklace all for under $200!!!!!! That made me a bit sad.

But I am so very blessed.

Came back to real life. Took a couple days to get over the motion sick patch. The thing made me have blurry vision and then back home I just wasn't feeling right. It took 2 days and I was all better. \:\)

I'm planning my sister's baby shower now. End of October. Ending up to be a much bigger ordeal than originally planned or signed on for. She asked if she could just have 1 big shower, which I was fine with. She made it sound like we'd be inviting maybe 10-20 additional people aside from the original plan of me planning just our dad's side of the family. AFTER I agreed, she tells me we HAVE to invite everyone's kids too! So that makes over 50 people total ! She says that she babysits most of the kids, and they don't have any other sitter, etc.
Whatever. Got most of the details worked out now. \:\)

Mom's doing ok. Her husband is ok.
BF's mom just had an emergency. Has an immobilizer on her knee and crutches.
My friend went back into the hospital, they had to adjust her medications.
BF had to go to the ER for his knee. Worker's comp since it happened at work. Waiting to hear before they will do MRI.

K, it's late, gotta sleep.

Toomanywords #1620178 10/14/08 03:28 PM
T
OP Offline
T
All is well with me. Just some stress.
I found out the pain I've had in my back for 5, yes 5 years - is a rib out of place!
I found out I need reading/computer glasses.

My mom thinks I need my Adrenal gland checked. I guess there was some Discovery Channel special about it. Same/similar symptoms of thyroid disorder - fatigue, weight gain, taking b/c for exsessive time. So, I asked my doctor who never really heard of it. They took some blood. I have to check more into this, anyone here ever hear about this?

Seen a FUNNY comic Friday - John Reep. (The Hemi guy, he also won Last Comic Standing last season). he was really great.

Got a new cell phone plan. Got a great discount working for the government \:\) I wasn't expecting a break on the phones. \:\) Got a family share plan with BF. He surprised me when we were shopping, he picked out 1 phone and he picked out a backup because of the cost of the 1st. But with my discount the 1st phone ended up being so great and affordable I got the same one \:\)

He's fighting with his employer about a worker's compensation claim. BF twisted his knee on the job 2 weeks ago. This is the same knee he broke several years ago. In our state, aggrivation of a pre-exsisting injury is covered. So, we're dealing with that.

I'm waiting to hear back from the VA regarding my healthcare so I can start going there for my back and my knee. My knee has been hurting lately for some reason. ?

I'm getting organized at home, work, etc. Going through paperwork, cleaning, etc.

My sister's babyshower is next weekend. That's been a headache. No one knows how to RSVP anymore. She ended up having to call her friends to find out if they were coming or not. Then some friends she didn't invite said they wanted to come to the party. Her mom's side of the family isn't talking to her (my sister) because of the pregnancy. My dad's side of the family started to balk, but he (my dad) stopped that and most of them are coming now.
So now, with everyone's kids (yes, at my sister's request everyone's kids are invited) we should have about 50 people.

My mom and her husband are doing well. She's continuing with her chiropractor for care. He's back to work, finally.

My Ebay sales have been going well. I have another batch of stuff I have to put up. It's nice having sort of a part time job with that.

I got on here today because my friend (the one I previously mentioned that I was acting like a DB counselor for), one of her sons was just told by his wife of 7 years that she wants out. He's in the military and he's only been home for 2 weeks. Before he left she insisted on getting a house. They have 2 kids. I told her to give him this website, give him the book.

I hope everyone out there is doing well and having a wonderful Fall and 2008 so far.

Toomanywords #1668175 12/08/08 02:17 AM
T
OP Offline
T
My nephew was born yesterday, Saturday Dec 6. He's amazing. The entire experience of being there and seeing the whole thing was gross and incredible at the same time. I'm so proud

W
W
Congrats TMW! What a miracle!

whitelight #1671008 12/11/08 02:53 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks. It was incredible. My sister may be an idiot (no, seriously, the stories would take their own thread)
But I was there for the whole thing all day start to finish and it was just amazing

Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard