Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
S
S
Back on track today . . . first day for teachers, and of course there were two dozen doughnuts on the table. Local ones . . . better than Krispy Kreme. I did not succumb. Counting my large dinner, I had about 2400 calories today. But the elliptical machine thinks I burned about 900 on it . . . and with the leg presses, back hypers and bodyweight squats, I figure I probably burned an even 1000 over my maintenance number.

I'm beginning to think about rewards. I think when I hit my final goal, I'm going to get my tattoo. I don't know what it will be, yet, exactly; I have a friend who does excellent, clean graphic design, and I'm going to ask him to make something unique and very simple out of either the Rod of Asclepius or the Star of Life . . . maybe both.

Recovering Sex-Starved Husband.
Y
Y
Originally Posted By: SillyOldBear
....two dozen doughnuts on the table. Local ones . . . better than Krispy Kreme. I did not succumb.

....the elliptical machine thinks I burned about 900 on it . . . and with the leg presses, back hypers and bodyweight squats, I figure I probably burned an even 1000 over my maintenance number.

I'm beginning to think about rewards.

...I'm going to get my tattoo. I don't know what it will be, yet, exactly; I have a friend who does excellent, clean graphic design, and I'm going to ask him to make something unique and very simple out of either the Rod of Asclepius or the Star of Life . . . maybe both.

Good for you in not giving into the temptation of doughnuts!

Your workout is really impressive. Today I was on a treadmill at the gym for 46 minutes and burned (according to the machine) 667 calories. Much of the run I ran a fast (for me) 5.5 mph, then after 30 minutes I slowed it down to 5 mph or a 12min mile, with the final 5 minutes droping down half an mph per minute.

It felt good to be exercising and I felt strong, but not nearly as hard a work out as you got. I try to alternate running days and weight lifting days, but tomorrow I am scheduled for a 90 minute massage (oh YES! talk about stress relief and relaxation.) Life is good!

Take care and exercise hard!

>43 years of marriage--My wife and I are now closer than we have been in decades. I believe that my SSM is over.
Uh...I walked around the block with the dog...? Resisted Dairy Queen! Made a nice dinner for us not too bad with the carbs and fat and LOTS of veg. H was grateful. Dinners ahve been pretty irratic here at daughter's home. We leave for our home early today. Got some LF 100 cal bottled coffee. Must go back to bed! I'm thinking about that half marathon...

2Learn #2059857 08/20/10 07:38 AM
You guys are very inspiring! and sweet!

2Learn #2060121 08/20/10 05:04 PM
Y
Y
Originally Posted By: 2Learn
Uh...I walked around the block with the dog...? Resisted Dairy Queen! Made a nice dinner for us not too bad with the carbs and fat and LOTS of veg. H was grateful. Dinners ahve been pretty irratic here at daughter's home. We leave for our home early today. Got some LF 100 cal bottled coffee. Must go back to bed! I'm thinking about that half marathon...

You are doing well!

As to thinking about a half marathon, it really is doable, if you train for it. If you do decide you should plan on giving yourself about 4 months training prior to the actual run and you might want to try a shorter run (5K, 5-mile, 10K) run prior to the half marathon, just so you will get use to the race start hupla and excitement.

If you decide on doing it, I will be happy to provide you with a few book references that you might want to read to understand some of the training schedules etc.

Even if you don't do something like an organized race, just working on increasing your exercise intensity will provide lots of benefits and help with your weight loss (at least in my experience).

Good luck.

>43 years of marriage--My wife and I are now closer than we have been in decades. I believe that my SSM is over.
S
S
Today I weighed in at 30 pounds less than the beginning of the summer. That leaves me with a long way to go, but I was plateaued at right around 25 pounds lost for nearly three weeks without taking any more weight off at all. It feels like I broke through a wall.

Y
Y
That is a lot of weight loss for the summer. Congratulations, you have clearly been working at things.

D
D
Originally Posted By: SillyOldBear
Today I weighed in at 30 pounds less than the beginning of the summer. That leaves me with a long way to go, but I was plateaued at right around 25 pounds lost for nearly three weeks without taking any more weight off at all. It feels like I broke through a wall.

SillyOldbear,

You got 25lbs off in 3 weeks? What did you do to get that?

It will plateau, just like anything else. Back off for some time and hit it harder to break through.

S
S
No, the plateau began when I'd lost 25 pounds and lasted 3 weeks.

D
D
SillyOldBear,

How long did it take for you to get the 25lbs off in the first place?

Thanks.

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard