Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
L
L
Quote:
We've learned to let go of the control and rather than spending anymore energy on what we have no control of, we spent the energy on someone who is worth it - YOU.

ISLH

Oh bless your heart lovey.

soo good to see you too , and Amen to this

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
F
F
Originally Posted By: Jeff223
When are you moving to Alabama so I can hit you up for a date?

I do hope you are right ISLH. You need to come south too!

Jeff....NO HOGGING. FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
I
I
Originally Posted By: faithisbelieving
When are you moving to Alabama so I can hit you up for a date?

I do hope you are right ISLH. You need to come south too!

Jeff....NO HOGGING. FIB

Jeff,
I just might come south if this rain doesn't let up. Other than the grass being really green, I hate the rain.

FIB,
You guys certaining know how to lift a girl's spirit. \:\)

Lissie,
I've missed you too sweetie.

Nicola,
How about we take a ride down south across the border and pick up some friends along the way. We can start a DB convoy.

Me: 49 - S22 & S26
H: 41 - No kids
M: 10/00
Bomb New Year's Day 2006
H living w OW 01/07; have baby 12/07
D final 07/07
Thread #9 - Hope Lives On
A
amd Offline
A
Quote:
We can start a DB convoy.
Now what would that look like, exactly?

And can we sing the song?

amd
P
OP Offline
P
Bill,

Originally Posted By: Bworl

So when I read the joy you are finding in your life again, I rejoice with you because I too have found that joy.

And I wish we could somehow convince everyone who is currently hurting on this site that, regardless of whether your story ends in reconciliation or divorce, there is still a wonderful life out there in front of you. The actions of a single person can never take that away.

Blessings to you Nic,

Thank you for this. I've had a bad couple of days (not sure why - it happens), and I came back and read this. Yes, things WILL get happier again for me. I really would like to get married again, but I'm waiting for the right person. I'm so glad that you still post b/c the fact that you and your new W have found each other really does give me hope, and I'm sure others feel the same way, too.

Best,
Nicola

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself
My thread: Trusting God's Plan
P
OP Offline
P
Jeff and FIB -

You two are so funny! I don't know if there's enough of me to go around...but I guess I could try. ;\)

P
OP Offline
P
ISLH,

Originally Posted By: I_Still_Love_Him
We've learned to let go of the control and rather than spending anymore energy on what we have no control of, we spent the energy on someone who is worth it - YOU.

You are truly a success and as we have always said, there is a better life out there for you. Some people feel that it is unfortunate that we have had to travel this journey. For those of us who have and have learned from it, are stronger and better for it today. This is the path Jesus chose for you because He knew you deserved better.

I love you and miss you, Nic. You are truly someone I will always admire.

Hugs,
ISLH

Thank you so much, sugar. I am honoured that you consider me someone to admire. Gosh, a lot of the time, I feel like I'm just getting by. I forget sometimes how far I've come since those "darkest days."

I wish you all the very best, my dear.

Nicola

J
J
Quote:
I don't know if there's enough of me to go around...but I guess I could try.

If you are a John Wayne fan, in the movie El Dorado he and Robert Mitchum are after the same gal.

At one point in the movie she says: "I'm girl enough for both of you!"

That should be your response too \:\)

B/c it is true.

Hope all is well.

Jeff

Current Thread
P
OP Offline
P
Hey all,

I'm having a rough month - three years on and it's still hard to go through the anniversary of our split (Aug 13) and our wedding anniversary (today). Plus, even though we signed our agreement back in June, XH's L is presenting it in court on Wednesday (27th), and then it has to be approved by a judge. This is just a formality, apparently, but it seems like the agony is being dragged on and on.

I was really feeling fine, but things are not good right now. I think it's the finality of everything - and the fact that there are so many "finals" - the signing of the agreement, then being served officially (that was tough, to see it in black and white: XH vs me), then the court thing (I don't have to be there), then the official certificate of D, which I guess I'll get in the mail. And all this when it's anniversary month and back to work.

I am feeling really lonely right now, alone and sad. I do not want to get back together w/ XH, but I wish I could be in a healthy, stable R with someone else. I have met quite a few guys, so that's not a problem, but no one really interests me, for various reasons.

And I do know that when I'm feeling like this, it wouldn't be the best time to start a new R! I guess I'm just looking for some thoughts on getting through this last(?) stage w/o falling into a bad depression, b/c I feel myself headed there.

Nicola

Hi Nic:

How was your vacation? I want to hear how you liked my city (or didn't). I SO wish I could have been here but I was up to my ears in a reno at the cottage.

This too shall pass...

Mine was read in court without me present as well. It was stamped. I got a copy in the mail. One month after the court date is was official. And it was the week my mother died. And maggot wrote to the newspaper telling everyone she was marrying my H! It was painful but it subsided and I have to tell you that it gets better.

Once you know it is over and there is no going back you do move forward. Dates are hard for all of us. Why did so many of us split in August? - seems to be a big month for it. But you will get to a point that it will just be another day. Or you will do something special and be kinder to yourself that day.

On the day my divorce became final there was no fanfare - I just knew. And I sat down to dinner with my kids, poured us a glass of wine (not Ashley) and calmly told them that it was official. But I toasted my marriage and told them that if I had not married their dad I never would have had them. And they are the most precious people - the best thing that ever could have happened to me and that I was grateful to their dad for giving them to me. I remember that day now in a good way because of that toast.

CHEERS to you Nick! Brighter days ahead.

Barb

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard