Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27
T
OP Offline
T
So, I'm a month away from being 3 years D. I can't believe it.
I have a friend who was married just a couple weeks before XH and I. They are together and well and have a little one. Makes their anniversary sort of easy to remember, but also makes me a little sad cause I don't know how to stop myself from thinking that - for example - this would have been our 6 year anniversary. When my friend's marriage comes up in conversation ,like it did on Friday, people are amazed that I somehow remember how long they've been married.
Oh well. Maybe someday that part of my brain will shut itself down.

XH has been married for 2 years and has a son that's not a year old yet. Xh's family still loves me and we stay in contact. I just texted with his mom today actually. \:\)

I bought my house just over a year ago. Somehow I'm getting mail for XH and his wife (ARGH) I let them know via a message to her on Facebook and she appologized and told me to throw it out.

I started a new job almost a year ago :P

I've been with BF for just under 3 years. Things are going well there. He's preparing to go to school in FL for Marine Mechanics for 9 months in November. He was in carpentry - which is seasonal and really bad with the economy right now.

I've been dealing with MANY family emergencies this month. For anyone who's been reading along I'm happy to update that my grandfather was released from the hospital today. He just has to be careful, no heavy lifting.
Mom and her husband are ok. Very sore, very bruised. He can get his stiches out on Wednesday. She finds out tomorrow if she broke her lorasic vertebrae (SP?)

In a week I'll be on my way to Indianapolis for a couple of days with work. I'm very excited. Something new that not many people get to do. \:\)

In 41 days we are going on a Southern Caribbean Cruise with Royal Caribbean courtesy of Good Morning America's Winter Concert Series Sweepstakes!!! First cruise for both of us - I'm so excited!!!

In December, I'm going to be an aunt! My 18 year old sister is preggers.

Hmmmm I think that's it on quick updates.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
H
H
TMW,

I'm glad you're posting again. I always think of you as my cyber daughter. You're from where I'm from and you've been given a bad deal. You are a good girl and I know that from your posts, and you love way too much, but you're a really good girl who does the right things. I too have worked since I was a little girl and have the most excellent work ethic. That will take you far in life as long as you don't let others bring you down. This I know.

Was glad to hear your mom and stepdad are ok. Things always happen in 3's.

Keep posting and let us know how you're doing. Because we care.

S
S
TMW,

Wow. Three years?!

Good to hear from you. Thanks for the update and enjoy that cruise.

Spitty

Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks so much for the positivity HappyToday.
Things do happen in 3's - emergencies have just been too common lately. In case anyone hasn't read my previous threads:
My grandfather on my dad's side went to the hospital a couple months ago for a heart attack. He was in rehab for several months. He came home just before father's day, but went back to the hospital just before 4th of July.
My step-grandmother on my mom's side went to the hospital and had to stay a few days for pneumonia.
My friend had a mental breakdown. She was in the hospital for several days and got out right before the 4th of July.
My dad had a tooth pulled and ended up with an abcess and very bad infection that required surgery. He was in the hospital for almost a week, he got out right before the 4th of July.
BF stepped on 2 nails at work, he went to the ER the night my dad had surgery. Then a couple days later he had heat exhaustion amplified by the pain pills - he was rushed to the ER from work.
Mom had a severe ear infection that landed her in the ER 2 nights in a row.
Then BF had a bad tooth ache and we found he needs a root canal, a wisdom tooth pulled and some cavities filled.
My dog had to go to the vet.
Then last week my mom and her husband were in a severe accident that totalled their new Ford F 250 & new 42 ft camper/trailer. If anyone is in the Erie PA area - you may have seen it on the news. i-79 was closed for a while.
That same day my grandpa on my mom's side went to the hospital. He's been having trouble breathing. He had fluid - not sure in his lungs or where. He wasn't getting enough oxygen to the right side of his heart. They put in a catheter (SP?) and he came home yesterday.

I told everyone - no emergencies for at least a year or so? Even work is sort of joking with me about taking family emergency leave since I had to do it for my dad's surgery (it was unexpected), for BF's heat exhaustion and then for this accident. 3 times in a month.

Yeah Spitty - 3 years. I can't believe it. In exactly 1 month it will have been 3 years. I can't believe what a different person I am, how much everything in my life has changed. I can't believe how much I've grown.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
J
J
TMW,

You have had a full plate. Glad to see you are holding up.

3.5 yrs D for me. Coming up on Old anniversary in Aug. Thanks for replying to my thread....hope you know I was joking with my response.

Jak466

State Trooper: Do you feel this vehicle is safe for highway travel?

Del Griffith: Yes sir. Yes. Yes I do. I mean she may not look like much but she'll get you where you wanna go.
T
OP Offline
T
Well - to top off my plate....today stepdad had half of his foot amputated.
Before the accident his foot was being treated for an infection (caused by him not taking care of himself). It seemed to be getting better but then today when he went for his weekly check - it was bad. Really bad. There was flesh eating bacteria and they had to amputate asap. So, at 1pm they started and the DR said they had to keep going until there was clean bone. Well, it was there right around the arch of his foot.

I feel so bad for my mom. She's not as close as she used to be physically. She wants to be close, she needs to be closer for times like these. ARGH She's worried about everything. If he's going to go back to work, how she'll care for him, etc.

At work - I didn't leave (mom told my not to), but I let my boss know since I'd be on personal calls a bit more than usual - they seriously thought I was joking. There is no possible way that 1 person has THIS MANY EMERGENCIES, especially not in 1 MONTH.

Anway.

Jak466 - I was hoping you were joking \:\) It's just a very rare thing to see a man open up and talk about feelings and emotions like that. At least for me \:\)

Yeah, July and August are the tough months for me. Along with December. July was the seperation and divorce papers. August was our wedding anniversary and 1 week later is our divorce anniversary. December, well, that was always just a special time since that's when we started dating and the holidays and all.

Anyways. BF's mom made a pie today and gave me 1/2. So much for trying to loose weight LOL It's rhubarb. I think it's yummy. Since it's rhubarb pie, that makes it healthy - right? ;\)

I have such a headache. But I'm happy to report that my acid reflux has calmed down a bit. Thank goodness - that scares me. I'm going to talk about it with my dr on saturday.

J
J
TMW,

Well, I usually stay pretty gaurded so when I do give my heart away, it is deep. Problem is each time I get burned, its harder to let the gaurd down.

I was out with some friends a short while ago. They were all married and ribbin me about my position being single. Thing is, none of them are truly happy. Their wives are not happy. And as a part time bar-tender, most of my customers are not happy with their relationships.

They came up with a list of people I dated. 2 months or longer to make the list. I think it was around 20. They asked me how many did you tell you were in love with. I told them only 4.

Then I told them, but unlike you guys, I never bitched about them to you. Not once. I didn't have a wondering eye like some of you. And I was never unhappy in my relationships like all of you.

I like my romantic side.

Jak466

Del Griffith: Yes sir. Yes. Yes I do. I mean she may not look like much but she'll get you where you wanna go.
T
OP Offline
T
Awww -that is so very true! So many people complain, moan and groan about how miserable they are.
Too many people aren't as sure as they should be in matters of the heart before making a serious committment.
It's taken a long time for me to realize that there isn't love like in the movies. Romance doesn't happen like that unless you make it happen, and it's a lot of hard work.

On a general note - One thing I hate is how people reference my marriage. People make it sound like it was a horrible marriage.
It wasn't. It was pretty darn good until the end. People actually looked to our marriage as an example of what they wanted to be. Everything was so easy with us. The only real problem was in the bedroom. More so with him than me. Should have been some sign there. I tried. I gave it my all. But it died. The love died.

I know when I get married again, and it will happen some day, that I won't be as blind. As the movie quote goes, "When you kissed me and told me you loved me, I thought you meant it. Shame on me for kissing you with my eyes closed so tightly."

(While searching for that exactly quote, I found another goodie:
I wanted a perfect ending; now I've learned the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Hate is easy, love takes courage )

I could go on all day with quotes.
For now, I'm going to bed.

J
J
Sleep well

Jak466

T
OP Offline
T
Hospitals, insurance - it all sucks. My mom was stressed this morning still trying to clean up stuff that we salvaged from the accident. Dealing with 2 dogs. Dealing with insurance. Now dealing with her H. Early this afternoon the hospital called and told her to come and pick him up! Already! They said there isn't anything else they can do until the foot heals. They showed her how to change the dressing.
I'm so worried because she has to be careful with her back and his back and everything. Whew.
This week is flying by. Sunday I leave for Indianapolis. I'm a little worried about going out of town like this, I'm just praying no emergencies will come up.

Xh's cousin is inviting me to church with them. Odd, this is the 2nd invite I've gotten from someone this month to go to church with them. (The other was from a co-worker). When I'm not dealing with emergencies, traveling for work or taking care of mom - I think I'm going to check it out.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard