Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: fig
we can get it all out to people who understand, who really get it, and hopefully that will keep us from shooting ourselves in the foot by calling our WAS.

I'd be amputated above the knee by now, lol! this board has truly saved me from myself.

\:\) I'm glad for you all

Ok, the wheel is, um, 300 today, climbing back up \:\)

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
W
W
Cat,
Camping with the kids for 3 days with just mom? How cool is that! You and the kids will have such a good time getting out from under this emotional blanket for awhile and bond in ways that you never imagined. I am excited for you and the kids...I might be camping soon as well....maybe a little different kind of camping ..peace...

C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
want to hear about that whapu \:\)

I was never into camping, but they like it so much, I was rooting for a cabin but they were all out, only had one night, so 1 night on a cabin 2 nights tent, I'm looking for a propane stove now, dont' know I'm going to feed us all for 3 days without electricity (they were out of tent site with hook ups) so good luck to us all, lol

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
Quote:
thanks for being my crying shoulder everyone))))))))))))))) I was one min. from calling him and tell him how crappy I was feeling andwhy, and it would've been the same crap "well, you need to talk to your T about it", and he would've been right, as OT puts it , it is like a victim seeking comfort from its abuser.. totally useless

Oh man have I ever been there. Funny how they can so easily pawn us off as the one with the problem and take absolutely no responsibility for what they've done. My head used to spin because I couldn't wrap my brain around that, but I've seen the same scenario so many times now that I just think it's all part of their illness. Oh and the victim seeking comfort from the abuser...my therapist said that as well. It was one of the few comparisons that stuck with me. When I would get the urge to call, either just to hear his voice or to try to "break through" , I would repeat that in my head over and over again until the feeling passed.

You did good cat. Can you recognize what a strong person you have become?

Take care..........

Love,
Bethie

C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
thanks Beth \:\)

Well, it's all pretty much done, he signed the SA papers today, I will do it tomorrow and refin. the house. Well, and life keeps going, can't wait for our camping trip.

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
Yup Sweetie,

Focusing on the camping trip and the fun stuff is the best thing that you can do. There's nothing you can do about him anyway. He sounds to be the type that almost has to go the whole 9 yards before he'll ever realize what is that he's done. It will be amazing to watch how wonderful he thinks his life is with OW a year from now. I'd bet money that you're the one that comes out of this happier simply because you've done the work and you know what's important.

Here's to moving on...........

Love,
Bethie

E
E
Cat,

Bethie is exactly right. My kid's father sounds like he is angry all the time, life aint like the woulda thought at all right about now.

Hugs,
Ever

Hi Ever!

How are you Sweetie? Why don't you give us an update. I keep watching your thread to see how life is treating you. Let us know!

Love,
Bethie

E
E
Bethie and Cat,

Will do today...

Ever

Thank you mam!

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard