K
So excited for you C2! oh so envious too! lol

Tropcial paradise,I am soooo ready for something like that, to get awayyyyy

How long will you be gone?

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
cat, "whooohula!"

fig, thanks! I'll pass your thoughts along to the pilot. ;\)

Karen, We leave Friday and return on the 18th! Oh and Karen, about that envy? Remember my thread title:

Romans 8:28
Quote:
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Well, I likely would not be taking these missions trips if I was still married. The major financial sacrifices I have chosen to undertake only affect me and my lifestyle so I choose to make them. I meet my commitments to child support and school tuitions and beyond because I love to bless my children. So I understand the excitement others have for me but I also share that these opportunities have come because of an obedience to what God has shown me to do. Much of the time I blow it but some of the time I get it right and I owe anything that turns out good to God, He gets the glory. I really, really mean it.

Just now thinking about the excitement we all have about going, I was thinking that I will not have the post vacation let down that often accompanies a trip to an exotic destination. For one thing, heaven will be SO much better and this trip will only wet my appetite to be a better servant of God and my fellow man.

Secondly, the memories we have will be of serving and the blessings we receive will last. Back when I was a party animal, the "good times" I had (or at least those I could remember ) were moments in time. Now, these memories will be of helping, loving, caring for those who are less fortunate and offering them something eternal. Long after my tan has faded, I the love of God we share with others will still be fond memories for both those who receive it and those who give it.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
Hi C2,
I soooo admire the way in which you handle all the events in your life.

I hope you have a wonderful trip (like anyone could have a bad time in Hawaii).

Can't wait to hear the detail when you return!!!

OP Offline
Jill thank you for the compliment. I am listening to hawaiian music from my prior trips to associate this music with this trip as opposed to them being a reminder of my prior trips with X. They will still remind me of those times but will also now remind me of this one \:\)

Hope to make another post and start a new thread before I leave. Aloha \:\)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
ALOHA!!!

Hey C2,

I hope you have the best time! I think you hit the jackpot with this mission trip! Some people have all the luck..............

Love,
Bethie

D
D

How cool! C2H is headed off to get lai'd!

Godspeed buddy. BTDT, as far as returning to those special places without the X (Cancun, same hotel even).

You may have a passing twinge or two of regret, sadness, whatever,.. but I really don't think it'll be an issue. Your dedication to serving God and focus on others will make this an awesome adventure.

We're looking forward to hearing all about it.

Aloha \:\)

-db

A
A
Have a save trip C2!

ALL "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
OP Offline
thanks ALL and everyone! Aloha!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
K
K
Kuko-
Le'ale'a

--- Kalena & Miki \:\)

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12