Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
OP Offline
Send another basket, that one is too cool to eat! What a great pic to get the water in the shot.

As for your future trip(?), give it over to Him and start praying about connecting to some missionaries, they will absolutely cherish and covet your consistent prayer for them.

I went to Romania last winter and hope to go again one day but if I never do, I am very connected to the minsistry and am on their prayer team. I get email updates, pray for their specific needs, see pics and video from time to time. Before I had gone, I was not connected to them but nothing would have prevented me to getting connected before I did go.

Even as I write this to you now, I feel directed to connect to the Hawaiian pastor to get to know him a little bit before I get there. \:\)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
OP Offline
Cat, posted the following on your thread but felt that it was more appropriate to post here instead:

Lies from the pit of hell vs. God's Grace
Glad you sent those thoughts packing. The church I attend is affilitated with a network of churches and many of the pastors are on radio with their teachings (There are NO pleas for money). There is a daily call in show where people call in from around the country to ask bible questions. One caller called in sharing that she loved God but often felt like she disappoints God constantly, that she felt depressed and sad about it. One of the pastors responded by sharing that over 90% of the people who see him for counseling express feelings of condemnation or that they are disappointing God. Well, "yeah," we sin every day. His point was that these negative thoughts and accusations come from the enemy, and they are lies from the pit of hell! He further shared that we really need to understand God's Grace, and His love and forgiveness.

Afterwards, he also referenced a book the founding pastor wrote a book, Why Grace Changes Everything as a good resource for understanding God's view on grace.

In Romans we learn quite a bit about God's grace and that we are never to presume upon it or take it for granted but to lean upon it when we are accused by the great deceiver, the great liar. I haven't read the book so I just ordered a used hard copy from amazon online for $1 (plus shipping). The founding pastor's books are always drenched in scripture (and worth full retail but I am also a wise steward \:\) ) so I am looking forward to growing in this area of knowledge and I owe it to you because of the thoughts you have been posting about your book.

So, I owe you a big "thank you" and am sending you back a cyber basket of chips and dip (remember, I am a bachelor, I do things differently)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
C
C
I believe in feeding our brain good stuff CH2, you know what they say about an idle mind. I'm glad you got yourself a good book (amazon is where I get most of my books too \:\) )

When the devils isnt' throwing physical hurdles (lack of working toilets/water leaks, et ect) he is busy making us worry, thus making us doubt what God is able to do for us. For a few moments yesterday when nothing was working at home, I was about to play martyr and burst out crying, but the impulse was weak and I despised it quickly. Am I going to cry because I dont' have the luxury of hot water? then how the heck those refugees women of Sudan who are violated should feel? how dare I take the "poor me" attitude about something so silly?

Hope you enjoy your book, and BOY do I love your basket of chips!! oh baby, I see all the kinds I like, salt & vinegar flavored, Pringles... you know how to treat a lady \:\)

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
OP Offline
Quote:
Hope you enjoy your book, and BOY do I love your basket of chips!! oh baby, I see all the kinds I like, salt & vinegar flavored, Pringles... you know how to treat a lady

Yes ma'am. Now I just gotta wait for the Lord to send one my way that knows how to treat a man! \:\)

Heard a great message today about the benefits of being single. I HATE not havin my kids with me more often but I do use the alone time to serve God as often as I can. This is also part of the reason I am able to go on the missions trips so maybe some of X's resentmet comes from my freedom.

Hey, if you are up for it and want to join in prayer for this trip I am going on, here is the info on the event:
Jesus Loves You North Shore

Here are the specific Prayer Needs.

Now look at you, if you feel led to join in prayer, this is almost like your first missions trip \:\) Ask and you shall receive.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
OP Offline
Quickie post:

Church Friend conversation
Friday I attended our weekly prayer meeting for missions, this one focused on the upcoming Hawaii trip. One of the team members is "Church Friend", the woman I started to "court" in December but then she decided to back off. I maintain it was a great experience and we handled it well, even the decision not to move forward left both of us feeling very comfortable with our resulting friendship.

Yesterday I found out via email that the door opened for her to go on this Hawaii trip and I was very happy for her because she went on the first trip and she was tremendously blessed by that experience. In a follow up email she sent about the trip, she mentioned she wanted to talk to me after the prayer meeting so we connected afterwards to have a private conversation.

She told me she was at a sunday evening bible study that I missed and the topic of dating came up because of something in the scripture they were reading that night. In reference to "dating" the bible study leader encouraged the men to reach out to the women over coffee to see if the Lord opening up the door for a relationship. He encouraged the ladies to appreciate such efforts and receive them graciously. Because of this message, my church friend wanted to take the time to personally say, "Thank You" to me and so she did. \:\)

I told her I appreciated her taking the time to share this with me. I was going to share some positive things I took away from our experience but some mutual friends came around and didn't leave. We are going on this trip together so we'll have time to talk and build our friendship some more but it felt really good to know that the respect I showed her was appreciated.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
I WANNA GO TOO!!! How bout if I work part time and then laze around on the beach and drink mai-tais part time too???
Do I get points for "sorta" helping???

C2, I hope you have a wonderful and blessed time.

Get in line, Jill. I wanna go. I wanna go.

C2H: I haven't read your whole thread but I am very happy for you to have this special trip planned. Seems like something might just turn around with this ladyfriend. I mean - how can it not with all the stars aligned in Hawaii???? LOL

I love Hawaii. Maui is my fav. I have been 3 times but only when I was married. I am HOPING that Josh and I can spend a week there enroute or on the way home from our next cruise. He has never been beyond the Honolulu airport and that's no way to see that wonderful state.

So - when do you go? Are you excited?

Wishing you all the best always!

ALOHA!!!

Barb

OP Offline
Jill,

Do you get points for "sorta" helping? ummm, you "sorta" get points ;\) Yep, I know I will be blessed during this experience. I mentioned before that every time I go, I come back receiving more from the Lord than I give to the people we serve.

Hi Barb,

Thanks for stopping by. I leave on May 9th and return on the 18th. \:\( I have been to Kaui and Maui with my X and the kids so this trip to the big island will be different in that respect as well.

Quote:
Seems like something might just turn around with this ladyfriend. I mean - how can it not with all the stars aligned in Hawaii???? LOL

Barb, the funny thing is the thought crossed my mind. The people who tend to go on these trips are active in the church and tend to have a good reputation within the congregation. On the last Hawaii trip, two people came back and began a relationship. On the Romania trip I went on last October, two came back, got engaged and are getting married next week. Nothing improper happens on these trips for everyone is cautious to conduct themselves to avoid even a hint of inappropriate behavior but watching others serve God with all their heart demonstrates a very appealing quality and shows the condition of a person's heart.

More than anything else my desire will be to serve and let God do whatever He wants to do. If he wants to ignite a romantic interest, He knows I am receptive but that interest has to be subservient to my relationship with Him. Likewise I wouldn't want to be interested in a woman who would put me before the Lord.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
OP Offline
My men's group brought up a topic that I wanted to take note of. It actually is an off shoot of the thread "How is your R with your X?" The deeper question is How is your X's R with You?

This morning the guys agreed that I have grown and distanced myself from X since last year. Then one of they guys pointed out that X hasn't grown. It was a WOW moment in that we all realized she still thinks that she can dictate my behavior. When she is not pleased about something, she expects that if she voices her displeasure, I should respond as if I were her husband. Consequently, she gets very frustrated when I don't react the way she wants OR if I ignore her all together. \:o

I had not really looked at her actions from that angle but when I did, it made a lot of sense to me. The old dance we did when we were married is a dance I no longer dance (it did take some time to stop reacting when the music played but I have learned). So, I now have a little more understanding that when she expects me to react the way she wants and that when it does not happen, she will be frustrated.

"Sorry babe, dance this dance by yourself. "

Committed2Him- "C2H"
D
D

bwahaha, that's funny. Couldn't help but remember this scene: Smiley Sauce

Congrats on your upcoming trip! It sounds wonderful. Plan to be on the beach before sunrise for your daily prayer and meditation. I can still vividly remember riding a Harley through the mountains along the coast of Maui, watching the fog burn off as the sun came up.

You'll have an incredible time. Prayers sent for those you encounter and your safe return.

-db

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard