Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
P
OP Offline
P
IMHO, if you both agree that you are not really M anymore, it's not an issue. Since I'm not advocating this for anyone else, I don't think it needs to be an issue on my thread.

So, I'm waiting for my L to finish up what I hope will be my final offer. I've accepted H's offer, but there are a few loose ends that were not put in it (e.g. health insurance deductibles, dog expenses).

Mortgage rates have dropped again, so that's good for me. I've got a variable rate (or at least, I will when the funds are actually disbursed), as the rates are expected to keep dropping for the next couple of years.

This is going to be my first summer in four years w/o major marriage issues to worry about, assuming the D is done by then - which it should be. In 04, things were starting to get really bad; in 05, he left; in 06, it was all the S stress; 07 was that plus working on the D. Oh boy, it will be nice to have a summer for myself, mentally at least. It will give me a good chance to really get myself together and be independent, and also relax a bit!

Oh yeah, Mr. Hottie was in a documentary on tv the other night, about his work (not in English). *sigh* He's such a cutie! He was very excited about it, and it was actually very interesting, and not just b/c I like watching him, lol!

Have a good day all!

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself
My thread: Trusting God's Plan
F
fig Offline
F
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

I am sure it had nothing to do with you liking to watch him!!!
;\)

my 1st summer for myself was amazing

you will love it

I woke up with a smile most all the time!!!

are you working over the summer too???

A
amd Offline
A
So what do you have planned for this first summer of Princess Nicola?

amd
A
A
How fun to see Mr. Hottie on TV, you can admire and check him out with total abandon! Woohoo, got ahead of myself there.

I like your attitude about your first summer, thanks for sharing it!

Hugs, nic.
AH

P
OP Offline
P
No, I'm not working, but I haven't decided what I will be doing. Sadly, I do not have unlimited funds, despite my royal status. \:\(

And yes, AH, I did tape it, hee hee! ;\)

C
C
wow princess, since 04? bleah, my saga started in the fall of 06.

Not much money here but plan to have a good time anyways, even if I have to camp with the kids at the beach (we camped out one year, when H was human), and it was nice, and my kids are the outdoorsy type, they'd like it \:\)

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
P
OP Offline
P
I have just been re-reading Change your Life, Michele's non-M DB book, i.e. her theories applied to life in general. It realy is a good read and a good reminder to set goals to become the person I want to be, instead of vaguely thinking about "becoming stronger, better, etc."

Goals

Physical/Health:
- eat three healthy meals a day
- continue to go to boxing 1 x week

Emotional:
- monitor self-talk: be positive about me/value myself

Spiritual:
- spend time in prayer and meditation every night before bed, w/o falling asleep!

Relationships:
- be more patient with kids: deep breath before yelling
- spend 15 mins/day with each one alone doing what they want
- be open to a romantic R, but not focused on it

House:
- get estimate for work to be done and set it up

A
ACJ Offline
A
You always were good at focusing down on goals Nic.

Keep it up

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
A
A
those goals are terrific, they are so specific and concrete. I'm going to borrow a couple of them verbatim for my own list.

Hope your Sunday is going well.

Hugs,
AH

G
G
Oh, the lovely Princess Nicola. I found you. Thanks so much for stopping by my thread and saying hello. I read your threads and think you are so special... you remind me of a lead character in a fun novel - someone you can completely fall in love with, connect to, root on and hate when the novel ends - but at least it has a happy ending. I KNOW your story will have a happy ending as well. How could it not? You have so much going for you and sooooo much to offer the universe.

Thanks for sharing your story with us. You give me hope - not necessarily that I can save my marriage, but that I can be strong and fabulous no matter what.

xoxoxoxo,
me

M: 37
H: 36
Married: Aug 13, 2004
Decision to Divorce: July 20, 2008
Reconciled: September 2008
Current: Ambivalence
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard