Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
P
Originally Posted By: Goinbatty
Sounds like Tom did though 'cause of the space before the ? mark.

Well, he's got the punctuation down! lol! I teach English lit at the college level, but a lot of my students are French-speaking, so that's why I noticed. Plus, I guess I'm maybe a bit weird, ha!

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself
My thread: Trusting God's Plan
S
S
Quote:
Plus, I guess I'm maybe a bit weird, ha!

No doubt eh you hoser nic

Whats up AT ?? Where the heck have you been hiding out at? Spoken with Ty lately?

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

No Hill: I'm sure Country & Western counts in the music world of language. Hey, I'm feeling agreeable - so let's count it as a REAL language too. - TWANG! (and NO - the first name is not SHANIA!)

Barb

Hey GB: "Cleveland Rocks!!!!" I've been there a few times myself, mostly driving to Notre Dame or Cedar Point. My kids would go on annual class trips to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. Must get there myself sometime. I must be losing it - I didn't get the connection to the Doors song, though I do love the Doors.

Here in Niagara we have a very large Italian population and my neighbourhood is abou 90% Italian, though we are not. We always joke about how we're the only family whose name doesn't end in a vowel and my kids were the only blondes in their school (and Italian Catholic school - we're not Catholic either but who cares?)

I love cultural diversity, though - it makes the Melting Pot known as Canada. I can understand Italian (living here you would), but that also comes from studying Spanish which came quite naturally to me and has also been quite useful.

I've not been to Port Stanley, though I plan to go next month as there is a store I want to go to and I'll be in London (Ontario). Ex and I once went to a Bed and Breakfast in Port Dover. I took him there as a surprise. Thinking back - I remember him being HORRIBLE. So much for appreciation! Well, that thought has once again reinforced why I'm better off without him - LOL!

Barb

G
G
"I didn't get the connection to the Doors song, though I do love the Doors." Duh?
Was that a blonde moment? (notice no space between end of sentence and "?" mark)
I don't go anywhere near the R & R hall, hits a bad nerve with me and don't want anything to do with those people. Emanates from a case I controlled defending a photographer a few years back those jerks filed suit against. Arrogant scarey bunch that got their heads handed back to 'em by the court as deserved. (case cite available upon request however if one wants to get to the meat of the matter start on page 17 of http://law.wustl.edu/journal/2/p517spence.pdf )
OK I admit dry stuff, but you have to understand I like to roll around in the mud 'til the other side understands they are dealing with a greased pig - and then I poke 'em in the eye.
(The plain English translation in one paragraph of what would of happend had R * R won their case is also available upon request)
OK, I digressed.
The Catholics don't care, where you came from, if you want a decent education (and that goes for Lutherans, Church of the Brethern, Methodist etc.), it's all about quality education and all of them doing their best to produce the best. Doesn't matter the hair color.
(OH, flashback, I dated a very well grounded Lutheran minister's daughter ((from a very well to do family)) in high school and early days of college and messed up and let her get away do to our clash of politics - and come to think of it Italian/Irish and me clash on politics - but at least have senese enough not to "go there" (((oh dear,history repeating))).
O, digressed again.
Well, if you are around PS or there about on your trip to London (Ontario, which I also found a very nice place), let me know if you find any little shacks still serving up "fish and chips" - with vingegar of course.
To everyone else stopping in on Tom's thread (and Tom let me thank you for stepping on your thread), thank you so much for letting me have a great big smile on my face.
U guys and gals are great!
May His peace be with you and yours.

F
F
*sigh*

I only speak hillbilly. And western. And hardware.

*sigh*

J

A
OP Offline
A
Happy Easter Everyone!

Tom

W
W
At

Happy Surviving Easter ... or Survived ... depending I guess. Maybe it is a Belated Happy Surviving. Keep it up.

G
G
Hope you survived the Easter break in fine form.
Back to "normal" eh?

L
L
Hiya Tommy Pants.

I miss your pics. Smooches.

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis