Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
OP Offline
A
I will do just that btw.. yes.. I will !!

Had a fun day today.. X came to pick up the kids this evening for a few hours.. I said to her.. " Hey , you look really nice in that outfit"... as she was in the foyer around the corner.. she replied " oh.. thank you !"..

I never saw her and she did not see me..

anyway.. I made the lady happy at the local Dollar Store happy today when I told her she had nice ears.. She was wearing bunny ears at the register ( or the till.. um.. WII.. if you are listening, eh ?)

That is all.

Tom

P
P
Tom

I've never posted to you, but there's something that I've been wondering about for a long time: Is English your first language? You write like it is, but you put a space before your ? and ! like in French.

Can you tell I'm an English teacher?!

Nicola

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself
My thread: Trusting God's Plan
A
OP Offline
A
Hi Nic ,

I just speak fluent Tom I suppose ? That is my native language atleast that is what my friends tell me.. but what do I know ? I can speak a little N. Ontario though, eh ? \:\)

Nice to talk to you btw...

Tom

Oh my God, Tom - then we speak the same language, eh! I live in Southern Ontario but cottage in Northern Ontario. We Canucks do like our pop and maple syrup and salmon and vinegar on our fries, eh?

Barb

G
G
BD, depending upon your location in southern Ontario, Tom is not that far across the puddle called Lake Erie. I grew up on its shores (well, where I grew up there was a 60' cliff - a minor detail), but remember well spending a few summers in St. Thomas.
Some of us yanks across the puddles in between can speak pretty good Canuck. I never did get a good grip on the French Canadian language thing. Sounds like Tom did though 'cause of the space before the ? mark.

GB: Well those of us who live here who are supposed to be Bilingual are not always so either. I studied French from 4th through 12th Grades. I have been to Quebec and France several times. I can understand and make myself known but I'm nowhere near fluent. - They talk so fast! LOL!

I am very close to Lake Erie - was in Crystal Beach yesterday, but it is a VERY BIG LAKE! I live about 2 miles from the Falls.

Barb

W
W
Tom

My Easter eggs started quivering so I knew I should check your thread. Wish I had been at the counter when you told her "nice ears"

I could thrown in a "cute tail too!!!"

Of course, I'm assuming she did have one, or didn't you notice?

Good fun with the X also, eh? You should have tried to see how far you could push the limits. You know, throw in a "that color really looks good on you" or a "Is that outfit new, I don't think I've ever seen it before?"

N
N
Quote:
Well those of us who live here who are supposed to be Bilingual

I know country and western! Does that count?

"All I want is a weeks pay for a day's work"
Steve Martin

G
G
Jeepers Barb, at that location Erie's not much more than a wide river. It was always a nice sail across from around Cleveland over to Port Stanley(? I think that was name of the place). The prevailing winds were good both up and back, and you could sail back and forth across the border when I was much much younger without hassle. There was a little place ,not much bigger than a shack near the PS shore that served up "Fish & Chips" on newspaper, no utensils, didn't need 'em. Loved the vinegar on the "chips" and the fish (perch). Always the first place we went once we set anchor.
Talk about bilingual though, I grew up in easter side of Cleveland. I spoke five languages by the time I was five. Had to if I wanted to play with the rest of the kids in the neighborhood.The house was just at the edge of other ethnic neighborhoods and none of us kids thought much of it. Of course my poor dad was always confused at the dinner table (I'd tend to forget we spoke English, Slovenian or Gaelic at home depending upon which grandparents were around) when I'd jabber away in Polish ,German,Ukranian, Yiddish or whatever. Heck I didn't know (I was only five) my dad didn't know those languages like I did.
About ten years back I was out doing my job with one of my coworkers inspecting an importer's warehouse and running some tests on product. The guy who had the import company was so bad at English, I finally kicked into Russian to make it a lot simpler for both of us. U should have seen the look on my coworkers face! Priceless!
But I'd never survive in k-beck (southern Ohioan for Quebec).
Of course as luck would have it, my present gal pal is from an Irish/Italian family. Doesn't know a spec of Gaelic, but if she gets upset, OH, the Italian flows forth! (I think it's just as well I don't know that one.) Thanks for dredging up some pleasant memories BD, sorry to step on the thread Tom. Tom, hope the Easter break is going well with the youngsters.
Happy Easter to all that stop by this thread.

Well AT I don't speak French but I do like the title of this thread, you see the Doors are one of my favorite bands. Not sure if anyone else picked up on that connection?

Me 45
WAW 46
Married 23yrs
D22
S18
D12
W moved out 1/12/07
Divorce Final 2/06/08
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard