Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
saffie #1393808 03/18/08 04:32 PM
J
J
Saffie,

Very little reason to get upset.
Basically after a few years of not being around the rules are in effect.
Nuff said.

Its BS, but, ahhhhh its our sanctuary, you know as long as we all play nice, and tow the line. Its all unicorns and rainbows for breakfast.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

S
S
The reason I am upset about this is because I email some people about certain things I do not want public on this board. OK if they don't want me posting my email details in my posts by why let me put it as public in my profile as a choice for months and then remove that with NO explanation?

Saffie
me 46
H 46
M in 1986
D20,D18,S16,D13
H's A 01/05 to 07/06
H recommitted to M 07/06
renewed vows 09/06
Going from strength to strength
J
J
Post deleted by Virginia

Last edited by Jack_Three_Beans; 03/18/08 08:17 PM.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

D
D
I also noticed that you can't do multiple searches one after another. They make you wait for a period of time.

What's up with that?

Everybody hurts. It's part of life. Don't miss the good stuff.
S
S
Jack,

At least I think they could explain the reasons for the changes - is that too much to ask for?

Don't get me wrong, this isn't taking over my life or anything - I just dislike people arbitrarily changing things without any reasonable explanation. Things worked well - why change then?

Even you say you don't like the changes - so why not say so and stand up for yourself?

Saffie
me 46
H 46
M in 1986
D20,D18,S16,D13
H's A 01/05 to 07/06
H recommitted to M 07/06
renewed vows 09/06
Going from strength to strength
saffie #1394126 03/18/08 09:27 PM
Dear DB'ers,

We have recently updated our board rules by more clearly defining our policy concerning a few things. We'd like to remind everyone that use of these messageboards requires acceptance of the following terms and conditions:

- Participants shall not post any material that is likely to cause offense, is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right - or that contains personal contact information, phone numbers, email addresses, or any other addresses.
- Participants shall treat each other with respect, refraining from rudeness and foul language.
- Participants may not use the forums to post or transmit advertisements or commercial solicitations of any kind.
- The forum Administrators and Moderators have the right to edit, move, censor, delete or otherwise modify any posted message.
- This web site does not verify or guarantee the accuracy of the material posted to the forums or bear any responsibility for any loss, damage, or other liabilities caused by any posted message.

This is a public forum. Exchanging private contact information with other users is not allowed. Our purpose in making this messageboard available to you is to offer you a place to publicly give and receive DivorceBusting help, and to support one another in saving your marriages and keeping your families together. It was never our intention to provide a means of privately connecting with others via the internet. There are many other sites where that is encouraged. This is not one of them. We are here to help and support you via this public forum.

We appreciate your cooperation in honoring these policies.

Michele Weiner-Davis
The Divorce Busting Center

Transform your marriage with a private 2-day intensive with Michele Weiner-Davis. http://www.themarriageintensive.com
Email michele@divorcebusting.com
saffie #1394129 03/18/08 09:29 PM
J
J
sigh...

look closer at my message. : )

Jack --

You're a cleaver guy! HOWEVER, if you want to continue posting here you must not post ANY personal contact information. Please consider this an official warning.

I do hope you'll decide to follow our rules. We'd really like you to stay around.

Michele Weiner-Davis

Transform your marriage with a private 2-day intensive with Michele Weiner-Davis. http://www.themarriageintensive.com
Drew #1394199 03/18/08 10:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Drew
I also noticed that you can't do multiple searches one after another. They make you wait for a period of time.

What's up with that?

Drew -

This is nothing new. Perhaps you just didn't notice before. The waiting time between searches is necessary to control the load put on our server. It's a technical solution to keep the site running smoothly.

Michele Weiner-Davis

V
V
Originally Posted By: Virginia
Originally Posted By: Drew

What's up with that?

Drew -

This is nothing new. Perhaps you just didn't notice before. The waiting time between searches is necessary to control the load put on our server. It's a technical solution to keep the site running smoothly.

Thank goodness for this one, as searches bring the system to a crawl! They are probably the cause of many a double post.

As far as the off board contact thing, well, I disagree with it, but I don't get a vote. I know for a fact that many good DB related things happen off board, when time is really important, and hoping someone will see a post just doesn't cut it. of course, I imagine there has been non DB activity as well. So there you go.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard