Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Tom,
look at Trip and Far.. They have a long distance relationship and are doing awsome!

found out about affair 8/06
H moves out Nov/06
D final 8/07
X re marries OW 5/08

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: BaseballAnnie
It's classic co-dependency.

I never really thought about it in those terms BA. I just found her attractive in so many ways, so I pursued her and she returned the interest. I never really thought about the long distance thing until after the fact. To many butterflies in the stomach at the time to wonder about the long term implications.

If she lived closer and there was a possibility for a long term relationship, I think I would have still pursued her. I don't really think I'm emotionally "shut down or unavailable any more." I was there for awhile, but it's not in my character to remain there. I'm really a pretty sociable guy to begin with so it seems natural.

I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic. There has been a lot of healing for me that last couple of years. I don't want to erect walls around my hart any longer. I like the adventure!

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
Originally Posted By: Astimegoeson
I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic. There has been a lot of healing for me that last couple of years. I don't want to erect walls around my hart any longer. I like the adventure!

Nothing wrong with that!

Last edited by BaseballAnnie; 01/03/08 03:45 AM.
S
S
Tom, a hopeless romantic? Ummmm well....ok.......

Are you coming down in May dude? I want to see just how hopeless you really are this year?

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

A
OP Offline
A
I'd love to come back down there this May Ian!

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
gee a personal invite Tom! is May invite only or can I come back

found out about affair 8/06
H moves out Nov/06
D final 8/07
X re marries OW 5/08

L
L
Originally Posted By: Astimegoeson
Thanks Kym!

I hope yours was good to!

BTW, your right about sis setting me up! There are advantages to having 5 Sisters... \:\)

I wish I could say the same is true with 5 brothers.... but I'm afraid it kinda works the opposite in this case!!!

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
S
S
May is a joyous time of year... I will be posting more on that in the next month as I am negotiating a block of rooms with the Westin Downtown right now to get y'all a better rate.

I am hoping we will have a good crowd this year as we did last year. It should be a lot of fun. The bands will be announced in March and I will post a link to it when it comes time. Everyone needs to try and get the following Monday off this year. Sunday was by far the best day last year.

By the way, if you go to Utube and search memphis in May, there are some great videos from last year. I was hoping the dude who passed out and crapped himself would be on there, but no such luck..... Now that was funny..........

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

S
S
Happy new year, tom! glad you had a good holiday. you sound good.

interesting points BA made.

M-41
H-38
M-10 years, T-14 years
Bomb-PA 3/19/07
Separated-6/7/07
Piecing/h back home 5/08
S-6
S-4
D-4

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says, 'I'll try again tomorrow.'"

-Mary Anne Radmacher
A
OP Offline
A
Hey M!!!

Good to hear from you. Happy New Year yourself. So your New Year resolution is to give up the coke?

-Mark Twain
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard