Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#1315331 01/03/08 02:18 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Awwww yes, the saga continues. Looks like I didn't get served on Christmas Eve or New Years Eve as my stbx wished. It appears her Lawyer doesn't have her bitter interest at hart. The papers were not filed until last Friday, so I guess I'll receive them tomorrow or Friday. It really doesn't make a difference to me at this point, but I did find the delay between her threat and the actual filing a bit interesting.

I've been checking the offender web site daily to see if her OM has been granted parole, but there is no decision yet. At least not officially. I thought she may be pushing harder for the D since he may be getting out soon and they can live happily ever after. The only reason she would want a D before being with him is to deceive her friends and family on the timing. She wants them to believe she didn't have any interest in him before we split up. It's really cosmetic to her at this point, but I want to get it out of the way and move on as well, so I guess it works out for both of us. If she needs props and deception to define herself, then so be it. Her problem, not mine!

Last week the OW from out of State came and stayed with me. We had a good time, but I think we both knew the distance thing was going to become a huge barrier to our relationship progressing. After she left, we sort of slowed down on the communications. She told me she couldn't do the long distance thing and I understood. I'm gonna miss her, but I have a date with a Woman from Briton next weekend. My Sister introduced us. She is over here on business for another year, so this should be interesting. I dig that accent! Maybe there is a reason I'm attracted to out of State/out of Country Woman, but I can't figure it out.

Anyway, I hope everyone's Christmas and New Years were good. Mine were the most relaxing and stress free I've had in 3 years. It's true that it gets a little easier as time goes on.

Cheers!

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
glad you had a good holiday! sorry the long distance person did not work out , but the next one sounds promising especially if your sis knows her! good luck!

found out about affair 8/06
H moves out Nov/06
D final 8/07
X re marries OW 5/08

A
OP Offline
A
Thanks Kym!

I hope yours was good to!

BTW, your right about sis setting me up! There are advantages to having 5 Sisters... \:\)

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
Originally Posted By: Astimegoeson
Maybe there is a reason I'm attracted to out of State/out of Country Woman, but I can't figure it out.

Unavailability.

K
K
It does make for a nice defense against another painful relationship experience.

On the other hand, some women have very sexy accents that they didn't get growing up where I did. \:\)

My sitch
More importantly, Light A Million Candles
A
OP Offline
A
Maybe BBA! It would be interesting to see what the vital statistics in my area say about single vs married age 35 to 50.

-Mark Twain
No, you misunderstood me.

I meant, you go after women who are unavailable.

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: koshka
It does make for a nice defense against another painful relationship experience.

You know koshka, that's exactly what my friends say about it. Maybe there is some truth to it.

-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
That could be BBA. I really thought this last one from out of State was really a good match for me as far as compatibility and interest goes, but I knew deep down that I had no intention to quit my job and move closer to her. I knew she wasn't going to do that for me either. I guess that infatuation buzz we both had was the only thing that kept us going for as long as we did.

-Mark Twain
It's classic co-dependency.

You pursue someone who reflects something about yourself, in your case, you are emotionally unavailable. So you pursue someone who's either emotionally unavailable, or actually unavailable.

Look at your former spouse. She's pretty classically emotionally unavailable.

And now the new man in her life is, um, where? Prison.

Hello.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard