This from a client who wrote to me about how his DB Coach is helping him save his marriage. He told me to post his story to inspire anyone else who may be feeling hopeless and to let you know that help is available:

"Dear Virginia,

My marriage situation was very dismal. In fact my wife and I both had attorneys and were full speed toward divorce. We have been separated for 7 months now and had hardly spoken or contacted each other, except through attorneys. I really thought it was the end. Something inside me felt like this was not right. I contacted Divorce Busting to set up some coaching.

I did not want to lose my marriage, but I thought it was too late. I spoke with my DB Coach, Jody and explained the situation to her. I told her of our major problem of conflict over my wife's children (my step-children). She asked about the children's history. Jody helped me to understand some of where my wife was coming from. My wife's children had been through a lot with her first divorce and their mother's raising them by herself afterwards. As a result of Jody's encouragement I wrote a letter to my wife explaining that I understood why the children behaved the way they did. What I had thought was misbehavior was a way for her children to cope with the upheaval in their world. Jody also encouraged me to listen to my what my wife was trying to tell me - what I was not hearing. She just wanted a man to be there, be compassionate and protecting. Jody also encouraged me to not deny what my wife was saying but listen to hear her heart.

We were a thin thread away from divorce and I had lost most hope. My wife and I have started communicating through text messaging - this is more than we had done in the last 6 months. I have hope now that there will be restoration. I know it is still a tough road because of all the bad feelings, but it will be worthwhile. I also have been reading "Divorce Busting" and the SBT method. This is revolutionary to me because I thought you had to spend years in counseling to unlock your past before you could have a close marriage. My wife is of the same opinion (I am trying to think of a way to get her to read the book - someday). I am very excited about the future and the rebuilding and renewing of our marriage. I know divorce is definitely not the answer. Thank you Jody for helping me to start the healing and reconciliation process with Laura. (By the way - I have dismissed all divorce actions and fired my attorney)

Best Regards,

Mark"

Michele Weiner-Davis
The Divorce Busting Center

Transform your marriage with a private 2-day intensive with Michele Weiner-Davis. http://www.themarriageintensive.com
Email michele@divorcebusting.com