Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
W
W
Lissie

You are going to make me go to the gym now, aren't you? Dam your super powers!!!! How can I not go when I have a new pair of shoes, a new bag, and ... and ... what am I missing? Help me out here.

We seem to need a new name for Javiar. He did not go to NZ, but he is speaking Kiwi. Let me get this into context if it is possible. He is now telling you this has been some kind of test, to see if he is going to want to come back, and to see if you will ever be ready? Please ... let's hold back the laughter for now.

Many of us have chanted that he will never find someone better than you. He will try to return. That part is understood, right?

But now. Why now? Why the D first? Will he be one of those to back out of the D at the last minute? Would that make him your knight on shining armored pony? Is that something like the cover story he thinks he needs to return with dignity? Is that what Latin Kiwis do?

I suspect we don't know. I suspect we will never understand his thinking, even after he makes up his mind. My question is, so what? And not in a negative way. What if he says let's wait ... in court? Do you say hell no, I'm done. Do you say give me 30 or 90 days to think?

Do you say, 90 days of counseling, no contact between kids and OW, and then we will reconsider our future?

Or do you think he is setting you up to be his new OW after the D? The world's most egregious cake eater?

What do you tell the kids, and when? He says let's wait. Why? So he can avoid feeling guilty during holidays? You have the right to say you are buying a book for kids to explain D and you want to know ... when .... on your way to court or after you get home that day? They have rights to know.

But for now, let's just talk about what works for you. Dressing up. New shoes. Being happy with friends. Loving your kids. So how are you going to do more of this before the D? What new shoes will he see? What new outfit? What will you do with the kids that they love the most?

How will you create a walking billboard that says "I will be ok after the D, ... wait, even better - and Javiar will not get to share!!!"

I could see this doing multiple things. Of course he will drool and be reminded what he is losing. But your kids will not see you dreading the Day. They will not associate the coming days as being the end of time as we know it. If you do eventually sit with them in bed and read a book about why mommy and daddy don't live together any more, you can honestly tell them that this is how it has been and will be ... only now there is a piece of paper and that is all that has changed. They are still loved by both of you more than anything in the world.

Any response this gets from Javiar must be taken at an arms length. You would have real trouble knowing if he is serious, eating cake, or just playing some game. But you won't have to worry about that if it doesn't happen. Whatever you do ... do it for you and those babies that need you to reach for the stars.

L
Lissie Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Quote:
Dam your super powers!!!!

FINALLY, a man that realizes that I have some ;\) And Kiss number 1 for you.

Quote:
We seem to need a new name for Javiar.

Latin Kiwi ROFLMAO. (J, can I please?)

Quote:
Many of us have chanted that he will never find someone better than you.

Kiss Number 2 for you.

Quote:
What if he says let's wait ... in court?

After i deck him, I will say, hold on to your ballz sweetie, b/c what you have to do is gonna be alot.

Quote:
Or do you think he is setting you up to be his new OW after the D?

Oh no honey, I value my new self.
2nd best, never again.

Quote:
Whatever you do ... do it for you and those babies that need you to reach for the stars.

I will, I love you, thank you. Kiss number 3.

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
S
S
Damn Chappy, make it hard for a guy why don't you....

Lissie Bean, you tell Dr, Zhivago to back the hell off.... Jeesh.... Now while I understand completely why any man would fall for you and be whipped by your magnetism, he is just not ready to handle you..........

Besides there are so many on the boards that would be devastated should the Lissie bean be taken off the market so quickly.....

Hell, Chappy would never ever enter your closet again.......

Is mr. Puffpastry on crack? Not ever tell the kids.... He never ceases to amaze me. So what is his incredible excuse for not telling them????

I never post to you.....jeesh........

Where the hell is BA anyway... This board break has gone on long enough wouldnt you say......

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

L
Lissie Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Quote:
Hell, Chappy would never ever enter your closet again.......

Chappy will always be in my closet, right lovey?

Quote:
Besides there are so many on the boards that would be devastated should the Lissie bean be taken off the market so quickly.....

You are so cute , when you drink.

The romantic ones are all taken already.

Besitos for you my Jewmuffin.

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
Originally Posted By: Lissie
The romantic ones are all taken already.

define "taken".

Scott: 38
X: 39
M: 13yrs D: 12/12/08
S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA
Bomb: 8/10/06 S: 01/07 Asked for D: 05/07 Mediation 07/07

"And when all's been said and done
It's the things that are given, not won
Are the things that you want"
- Gomez; See the World
S
S
lissie,

wow, you have a lot on your plate! I think you are doing great...glad your little one is doing better, and so impressed to hear about how strong you are, how focused you are on yourself and your needs. and hell yeah about the shoes! \:\)

M-41
H-38
M-10 years, T-14 years
Bomb-PA 3/19/07
Separated-6/7/07
Piecing/h back home 5/08
S-6
S-4
D-4

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says, 'I'll try again tomorrow.'"

-Mary Anne Radmacher
K
K
Lissie,

I hope you and the kids go to the party and have a great time.

The kids do need to hear (some of) the truth about the divorce. You don't want to confuse them about what "married" means, do you? There are a lot of books and articles about how to tell them. The gist of what I've seen is that it's easier for them if both parents can tell them together and if you both know what you'll say to their questions. If Javier won't tell them, you might have to tell them by yourself, but they do deserve to know what they can understand about it.

Oh, and I hope you and the kids go to the party and have a greater time! \:\)

Thanks,

Joe

My sitch
More importantly, Light A Million Candles
CHAPPY!!!
I can not for the life of me understand why you are single or WTH your wife was thinking!

brue

I'm alive, I'm happy - why shouldn't I tell the world I've got my head screwed back on just fine.
Life is good for the Brue!
W
W
Well, Brue ... see it is like this. You don't speak Alienish so you couldn't possible understand the X. And you know what is most odd? When she looks in the mirror and talks to herself, it all reflects backward and the words become impossible for her to understand either.

Now, as for why I'm single .... I guess it's cuz you're M.

Wow Lissie,

Just catching up after my absence.

Your ex is definitely more nuts than mine was and I thought mine was a bit out there at times.

Good for you on making Christmas special for them. \:\)

Thank you for your support while I was so down. It meant a lot.

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard