Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18
R
R
Originally Posted By: swashy
Her choice man. Could be a poor one...but it is still her's to make. My W is Catholic...didn't stop her. Of course ever since she started her A she hasn't had much interest in church anymore. Her parents, who are also Catholic, even support her. Pretty convenient if you ask me...but those are their choice to make.

swashy,

Yes. Her choice. I know the "supportive Christian family" thing all too well. It is interesting. How would her family felt if I was f*c@ing around on her and decided to D her? My bet is they would have wanted to string me up by my balls! It is interesting how people will twist their religious beliefs based on the sitch...

I am going to leave all of that in God's hands..................

RMG

Last edited by RMG; 08/20/07 08:09 PM.

"The bad things in life open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before." from "Good Will Hunting"

swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
Yup...her dad would have fing killed me! No doubt about it. Although I don't think her dad really knows much more than she "had a friend". He even got in my face and screamed at me on Christmas Eve in front of my son. Never said a damn thing about it.

Scott: 38
X: 39
M: 13yrs D: 12/12/08
S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA
Bomb: 8/10/06 S: 01/07 Asked for D: 05/07 Mediation 07/07

"And when all's been said and done
It's the things that are given, not won
Are the things that you want"
- Gomez; See the World
R
R
Yup...her dad would have fing killed me! No doubt about it. Although I don't think her dad really knows much more than she "had a friend". He even got in my face and screamed at me on Christmas Eve in front of my son. Never said a damn thing about it.

swashy,

What did he say?

RMG

"The bad things in life open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before." from "Good Will Hunting"

swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh God man...long time ago...not sure i want to drag that one back out. I had gotten mad at my W for not paying the tax bill on some land I owned - really was more a culmination of things I guess...but he got wind of it and as soon as I walked through the door, he gave me attitude, then he yelled at my S and when I called him out on it, he freaked. He did later kind of apologize..but whatever. "I wasted 12 years of my life on you!"...uhhhh whatever dude. Just a friggin' joke.

Meanwhile my family hugs her and does everything for us. Typical

S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA

- Gomez; See the World
swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
Just wanted to pop on and say..what an amazing night. Took my little girl to a Pawtucket PawSox game. Had blast with her. Just me and her. She was super sweet all night. We talked and talked all night - barely noticed the game. Sometimes I'm just amazed at how far our R has come over the past 6-9 months. God I love that little girl.

Pawsox did lose 8-6 but had chance in the 9th - so it was exciting. The real Sox however did ok - 6-0 Woot! Didn't think she'd last the whole game but she did great. She is just such an amazing little girl.

S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA

- Gomez; See the World
\:\)

Me: 37
M: 14 yrs
Separated 10/06; Filed for D 12/07
Life is good.
swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
Ugh....so my boss just pulled me into his office. Turns out that by the end of the quarter, he is no longer going to be my boss. Sucks! They have given him a new position in the company - which he is not happy about. My promotion is not "through" yet...and now that he is not going to be my boss...not sure what will happen with that. Keeping my fingers crossed. I suggested that he try and make one of my fellow product managers the new VP of product management. He thouught that would be a good idea. He's certainly capable of it and it would give a lot of stability to the group...and probably ensure my promotion too. Otherwise who knows what kind of a bozo they could hire.

So now it is time for me work my butt off again to try and make sure the CEO has no issues with giving me the promotion...because it sounds like it is really in his lap now.

S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA

- Gomez; See the World
Hey Scott-

That's a great attitude to have - just do the best you can, since it's all you really have control over in a situation like this.

Hmmm...seems like I've heard that somewhere around here before.

Sounds like despite a little more uncertainty, you're still in a potentially in a pretty good position right now though.

Kev

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
-Confucius

"God alone decides the contest; but we must put our shoulders to the wheel."
-Adm. D.G. Farragut

Kevin-38; XW-36
M-2.5, together 4
Bomb-1/6/07; D-6/27/07
swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
mmmm...not fun. But you are right Kev - I can only do what I can so there is no point about stressing about the rest. I'll work my butt of and just let the chips fall where they may. We'll see. It's just all political crap anyway. Oh well.

On the bright side, one of the sales guys is moving to the UK so we are having a going away party for him and I just helped carry two cases of beer into the office. \:\)

S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA

- Gomez; See the World
one of the sales guys is moving to the UK so we are having a going away party for him and I just helped carry two cases of beer into the office.

My sympathy for you dwindles.

Explore the studio!

Kev

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
-Confucius

"God alone decides the contest; but we must put our shoulders to the wheel."
-Adm. D.G. Farragut

Kevin-38; XW-36
M-2.5, together 4
Bomb-1/6/07; D-6/27/07
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis