Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
MAL Offline
When life gets you down and you feel like throwing in the towel, sometimes it helps to close your eyes, lean back, and think to yourself...

"What would Willie do?"

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
This is surviving. There is no such thing as a normal life, there's just life. So get on with it and enjoy it!
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone.

Boy, all the way down on page 3, even with Mal's post (thanks Mal).

Well, another weekend under the belt and I survived. Didn't get anything for Valentine's Day and our 24th Anniversary was Monday...nothing there either. I got her a card for both days and flowers on Valentine's.

Other than those two overlooked milestones, nothing happened this weekend to distinguish it from any other. I went out Thursday night, did a lot of cleaning Friday and Saturday...she went out to some meeting then out with friends Friday, Saturday she went "to the store for a few minutes" and was gone until almost 10pm.

Same kind of thing on Sunday but she was back for dinner. Overall I think I did pretty well though. I kept my mouth shut and got caught up on some stuff around the house. It's almost ready for the realtor now.

We did have an argument Monday. She started the discussion about something...and I made the comment that "she could do whatever she wanted"...then added an unnecessary crack about how she would anyway. It went downhill from there. I didn't get mad, but didn't try to validate anything she said either. Frankly, I'm getting tired of doing that.

She finally ran out of gas on listing my failures and we ended up going to YS's game and to see D that afternoon. Even had an OK dinner and came home. Another day in the life....

Hey, this is weird though. W bought some of those teeth-whitening strips at the store Sunday. She had been talking about getting it done at the dentist's forever, but keeps putting it off. Anyway, she buys these things and then insists that I try them with her. So I guess that counts as something we are doing together.

They hurt my teeth, but I've suffered through two days so far. Only 5 more to go! I didn't think her teeth looked bad, but you can tell a difference. It seems important to her so I'm suffering in silence...sort of.

I hope most of the rest of you had a little more excitement than I did.

Take care.

jstx
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
Talking about the anniversary this morning prompted me to look up some of my threads from last year. Man, what a basket case. W was either screaming at me, avoiding me, or avoiding me then calling me on the phone to scream at me...then hang up. I don't miss those days. I wasn't having a whole lot of fun and she was talking about suicide on a regular basis. Thank God, that part of all this is over. It scared the hell out of me. I guess this one was a bit of an improvement.

Last year, I didn't see W at all on either day. Just a short call on V-day. She completely ignored our anniversary. At least this time the argument was a short one and we had dinner afterwards.

I do get to see her every day. She's usually pleasant, even if she's somewhat withdrawn. She doesn't go out every night, and she's almost always back at the house by 9-10pm. Most importantly, she's been pretty stable. The mood swings aren't anywhere near what I saw this time last year. She would visibily shake anytime she was around me and act like she was some kind of caged animal. I never understood that.

Maybe, just maybe, three years, she's starting to come out of this tunnel. I still worry about her being happy and about our marriage but, looking back, it's been awhile since I've seriously had to worry about her just giving up on everything.

That makes me feel a little better.

Take care.

jstx
Probably a good idea when we are frustrated with where we are to see where we have been. The changes that you state are huge. I think it shows a change in her thinking, she is possibly changing at a rate slower than you would wish, but isn't that the case with most of them?

Did you Ganter is no longer offensive coordinator (forced out/quit? Has an adminstrative position now) and Galen Hall will now be offensive coordinator and RB coach. Jay Paterno is also being replaced. Press Conference today, speculation now all over the papers about JoePa. Just some news from Central PA.

Jackie

jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Dagney,

Yeah, I heard about the shake up at Penn State. They do need to do something. But I can't believe JoePa would get the axe. The only way he's leaving that job is feet first...and I hope that's a long time from now.

I think they need to look at the defense. I don't think they had a great last couple of seasons either...

It's all good though. There is always next year.

How are things with you?

jstx
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,

Boy, y'all are being real tough on the guys these past couple of days. Just an observation...we aren't all jerks. Well, at least, not all of us all of the time.....

Life goes on here...had a friend tell me that they don't post to me much anymore because, frankly, they are out of ideas. That's OK, because I am too. I have been for a long time. But I continue to wait for the thaw.

W is home and just this past week she's actually started taking an interest in what is going on around the house...even started helping with the cleaning a little. Thank God because I really hate the vacuum...and the ironing board. Me and the washer get along OK though and I pretty much stay ahead of the dishes.

Last night W told me she made an appointment w/her C again and said she'd started taking her Zoloft again two days ago...I figure that's a good sign. Still kind of chilly in the house but she's been home pretty much the past three days. That's unusual.

Anymore, it seems my role is supposed to be one of interested observer. I'm not allowed to help or suggest anything. Just watch and do what I'm told. SIGH.....

jstx
M
M
Just enjoy having her home and being on the road. She is at least making some effort.

Nothing I do Seems to work!
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
I think John Wayne said the secret to great acting was to:

"Talk low, talk slow, and say as little as possible"

And if anyone should know about great acting...it's the Duke.

I continually work on my ability to keep my mouth shut.

jstx
I've been meaning to tell you that I finally saw "The Quiet Man." There were ten seconds where it looked like he was really acting, which is ten seconds more than in any other John Wayne film. I still felt cheated, after all that build up.

"A man's character is his fate." -- Heraclitus
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
Z,

How can you say that???? It's classic!!!!

jstx
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard