Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#2944054 02/28/23 11:00 PM
OP Offline
The Surviving the Big D forum will be archived where its threads will still be accessible for viewing. A new forum titled Ongoing Divorce Busting has been created.

The board is getting a new look and getting back to its purpose. As the new forum’s name implies it’s about Divorce Busting. This site, this community, is designed to support, encourage, and educate people about Divorce Busting strategies and techniques to help them improve their relationships and save their marriages.

Ongoing Divorce Busting is for anyone from newbie to seasoned vet; for those starting out, to those reconciled, to those divorced, and everyone in between; for those standing to those who have stood down; anyone wishing to utilize divorce busting principles.

The forum For Newcomers will remain as well as the forum Midlife Crisis. A few of the other less used forums may be archived in the next while. The threads within those would remain and still be accessible.

For posters on Surviving the Big D, please feel free to create a new thread on the Ongoing Divorce Busting forum that reflects the mission of the Board. Discussion on this forum will be for those who wish to post anything that is directly related to their situation and how divorce busting can assist them and/or guidance in navigating their current situation. Most importantly, this forum will be where posters who have recently divorced and are trying to navigate their lives after post divorce can post and look for advice and/or support.

Archiving of the Surviving the Big D forum will take place in the near future. If you are interested in keeping copies of certain threads, now is the time to copy them to your hard drive, thumb drive and/or the cloud. Once the forum is archived posters will not be allowed to post to the threads.

How to copy threads:

- Find the thread you want.
- Click on Thread Options in upper left corner.
- Select Print Thread.
- That will bring up a new page in your browser with a print preview of the thread.
- Then Print to file.

NOTICE: Concurrent with the above we are running maintenance and pruning of the forums this week and next. If there are any Topics or Posts you want to keep, please save them asap, as they may be deleted.

WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO KEEP THE FORUMS UP AND RUNNING. HOWEVER, THERE MAY BE TIMES DURING THIS PROCESS WHEN THEY ARE DOWN. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING.

The Board will keep you apprised of any and all changes that will be taking place in the near future.

B
B
So you are getting rid of all threads from previous posters, such as Jack3Beans, Sandi, AmyC to name a very few of the people whose threads we vets refer to constantly to help the posters here?

Originally Posted by MicheleWeinerDavis
Most importantly, this forum will be where posters who have recently divorced and are trying to navigate their lives after post divorce can post and look for advice and/or support.

Forgive me for being obstuse, but isn't that what we are currently posting here on the postD forum?

Reading this, I'm sincerely unsure what I can and cannot continue to post????? And I spent a LOT of time not only DB my marriage but also paying for and working with a Divorce Busting Coach.

If I'm confused, I can only imagine how confusing this is to people with less experience here.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
C
C
This message is on the surviving forum not the new forum that is being rolled out.

Look at the top of the forum list page

Me-70, D37,S36
B
B
Hi Cadet,
I realize it's on the surviving forum. I intentionally posted it here because I'm sincerely confused about how what's being proposed is any different from what we already have, so why do it in the first place and why get rid of the Surviving section?

Originally Posted by Michele Weiner Davis
For posters on Surviving the Big D, please feel free to create a new thread on the Ongoing Divorce Busting forum that reflects the mission of the Board. Discussion on this forum will be for those who wish to post anything that is directly related to their situation and how divorce busting can assist them and/or guidance in navigating their current situation. Most importantly, this forum will be where posters who have recently divorced and are trying to navigate their lives after post divorce can post and look for advice and/or support.

I thought that bolded part is what we are already doing here in the Surviving section?

So, I ask again, why the re-do?

I would like some further clarity about what I can and cannot post, because this leaves a lot of room for misinterpretation.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
D
DnJ Offline
D
The Divorce Busting mission:

Originally Posted by Michele Weiner-Davis
This site, this community, is designed to support, encourage, and educate people about Divorce Busting strategies and techniques to help them improve their relationships and save their marriages.

Please post with that in mind to limit any misinterpretations.

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
B
B
Originally Posted by DnJ
The Divorce Busting mission:

Originally Posted by Michele Weiner-Davis
This site, this community, is designed to support, encourage, and educate people about Divorce Busting strategies and techniques to help them improve their relationships and save their marriages.

Please post with that in mind to limit any misinterpretations.
that's not germaine to
Originally Posted by MicheleWeinerDavis
Most importantly, this forum will be where posters who have recently divorced and are trying to navigate their lives after post divorce can post and look for advice and/or support.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
B
B
Those are seemingly diametrically opposed directions.

Again, I'm not trying to be obtuse here, but I would like explicit clarity on exactly how people who are divorced can get advice and support?

Most of our marriages don't survive this.

That's reality.

Despite our best efforts at standing, DBing, working with coaches, taking the advice here, there are a LOT of people, myself included, who are now divorced who never wanted to be.

How will this new forum support us?

How will that differ from what we already have?

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
C
C
Originally Posted by bttrfly
Those are seemingly diametrically opposed directions.

Again, I'm not trying to be obtuse here, but I would like explicit clarity on exactly how people who are divorced can get advice and support?

That's reality.

Despite our best efforts at standing, DBing, working with coaches, taking the advice here, there are a LOT of people, myself included, who are now divorced who never wanted to be.

How will this new forum support us?

How will that differ from what we already have?

Not sure I agree that these issues are opposed.
The thing about DB is that we can only control one person and YOU (not you bttrfly) are that person.
ie you can control yourself no one else.

I would refer to this thread about posting

https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2553122#Post2553122

Me-70, D37,S36
B
B
I have read your link, Cadet. Thank you. However, it does not answer my questions which are specifically about people who end up divorced. With all due respect I ask once again:

1. Again, I'm not trying to be obtuse here, but I would like explicit clarity on exactly how people who are divorced can get advice and support?

That's reality.

2. How will this new forum support us? - specifically people who are divorced and trying to navigate our post-D lives?

3.How will that differ from what we already have?

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
C
C
Forum Rules

Welcome to the DivorceBusting.com On-Line Community. By posting here you agree to our terms and conditions and agree to abide by the rules and policies detailed below.

This messageboard community is designed to support, encourage, and educate people about Divorce Busting strategies and techniques to help them improve their relationships and save their marriages.

You agree to not post any messages that are defamatory, harassing, abusive, hateful, threatening, or otherwise offensive. Your posts must be polite and considerate. Do not post names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, or any confidential or private contact information. You agree not to post any copyrighted material, photos, videos, book references, or links to other sites.

Our administrators and moderators are dedicated to assuring that everyone who comes here is treated with courtesy and respect. You may not always agree with our decisions to delete posts or to ban some members. We reserve our right to do so when we feel necessary, with or without explanation. Although it is impossible to review every post, we will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum. You can always hit "NOTIFY" when you see a post or comment that you feel is objectionable. A Moderator will review and edit if necessary.

We reserve the right to delete, edit, move or close any post or thread for any reason at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to change and/or modify these policies at any time. Changes will be posted here, so please check back and review these rules. We may modify or terminate our services from time to time, for any reason, and without notice. By registering, logging in and participating in this community, you acknowledge, accept and agree to these terms.

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard