It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
L
L
Respect Mach!

job Offline
Mach1,

Take your time with the grieving process. You can't rush it. There will be days when you feel like the heavy cloak of grief has lifted a bit and then it will return. Feel the grief, cry if you need to or do something else, i.e., boxing, screaming, etc., and then release the feelings.

K would want you to focus on yourself now. She is in your heart and will always be there to cheer you on in whatever you do.

Sending lots of positive thoughts and warm hugs your way.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
1 member likes this: Mach1
M
Mach1 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by DnJ
True. We only have so much emotional bandwidth.

(((Hug)))

Take your time my friend.

Live with honour.

D

When I was posting here several years ago, I would always say that I wanted to live my life with Dignity, Honor and Grace....(Although Grace never agreed to it shocked )

There was also a creed of Strength and Honor that you have seen myself and Drew use....

It's funny , not ha-ha, funny odd , that when I look back, I see that as part of my DB life. Trying to make sure that I incorporate that into every aspect of my life....

Sometimes I win, other times I fail....I think that's life though isn't it ?

I appreciate you reminding me of it....

Also appreciate everything that you do in your new role here....

Thank you...

Originally Posted by Rockon
Tears care honor and respect Mach1

Thank you Rock....

My new Rockon decoder ring came in yesterday, so we good....

Keep going my new friend, and like DnJ says above....

Strength and Honor always....

Originally Posted by B-lady
{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Thank you sweet lady....hugs right back atcha....

Originally Posted by LH
Respect Mach!

Thank you my friend, I respect you also......

Originally Posted by Job
Mach1,

Take your time with the grieving process. You can't rush it. There will be days when you feel like the heavy cloak of grief has lifted a bit and then it will return. Feel the grief, cry if you need to or do something else, i.e., boxing, screaming, etc., and then release the feelings.

K would want you to focus on yourself now. She is in your heart and will always be there to cheer you on in whatever you do.

Sending lots of positive thoughts and warm hugs your way.

Absolutely ^^^

I feel the ebb and flow of it daily....

I've been having some lighter days recently too. I've been having some days when I feel like the playful old self that I was when K and I met, then I feel guilty of being playful. However the guilt isn't lasting as long.

As far as rushing it ?

I think it's more about finding a life path for myself, and the person that I am, I have always needed a 'push' to get where I want to be. With K gone now, it's all on me to push myself through this, even if she is on my shoulder telling me to just do it. It's also a part of me finding myself through this. And the direction I want my life to go and still be comfortable in my own skin....

I was just talking to a friend last night about things, and my life to this point, all the seemingly 'bad' that has happened and the loss that I have been through. And as I was telling it, it re-occurred to me something that I have felt a lot throughout my time here, my divorce and the loss of some really great friends including the loss of Kels. Also, everything that I have been through and all of the roads that I have traveled in my life have led me to this point, and there have been some really great times. And even though I lost her, I still had her in my life. Even though my marriage failed, I have these 2 incredible people because of it, and my Ex and I had good times too. It wasn't always bad, even though it happened to not always be good either.

I think that a lot of what I'm feeling and expressing is the sadness leaving me. Letting go of those bad emotions that would plague me if I didn't purge them ???

I dunno....maybe that's just my way....

Much love and respect for you Job, for being you and pushing me to think. Also for everything that you do here.....

It doesn't go un-noticed by me....

B
B
Grace is a woman of discernment and exquisite taste ...

and yes, you're purging a lot of grief, not just K but a whole lot of other stuff too.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
G
G
When I was posting here several years ago, I would always say that I wanted to live my life with Dignity, Honor and Grace....(Although Grace never agreed to it shocked )

Good rules to live by! Wait, we are we talking piracy...right? grin

I am always fascinated by how such a life is defined. The stories I have been so privileged to hear have had such an impact on me (yours included). So let me wiggle into that too small, garishly colored cheerleading outfit and shake the good energy out of those pom poms in your direction. wink

I think that a lot of what I'm feeling and expressing is the sadness leaving me. Letting go of those bad emotions that would plague me if I didn't purge them ???

I find that talking story helps me to hear myself in a way I cannot if it's just thoughts in my head.
Sometimes I catch myself and realized I don't actually believe/feel what I just said. That's a whole other can of worms (snakes included!). It allows me to sit with things and process them differently.

It's a mysterious process, and "you gots to wiggle your fingers" to make is work.

Here's to finger wiggling Dude (((((Hugs)))))

G
G
Bttrfly

Grace is a woman of discernment and exquisite taste ...

Thank you for the kind words.

Now, if only I could use a meme here....LMAO

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard