Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L
L
Oh boy you are going to full court press a girl even if she can’t give you a simple reply to your text?

Sure I bet your friends have watched all the movies where they actually works.

My suggestion is the ball is in her court. If she responds set a date. If she accepts she has interest. If she does not you move on like she isn’t coming back.

T
Tarheel Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by LH19
Sure I bet your friends have watched all the movies where they actually works.

Ex F is a huge Hallmark channel movie fan, soooo....lol

K
kml Offline
K
Lol - I hate those Hallmark movies but love Korean romcom dramas. Easily some of the most romantic scenes ever - if I met a guy who did half the romantic things in those shows I would be putty in their hands.

L
L
Originally Posted by kml
Lol - I hate those Hallmark movies but love Korean romcom dramas. Easily some of the most romantic scenes ever - if I met a guy who did half the romantic things in those shows I would be putty in their hands.
Sooooooo you may want to ask K how old she is before you take her advice.

K
kml Offline
K
Lol - yes, I’m old! But the things I like in the Korean dramas are things I liked when men did them in my younger days too. I don’t think they’re generational. Probably have more to do with Physical Touch being my Love Language. Love the scenes where a guy puts his hand behind the woman’s neck as he pulls her into a kiss, the handholding, the hair stroking, the affectionate kiss on top of the head. YMMV if Physical Touch isn’t her love language.

B
B
Tarheel,
Originally Posted by Tarheel
Talked with 3 good friends yesterday. They were all in agreement that I should go all out.
What does "all out" mean? Your friends want the best for you, but arne't giving the realistic advice.

Originally Posted by Tarheel
Not sure what my next move is.
Just one man's advice, but...you already made your move. You told her you changed your mind about having a child with her and were willing to sell your house and move to her...and she said "no". You've been the one pursuing with texts for a few months now, only to rarely hear back if at all. If you continue texting & calling it's going to come off as needy and weak...not attractive. And if you reserve the vasectomy and sell your house on a whim...be wary of a bad ending.

You two have plenty of history. She knows where to find you if she wants you back. Give her some space and a chance to miss you and display strong behavior.

Wish you the best of luck, just not convinced the "all out" Hollywood RomCom ending is going to work.

kml,
Originally Posted by kml
You'd be putty in the man's hands IF you were super attracted and your heart/mind was open to him. Otherwise it'd come off as needy and annoyed and you'd be turned off. They say the difference between romantic and stalker behavior from the man is the woman's level of attraction.

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
K
kml Offline
K
But I wouldn’t be dating a guy or putting myself in a position to be kissed by him if I wasn’t attracted to him.

L
L
Well K this thread isn’t about you. You and your son CW are trying to convince Tarheel to chase a woman who has rejected him and is with someone else. It’s very confusing for a poster when he gets conflicting advice. He naturally wants to chase so all he needs is for one or two people to suggest it.

Last edited by LH19; 10/09/22 09:28 PM.
K
kml Offline
K
This is not a WAS situation. This is completely different. If he wants to convince her he’s serious and committed and actually interested in having a child with her, he needs to pursue. She’ll be testing him to see if he’s genuine or of this is just because he’s lonely at the moment.

BTW, my personal opinion is that he should accept it and move on. I don’t think children should be brought into the world by parents who are ambivalent, and most of what I’m hearing is not that he desires another child, but that he doesn’t want to let her go.

L
L
So he told her he made a mistake. She rejected him. She’s dating another man. He just reached out to her again and she didn’t respond. Ok so K what’s his next move because if he’s not careful he’s getting into restraining order territory.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard