1 member likes this: bttrfly
B
B
Originally Posted by LH19
Originally Posted by bttrfly
Originally Posted by Ginger1
Is anyone here dating Brad Pitt? No. Not of concern to us
i didn't want to brag but ...
BF if my calculations are correct it has been awhile and I would fear for Brad's safety lol.
i'm not hearing any complaints ...

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D Final 12/23/16

"There's something awfully screwy going on around here!"

Walk along the side of the road with a bag & you're gonna end up with a lot of trash!
L
LH19 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Lol. Ok. You guys win because me point was somewhere lost.

Creepy date package number 2 wins lol. A hike with a picnic basket with a sesame seed tart with a hint of spearmint as I recite a scene from Hamlet.
No no no and no!

just be your big dumb lug self. Someone will go for it, lol

authenticity (Grrrah I'm beginning to hate that word)

Yes, prostitutes exchange sex for money. I was wrong to say that but we don't have an edit button so I couldn't change it when I posted it.

I have a lot of respect for prostitutes, actually. They're pretty direct - what you see is, I gather, what you get. It's a business transaction, and nothing more from what I've been led to believe.

Then there are the gals who feel or are made to feel like they have to "deliver" to get ... whatever. The guy who is supposedly some prize? Yeah, no ... can't think of many other things that truly demean and undermine physical and emotional intimacy in a relationship as using sex to get something you want. I recognize that others feel quite differently about that. One more reason why I remain happily single.

Did you know that if prostitution was considered an actual profession it would be considered the most dangerous job in the world and it’s not even close?

M:51 W:46
T:22 M:16
S:15 D:11

�Happiness equals reality minus expectations�- Magliozzi
M
M
Lol. Ok. You guys win because me point was somewhere lost.

Creepy date package number 2 wins lol. A hike with a picnic basket with a sesame seed tart with a hint of spearmint as I recite a scene from Hamlet.
No no no and no!

just be your big dumb lug self. Someone will go for it, lol

authenticity (Grrrah I'm beginning to hate that word)

Yes, prostitutes exchange sex for money. I was wrong to say that but we don't have an edit button so I couldn't change it when I posted it.

I have a lot of respect for prostitutes, actually. They're pretty direct - what you see is, I gather, what you get. It's a business transaction, and nothing more from what I've been led to believe.

Then there are the gals who feel or are made to feel like they have to "deliver" to get ... whatever. The guy who is supposedly some prize? Yeah, no ... can't think of many other things that truly demean and undermine physical and emotional intimacy in a relationship as using sex to get something you want. I recognize that others feel quite differently about that. One more reason why I remain happily single.

Did you know that if prostitution was considered an actual profession it would be considered the most dangerous job in the world and it’s not even close?

OMG...

You are like that kid from Jerry McGuire.....

The human head weighs 8 pounds.....

1 member likes this: Ginger1
K
kml Offline
K
Originally Posted by Ginger1
Is anyone here dating Brad Pitt? No. Not of concern to us
i didn't want to brag but ...

LOLOL

Um - middle aged pretty boy cheater abusive alcoholic who lost custody of his kids because of his addiction and abusive behavior? Nope. Not my type. Never in a million years. Sorry, Brad.

Now, as I mentioned on my thread, I've been immersed in Asian TV dramas and romcoms recently. The most romantic thing the male lead said in the last one? (Note - this is NOT first date stuff). It was when he told his girlfriend, sincerely, (not apologizing for anything) - "I'll be good to you". Isn't that what we all want - someone who will be good to us? Very romantic. (And no, it had nothing to do with money or anything but just cherishing her).

Makes me look back at the early years with my narcissistic H. He was romantic on the surface - rose petals on the bed, saying he "adored" me. But his actions were not consistent with his words, and when it came down to brass tacks, I realize I never felt cherished by him the way I did by CMM. My exH valued me as a symbol of HIS success, and could play a romantic role - when it was convenient or suited the image he wanted to project.

But CMM was the kind of guy who would have stuck with me through an illness (as I did with him), was protective of me, and pretty much thought the sun rose and set on me. He packed me lunches with notes in them, cooked me dinner every night, worried about my well-being. CMM and I probably argued more than I ever have with a partner, because it took me quite a while to learn to navigate around his obsessive compulsive personality disorder traits, and we were both stubborn people. But it would be lovely to have anther partner in the future who put as much into the relationship as I do, the way CMM did.

M
M
Originally Posted by kml
But CMM was the kind of guy who would have stuck with me through an illness (as I did with him), was protective of me, and pretty much thought the sun rose and set on me. He packed me lunches with notes in them, cooked me dinner every night, worried about my well-being. CMM and I probably argued more than I ever have with a partner, because it took me quite a while to learn to navigate around his obsessive compulsive personality disorder traits, and we were both stubborn people. But it would be lovely to have anther partner in the future who put as much into the relationship as I do, the way CMM did.

I could have written that ^^^ ....K and I felt that we argued too much....

In reality, and my brother put it best after observing us for several years, was that we communicated passionately.....and at least it was communication...

She told me that she was sorry that she was sick, and that I didn't sign up for this....

I told her that I signed up for her....and whatever that entailed....

2 members like this: Ginger1, bttrfly
D
D
Mach, I’m so sorry for your loss.

I think I missed the day of girl school where they taught that Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp are the gold standards for attractiveness. I just want to hold Brad Pitt down and wash his d@mn hair (and no, not in some sexually kinky way but in an actual oh my, clean up dude way). He’s so greasy looking. So, NO, even this fat girl would not be putting out for him. Ugh. Now, Tommy Lee Jones, on the other hand, with his rough face and deep voice, filling out those Wranglers and sporting that white cowboy hat, I’d consider it to keep him. Or Sam Elliott……sigh……….

But yeah, I have to go with the other ladies on this one. I know what I bring to the table so I’m not putting out just to keep someone. I’m also passing on creepy date package 2 also because I’m a big no on the Shakespeare (and poetry in general). As someone just pointed out, I just want someone genuine. Sparky got my attention because he made me laugh and he was unapologetically himself, warts and all. If you can make me laugh, I’m down.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
1 member likes this: DejaVu6
L
LH19 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Maybe I should have used Errol Flynn as my example lol.

M:51 W:46
T:22 M:16
S:15 D:11

�Happiness equals reality minus expectations�- Magliozzi
G
G
Too much BS here for me. Anytime I have chosen to have sex, it was never to “keep a man” it’s because it was my choice and what I desired and I was a consenting adult. Whether it’s the 1st date or the 10th date. And if a guy wasn’t happy with my choice, hot or not, he could suck it . And having sex on the 10th or 1st date doesn’t exclude you from a serious relationship. I know marriages that began with first date sex. My year long relationship was sexual on the third date .

And your stupid states LH. Just because there is a bigger percentage of women on antidepressants between the ages of 40-45 doesn’t mean we are more miserable. These women are the ones who can say “hey, I’m depressed, I’m going to get myself hell and I’m going to get treated” LH, why don’t you go dig up the percentages of depressed people who don’t seek help and continues to walk around in a bad state? And let me know are they mainly men or mainly women.

Mr. Statician , you must know just because a percentage reflects women on medication for depression doesn’t tell you the people who are depressed and don’t seek treatment .
All that reflects is the number of women in that age being treated with medication for their depression

A
A
Ah, but that "fair, warlike form!" (Someone saying Hamlet was supposed to be rotund? How come he didn't take after Dad?) I'll vote for the second package. I dare say your delivery would be impeccable, since you are so lucid in your writing.

KML, you're too kind! I do write for pleasure. And being Asian myself I am no stranger to Asian TV shows. Aren't we lucky?

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Link Copied to Clipboard