Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
B
AnnKay,

Did you have the baby? It's been two weeks, so either due date hit or is close.

I'm sure you have your hands full - just know we're thinking of you and wishing you the best.

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
K
kml Offline
K
Hope you're doing ok AnnKay

A
AnnKay Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi All, and thank you BL42 and kml for checking up on me.
As an update, I have given birth to a beautiful baby girl born 5 days overdue and as expected, had to be induced.
It was such an easy birth in the end, but as all newborns are, she is quite the handful, so apologies for such a delayed response.

My H is still in the spare bedroom, but is talking about taking another place nearby. He has been helpful and I am glad he was there for the birth and afterwards. I am sure though that at this point I don't have feelings for him anymore and accepted that. I am also expecting that he will run off again, so have been preparing my son and myself for whatever comes.
My MIL just returned to the UK last night and I am left in my newborn bubble. I miss my MIL already. She was so good to me and my son that I wonder how she could raise someone like H.

On another note, I reconnected with my ex before H from 13 years ago in the UK. Our relationship then was not serious. We had our issues and when he left to work in another city, I took my opportunity to break it off. Somehow he ended up in Australia and divorced. We are just friends at the moment, but it is nice that he makes me feel heard and understood through my issues. I know I have other matters to focus on, and I understand that being a single mum with two children will not be an attractive trait for most men, so I am not expecting anything from this or anything at the moment.

I apologise in advance again if my replies are slow again, as my time and schedule is now solely ruled by a 2 week-old. It feels like my life at the moment is in a pause where the universe is telling me to re-evaluate my priorities and actions, but I am OK with it.

D
D
Congratulations AnnKay!! You have one of each now. Great to hear that you are doing better and that you don’t have feelings for your H anymore. That is a blessing as you are likely right about him running away again.

I am glad you have reconnected with an ex as a friend. I know you know this but just be cautious about turning it into anything more. Focus on your kids and on getting your life in order without your H.

Sending you warm long distance (((HUGS))) and wishing you and your children the very, very best!!

1 member likes this: AnnKay
K
kml Offline
K
Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!

B
B
AnnKay,

Congrats on the baby! Enjoy that beautiful girl :-)

Glad to hear the delivery went smoothly and you've gotten some support from your MIL and your H. Even better, that you're dropping expectations of your H - focus on yourself and the children for now. Maybe he'll come around and maybe he won't, but you'll be alright regardless.

Originally Posted by AnnKay
I apologise in advance again if my replies are slow again, as my time and schedule is now solely ruled by a 2 week-old. It feels like my life at the moment is in a pause where the universe is telling me to re-evaluate my priorities and actions, but I am OK with it.
Don't apologize! It's no joke to take care of a newborn. Just know there's people pulling for you.

Originally Posted by DejaVu6
I am glad you have reconnected with an ex as a friend. I know you know this but just be cautious about turning it into anything more. Focus on your kids and on getting your life in order without your H.
^Agreed!

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
S
S
Ann, I too want to offer congratulations! Giving birth is one of the most beautiful things in a very ugly world! (I will never forget being the one to "catch" my daughter when she was born.) I hope that little one brings you lots and lots of joy!

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
R
R
Originally Posted by AnnKay
I have given birth to a beautiful baby girl born 5 days overdue
Enjoy your time with your baby! ...time flies by....mine were born 1999-2002...all out of the house now...

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
N
N
Hi AnnKay! I'm in the same "DB'ing as a new mom" camp as you unfortunately. How awful to have such a wonderful time spoiled - I'm 6 mos post partum and we're doing so much better everyday. Being away from the STBX was huge. You're doing way better than I was at your stage, and I'm really proud of you for realizing you no longer have feelings for him. You're worth so much more than what he put you through! and you deserve so much better.

-NB

K
kml Offline
K
Hi AnnKay - hope you had a good weekend and are getting as much rest as is possible with a newborn.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard