Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
C
Core Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Traveler
Most statistics show crime is down going from 1980 to 2020. I’m shocked by how little physical violence my kids have seen growing up. No gang shootings. No classmates thrown through windows. No one steals their lunch money. No switchblades or drug dealers at bus stops. My son has never come home with bruises or a black eye from fighting?! Imagine that.
Two just quick things with the stats - less things are considered crimes now and the removal of leaded gas was a likely cause for the drop. Now its going back up organically. My place sounds opposite of yours, my first place had two break ins, 2nd place shot with a slug, guy one street over got brutalized with hammers for gang initiation, car jackings are at record high, self defense laws being scrubbed from the books, drive by shooting 5 houses down from my kids daycare, metal detectors in our schools, daily fights, roving gangs fighting in the streets, businesses fleeing the cities while the gov tries to get more to move in. Flags ripped off my families houses and burned in the streets, grandpas killed for their cars by 15 year olds. I've friends in police, sheriff's and other units and everyone will tell you things are worse. Heck, this guy that murdered a 10yo and left her naked corpse for her family to find is roaming the streets. He did his time, apparently is now going to fit right back in.

I was also the first in my family to go to college and escape my rural hometown for an amazing city suburb. I used to have a concealed weapons permit and be effective with a glock, but safer neighborhoods seemed more cost effective and carry other benefits like good schools.

The crime picture does vary by city and state.
I definitely want to trade with what you had! Much rather rural schools and have a concealed carry. Excellent that you are now in a better place than you grew up in. A goal for many.

Originally Posted by MLCxH
I feel you are seriously overthinking things smile While history offers valuable lessons, the state of the world today is nothing like is nothing like the world was during the Roman days. And Rome risked failing as a state several times before it eventually declined the way it did - the Spartacus slave revolt, multiple civil wars, the Gallic threats etc. And do you really think the world is more chaotic today than during the days of the Cold War or WW2? Or better yet, the time when Genghis Khan wiped out a large % of the existing human population?
I see you've knowledge on the subjects. I think we're feeling a normalcy bias. We don't see Mongolian hordes, dont worry about viking raids. We see houses, have jobs, some intact infrastructure, but we are disintegrating. We have every indication of a falling empire. Physical violence may have dropped in the west thankfully but the type of chaos change went from more of a masculine abusive, to a feminine abusive. How many Americans are wage slaves, how many are on antidepressants and antianxiety medications, how many drug deaths, random acts of violence? How many countries have we been bombing out of sight and mind, muslims are being organ harvested by the rich in China, Africa has loads of conflict. While we aren't seeing large physical conflicts here, believe me, the criminals and those that commit atrocities for power didn't disappear, the mob didnt all end up in jail, they all moved to our institutions and that criminal empire is collapsing the west, and like an abusive WAW, its not going peacefully. Like the narcissists they are, they are scorching earth. Good people are slowing this down, and its a little bit at a time but this is next generational warfare, covert and effective. Make your enemy destroy themselves, divide and conquer.

H37, W37
D4, S2
ILYBNILWY 9/19
BD 9/19
EA discovered 10/19
Currently in limbo, no D or S process initiated
T
T
Originally Posted by Core
I definitely want to trade with what you had! Much rather rural schools and have a concealed carry. Excellent that you are now in a better place than you grew up in. A goal for many.
Thanks! Call my hometown Derry--I wouldn't wish it on anyone, then or now.

the removal of leaded gas was a likely cause for the drop.

My place sounds opposite of yours, my first place had two break ins, 2nd place shot with a slug, guy one street over got brutalized with hammers for gang initiation, car jackings are at record high, drive by shooting 5 houses down from my kids daycare..
While overall violent crime rates may have dropped, it sounds like you live in a worsening area. Given you can't make drastic moves while you have kids, have you considered a small move to a suburb or a better suburb? The violent crime rate in my rural hometown was 2K per 100K in 2000. The violent crime rate in my city suburb is 200 per 100K in 2020.

M
M
I see you've knowledge on the subjects. I think we're feeling a normalcy bias. We don't see Mongolian hordes, dont worry about viking raids. We see houses, have jobs, some intact infrastructure, but we are disintegrating. We have every indication of a falling empire. Physical violence may have dropped in the west thankfully but the type of chaos change went from more of a masculine abusive, to a feminine abusive. How many Americans are wage slaves, how many are on antidepressants and antianxiety medications, how many drug deaths, random acts of violence? How many countries have we been bombing out of sight and mind, muslims are being organ harvested by the rich in China, Africa has loads of conflict. While we aren't seeing large physical conflicts here, believe me, the criminals and those that commit atrocities for power didn't disappear, the mob didnt all end up in jail, they all moved to our institutions and that criminal empire is collapsing the west, and like an abusive WAW, its not going peacefully. Like the narcissists they are, they are scorching earth. Good people are slowing this down, and its a little bit at a time but this is next generational warfare, covert and effective. Make your enemy destroy themselves, divide and conquer.

I am not saying that everything is rosy and that there are no problems. We have problems today, but we have always had problems. You speak about wage slaves, but wage slavery does not even compare to the horror of real slavery that was legal in this country just less than 200 years ago. And people have always been wage slaves through history. Many Roman gladiators who were granted freedom continued to fight in the arena as free men because of the money and fame. Yes, there are wars but there have always been wars in history. Every life is precious and every life lost is one too many, but compare the number of lives lost in WW2 to any of the other wars. Research the number of lives lost to famine, starvation and disease over time in the past hundred years.

Humans are not perfect and I feel that people will find something to be anxious or depressed about, even if things are good. In the first Matrix movie, there is a great dialogue by Agent Smith. He says something like "the first Matrix simulated a perfect utopian world without suffering. However, humanity did not accept this early version of the Matrix, and many of those connected died. A second prototype, based on human history, was then designed in place of the first one to add suffering"

D
D
I’m not sure what “statistics” you guys are looking at, although the ending date of 2019 may have something to do with it. In the largest city in my state murders hit a 30 year high in 2020. The last time we had more murders was in 1991 at 165. Ten years ago there were less than 100 murders in the city each year - no population or boundary changes. Then in 2020 we broke the record at 185. Last year (2021) there were 193. So far for 2022 there have been 53 which is 28 more than last year at this time. If this rate continues they will top 300 or 3 times that of only 10 years ago.

So that’s just violent crime you may claim. Okay let’s look at auto thefts. So far there have been over 10,000 reported auto thefts this year in this same city. Thats 2,500 a month or over 3 every hour!!!!! That’s already 166% higher than in 2021 and 500% higher than only 5 years ago.

So just these two benchmarks, you’ve got a 5 times greater chance of having your car stolen and at least twice as likely to be killed. Yet you want to claim crime is not through the roof? Oh no, that’s right, you want to claim it’s not really increasing.

And this is not just happening in my midwestern state, it’s country wide - again starting in 2020 when the national homicide rate rose by 29%. Hmmmmmmm so that’s why you chose to stop looking after 2019. So called “petty crimes” are at epidemic levels with looting, shoplifting, etc at crazy levels.

So geeee I wonder what changed in 2020? Defund the police maybe? Covid craziness perhaps? Electing an Alzheimer’s patient? All of the above? But to try to claim crime is not clearly increasing is simply just not true - unless you want to stop counting at the end of 2019, ya know back when gas was $2.50 a gallon. Should we pretend gas prices have not hit new highs along with homicides? Or how about inflation? Should we pretend that’s not at a 40 year high as well?

It’s not just happening in your area Core, it’s hitting the Midwest as well. And crime is clearly increasing.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
M
M
Originally Posted by DonH
Okay let’s look at auto thefts. So far there have been over 10,000 reported auto thefts this year in this same city. Thats 2,500 a month or over 3 every hour!!!!! That’s already 166% higher than in 2021 and 500% higher than only 5 years ago.

Should we pretend gas prices have not hit new highs along with homicides? Or how about inflation? Should we pretend that’s not at a 40 year high as well?

So you're saying it is a good thing that some of our leaders had the vision to accelerate the shift away from fossil fuels towards alternate energy sources and incentivize EVs such as Tesla smile Hard to steal a Tesla and even if you do its location is always tracked by the cloud. Less demand for fossil fuels also equals less pain at the pump!

C
Core Offline OP
OP Offline
C
While overall violent crime rates may have dropped, it sounds like you live in a worsening area. Given you can't make drastic moves while you have kids, have you considered a small move to a suburb or a better suburb? The violent crime rate in my rural hometown was 2K per 100K in 2000. The violent crime rate in my city suburb is 200 per 100K in 2020.
Thats a crazy difference in crime rate between your old and new. Crazy as it sounds, I moved to probably the 2nd or 3rd safest suburb. Trying not to dox myself here but...my city is in the top for violent crime, repeatedly for years and the rate is increasing. Over 23 murder per 100k versus the national average of 6.5 per 100k. Another way to put it, the per capita murder rate is higher than Chicago in 2021.

This is what Google tells me, sigh..."your city x has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all size".

The rates this year are higher and for some reason we keep importing in illegal border crosses, foreign refugees, many of which could give a...about old or current American values.

Originally Posted by MLCxH
Humans are not perfect and I feel that people will find something to be anxious or depressed about, even if things are good. In the first Matrix movie, there is a great dialogue by Agent Smith. He says something like "the first Matrix simulated a perfect utopian world without suffering.
I think this is true and in a Biblical perspective, is partly why we are the fallen.

To the other point - we were out of wage slavery but that didnt last long. Is it as bad as slavery like in North Korea and African countries no, but we're first world or so we tell ourselves. Once, a man could buy a car, house, feed his wife and several kids, all on one salary. He could retire in 20 to 30 years. Now, both parents in a single household can work and are often one paycheck away from foreclosure. The family's down the block from me with section 8 apartments have more square footage in there apartments, get massive discounts and while I'm buying frozen food for my kids, and walk out with two bags, they got a cart full. The middle class are slaves to both the rich, and the poor. With more illegals coming in, inflation, job losses from all the covid stuff, its compounding problems.

So that’s just violent crime you may claim. Okay let’s look at auto thefts. So far there have been over 10,000 reported auto thefts this year in this same city. Thats 2,500 a month or over 3 every hour!!!!! That’s already 166% higher than in 2021 and 500% higher than only 5 years ago.
This. And a stolen vehicle isn't just stuff. Its someone ability to work. Provide.

It’s not just happening in your area Core, it’s hitting the Midwest as well. And crime is clearly increasing.
I'm guessing here but its probably nearly everywhere its increasing. I say midwest because, I'd be able to shoot an intruder instead of here where you must kindly ask him what he'd like from your house, I'd like land where I can grow food, collect water, be further from a city, be around a smaller community, be farther from nuclear facilities, further inland from invasion, more normal schools, in many scenarios I ran through with buddies- its the place to be.

DonH-
So geeee I wonder what changed in 2020? Defund the police maybe? Covid craziness perhaps? Electing an Alzheimer’s patient? All of the above?
C-
Sadly I only know one person who plans of changing their voting habits here, and so many left for better states, that our census took a hit. Probably preciously needed voters that left, but I get why as I'd be one of them. Not that I think voting can help us at this point. I'm just glad this didnt happen 4 years earlier as an outsider was taking the attention of the insidious cabal

H37, W37
D4, S2
ILYBNILWY 9/19
BD 9/19
EA discovered 10/19
C
Core Offline OP
OP Offline
C
You're body is a temple of the holy spirit. Act like it.

-Source....I forget but someone cool.

H37, W37
D4, S2
ILYBNILWY 9/19
BD 9/19
EA discovered 10/19
C
Core Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I sit here these days almost wishing my Ex still was talking to her AP. Maybe she would want to live closer to the joker and I'd be free from this crazy state because I'd agree to move!

H37, W37
D4, S2
ILYBNILWY 9/19
BD 9/19
EA discovered 10/19
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard