Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
S
S
The point of my relaying that story was that the emotions, words, and actions of the WAS rarely make sense. Even when they are standing before a judge for the divorce's finalization that they pushed for. Scott gave her every opportunity to change her mind, even at times asking her if she was sure against the advice here.

So yeah, I think her crocodile tears at the court date were just that, a crock. We aren't talking about a woman that was cheated on or abused here. This is a woman that went through all of this with eyes wide open. Scott is a good dude. Way better than I was for most of my marriage. He didn't deserve any of this.

Scott, you are going to have an awesome life my friend! You have put in the work, you're a great dad, and if you choose to try again you'll make a lucky lady a great husband.

And your ex is going to live to regret her decision.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
S
ScottB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Tax - I believe they will contact her based on the questions. She will not like my take on the facts, and I don’t mean to be hurtful, I’ll try to be as factual as possible.

S
ScottB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks Steve. I really appreciate the kind words and Taz, sorry auto correct corrected your name.

I do think Wayfarer had a great point though. Her first post was poignant. No little girl dreams of her fairytale divorce. There is an emotional reckoning with the finality, even if you made the decision. Sometimes we make a decision where we feel we have to choose between two hard things. I think that was Wayfarers point and I really appreciate the perspective. Thank you wayfarer.

And as I mentioned, I disagree with her second post, but by no means does that mean I’m right. I just disagree. Love you all and thanks for your support!

1 member likes this: SteveLW
S
ScottB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I forgot to mention, my Ex’s grandmother passed away yesterday as well, after the divorce. It was expected but still a Tough day for her.

O
O
ScottyB, when you first came here, you came across as a bit of an ahole I thought. Now reading your posts and responses, you seem like a pretty good dude. Keep up the good work my man, never stop improving. A great life awaits.

Me: 41 W:42
T: 14 M: 11
S: 6

"What happened happened, and couldn't have happened any other way...because it didn't"
O
O
Originally Posted by wayfarer
But there comes a point where there's no going back. Even if they wanted to, the level of resentment is so high and the levels of love and attraction are so low getting a brand new personality and a new lease on life isn't enough. Nothing is going to be enough.

I absolutely do not doubt this one bit, I heard near the exact same words from my STBXW/XW (not quite sure at this moment which)

Me: 41 W:42
T: 14 M: 11
S: 6

"What happened happened, and couldn't have happened any other way...because it didn't"
G
G
Originally Posted by SteveLW
The point of my relaying that story was that the emotions, words, and actions of the WAS rarely make sense. Even when they are standing before a judge for the divorce's finalization that they pushed for. Scott gave her every opportunity to change her mind, even at times asking her if she was sure against the advice here.

So yeah, I think her crocodile tears at the court date were just that, a crock. We aren't talking about a woman that was cheated on or abused here. This is a woman that went through all of this with eyes wide open. Scott is a good dude. Way better than I was for most of my marriage. He didn't deserve any of this.

Scott, you are going to have an awesome life my friend! You have put in the work, you're a great dad, and if you choose to try again you'll make a lucky lady a great husband.

And your ex is going to live to regret her decision.

I don’t believe they were crocodile tears. I’m with wayfarer. Yeah, she went through it eyes wide open. She sees everything for what it was, and those tears were likely real for the end of her marriage. It can really make someone sad to let go of something even when they feel like it is the best decision for them personally. Just because she wasn’t abused does not mean she doesn’t truly see this as the road she needed to take. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, because that’s not for me to judge, I didnt live her life .

The end of a marriage is sad. Even for the person who chooses to end it

Last edited by Ginger1; 03/02/22 12:21 PM.
L
L
Originally Posted by SteveLW
We aren't talking about a woman that was cheated on or abused here.
This is the million dollar statement that puts most LBH here. This was the bar many, many years ago. The stakes have change and unfortunately no one is telling the players that the game has changed. Nothing in school, nothing in college most don't find out until it's too late. You get married you get a marriage license. Heck now when you get a job you get a couple page long job description on what is expect of you. Esther Perel has a great podcast on what is expected out of a mate in today's world. Everything that an entire village use to provide. The institution of marriage is an outdated practice that will IMO eventually die out as it is no longer needed for survival.

Scotty B you said it best that this will make you a better parent and later on a better partner. Many lessons to be learned by failure.

W
W
Scott,
Whether you like the pop-psych buzzword or not toxic relationships do exist. I've been in them. Romantic, platonic, familial. I've been on the outside of looking in at all 3 as well. It's isn't popular because it's fun. It's just a word people are finally able to use to identify those horrible relationships that I'm sure everyone has been apart of willingly or unwillingly at some point in their lives.

As far as your definition of marriage, marriage is whatever you want it to be or make of it. And what you believe a marriage to be is a perfectly suitable idea of what a marriage should be. However that idea only functions in an actually functioning marriage. The second one person no longer feels the same way as their partner, your concept of marriage is out the window. And it's a ticking time bomb. Hence "bomb drop." And within that space is where toxicity breeds, unfettered, and wild.

I was raised Catholic. I'm actually a confirmed Catholic although no longer practicing. I know what the annulment paperwork looks like. And you are wasting your time my friend. You have two children together. She's not a drug addict. She didn't beat you or the kids mercilessly. She didn't cheat before you consummated the marriage. She didn't abandon you or the children. She's not in a vegetated state. She's not a criminal. She's not going to be institutionalized for the remainder of her life in any way. Every arch is different and some are more open to annulment than others but where I live you're likelihood of getting that annulment is about as likely as me becoming a priest. If you want to at least try for your own peace of mind, by all means, but IMO it's an exercise in futility. The stringency for which they allow annulment should've been explained to you by someone in your church. You may want to meet with your priest or a deacon or even someone at your Arch before you bother with all that work to see if you're a good candidate for annulment.

Lastly I agree, you will be a better father and partner after this. I can already see changes in your general demeanor. Just keep working on you, and moving forward.

Taz,
You're not getting subpoenaed for a Catholic annulment. Under what jurisdiction would they be able to do that? The tribunals aren't a recognized jurisdiction. They just proceed in a court like manner for efficiency and, best guess, pomp and circumstance. It's the Catholic church after all. If they want to talk to you they'll contact you. But a Catholic annulment is incredibly rare. Even now. If your wife requests one, the likelihood of it getting elevated to the point where they even reach out to you it's slim, and it's completely your call if you want to participate or not. I wouldn't worry about it, much less give it a second thought.

BL,
I suggest you go back and re-read what I wrote. I said a MR that CANNOT be repaired will become or remain toxic. A MR that doesn't have two people in it willing to work on it isn't a repairable MR. A marriage in which two people are wiling to start over and really dig in and do the work is obviously better for the kids than a divorce. But a D is always better for the kids than two people staying in a crappy marriage for the sake of the kids. The amount of vitriol, anger, angst, and sadness in an irreparable MR is not an environment for kids in the long term. Scott and exW had been in limbo for YEARS. Sustaining that for any longer than they had would've have become an exponentially worse situation for the kids. In any case it's irrelevant if Scott's exW would've changed her mind. She didn't. They are divorced. It's over. He tried. She didn't want to. Now their co-parenting story starts, and their separate lives begin.

Steve,
Physical abuse and cheating aren't the only reasons a person can make you miserable. You personally wouldn't be here if that were the case, now would you? I have no idea if Scott wasa good guy to his wife their entire MR. I don't know Scott personally. I only know what Scott tells me, and I wasn't married to Scott. And you don't really know what happened either. In fact even IRL the only people who really, really know what happened are the two people who lived in that MR. However, I do know that there are a lot more valid reasons to want out from a marriage other than cheating and abuse. And that good people are fully capable of making other people miserable, of missing or ignore others needs or becoming so self involved no one else's needs matter.

Being with a person who takes you for granted OR who puts in no effort when you put all the effort in OR person who gives you money and thinks that enough or conversely a person who thinks you're a bank and nothing else OR a person who doesn't recognize the mental and emotional labor load you carry in your household OR a person who emotional manipulates you OR financially abuses you OR thinks you are a sexual vending machine are all pretty awful people to be married to even if they are in every other aspect are good people. I wouldn't want to be married to people like this and neither would you.

WAS/WS are human beings. Whether you like it or not. Whether you believe it or not. They have feelings. They are entitled to their feelings. And more often than not a lot of those feelings are genuine. You can choose to believe that she's some psychotic cheating liar if you want. Scott's given a lot of evidence to the contrary. I choose to believe she was sad and hurting so she cried. I cant possible know what about, or if it was genuine or not, but based on my own life experience I choose to believe they were genuine tears.

Last edited by wayfarer; 03/02/22 04:39 PM.
L
L
Originally Posted by wayfarer
She didn't cheat before you consummated the marriage.
I think she did.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard