Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
D
Sounds like you’ve made some great changes already and have some awesome plans Kas!!! So excited for you and your new lease on life!! Carpe Diem my friend!!! (((HUGS)))

K
kml Offline
K
I bought a sewing machine 2 years ago but again depressed

I used to make most of my clothes when I was a teen. The only thing I've sewn in years was masks at the start of the pandemic, but one of my future goals is to sew some new clothes for me. So much of what is available now is poor quality, I could make some simple but classic things like bias cut skirts that would look good and last forever.

Congrats on the weight loss and going for a new look!

D
D
Originally Posted by kas99
TLDR: I want to work on my appearance, pick up a few hobbies and live each day to the fullest.

I read the whole post, but this is the golden nugget that popped out. Yay for you, kas....YAY for YOU!!!!!!!!!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
B
B
kas99,

Fantastic response. Sounds like you have a plan and your enthusiasm comes through loud and clear.

Good luck w/the new wardrobe, hair, kittens, sewing, exercise, and dating! ...not to mention your very own car insurance LOL

You have a great life in front of you!

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I used to make most of my clothes when I was a teen. The only thing I've sewn in years was masks at the start of the pandemic, but one of my future goals is to sew some new clothes for me. So much of what is available now is poor quality, I could make some simple but classic things like bias cut skirts that would look good and last forever.

What I'm doing is altering thrifted clothes. I buy high quality brands and then tailor them to fit me. If the neckline is good on a shirt then all I have to do is take in the sides and/or hem them. Dress pants at thrift stores tend to be dated so I turn wide leg pants into straight.

My goal is to be able to take some hideous 80's dress and turn it into a skirt or something. lol

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by Dawn70
Originally Posted by kas99
TLDR: I want to work on my appearance, pick up a few hobbies and live each day to the fullest.

I read the whole post, but this is the golden nugget that popped out. Yay for you, kas....YAY for YOU!!!!!!!!!

lol I read "what are your plans" and my first thought was well tonight I'm making red lobster biscuits....oh wait you meant the rest of my life? I have no idea all I have is today.

I'm going shopping after work (it is senior day at the thrift store), I picked up my new foster babies today and went to lunch with D19. Appearance, hobby and fun.

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by BL42
kas99,

Fantastic response. Sounds like you have a plan and your enthusiasm comes through loud and clear.

Good luck w/the new wardrobe, hair, kittens, sewing, exercise, and dating! ...not to mention your very own car insurance LOL

You have a great life in front of you!

I got my new fosters today. A mama cat and 5 kittens. It's impossible for me to feel anything but pure bliss with kittens.

I handled all the finances for 28 years but he spent money faster than I could juggle it so it was stressful. Today I paid 6 months in advance with CASH and I'm poor. lol

1 member likes this: bttrfly
K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by DejaVu6
Sounds like you’ve made some great changes already and have some awesome plans Kas!!! So excited for you and your new lease on life!! Carpe Diem my friend!!! (((HUGS)))

I joined this site around June 2019 and had anyone told me I'd be this happy, healthy in 3 years I would have thought you were lying to me. Don't me wrong I still get triggered, a mind movie will pop in and pain hits but it doesn't last long.

I spend a lot of time alone just watching a great show, reading a book, doing some housework, a whole lot of nothing really but I'm smiling because I like who I am now. Life is pretty good.

K
kml Offline
K
I handled all the finances for 28 years but he spent money faster than I could juggle it so it was stressful. Today I paid 6 months in advance with CASH and I'm poor. lol

My ex didn't spend faster than I could juggle it, but he did spend somewhat impulsively and I did have to juggle and budget to make it all work. A few years after the divorce, one of my sons figured out what I make and what H makes ( he makes twice as much) and was perplexed as to how I could help them all out when things got tight but my ex cried poor. I'm doing just fine. And so are you, it sounds like.

Have fun with the kittens. So so sweet.

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well my divorce was finalized on March 10, 2022 and then he brought his girlfriend out into the open. She was born the year we got married (32 now so she was 28 when he left me). She’s a tiny redhead and has a now 11 year old son that calls my ex “dad”. She and her son moved in with my ex in august. My now 17 year old daughter then moved in with me. Her bedroom is in my living room but she’s doing better here. All 3 kids live with me.

My ex overnight wanted to do a happy blended family but the kids don’t like his girlfriend. She’s one of those bubbly, pushy types and she’s trying to be my kids mom. My ex is being a super dad and for that I’m actually grateful. He bought both girls cars and gives them money.

She quit her job and is now a homemaker. I’m doing okay considering but it was hard seeing he went younger. She’s a lot like the old me so he got a do over.

He’s still drinking a lot and is never home (she got my old life lol). He’s still working 2 jobs and has started selling his plasma. It’s killing him that the kids won’t go over there much anymore. The girlfriend took over the house and is always there.

There is good in my life in that I’m stronger now. I’m no longer a doormat people pleaser which is awesome. I love my job and we moved into a brand new building where I have a beautiful view of woods. There is a lot of deer which is cool.

Well that’s it. I’m still healing but I’ve come a long way.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard