Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
If your STBXH is routinely breaking the terms of your agreement it makes sense to notify your attorney and take appropriate action.

At lunch I had a breakthrough. He's actually shorted me 2 other times but I let it slide because it wasn't worth paying the legal fees. Having to put my rent on a credit card changes everything. I will gather everything and send it to my attorney.

Do not let lateness become the norm. If the monies are to be received by the 15th and 31st, then they should be. Hold H accountable. I’d allow one time, and contact H that one time. After that, let the L deal with it.

I haven't spoken to him in 2.5 years so all communication is through attorneys. I've been letting him get away with it because I didn't want to pay my lawyer but now I have no choice. UGH

B
B
kas99,
Originally Posted by kas99
He's actually shorted me 2 other times but I let it slide because it wasn't worth paying the legal fees.
[quote=kas99]I've been letting him get away with it because I didn't want to pay my lawyer but now I have no choice. UGH
Sometimes you have to stand up and be firm to correct the situation. If you keep letting things slide they'll snowball and become worse down the road.

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well he did pay me and my attorney just called. I should be divorced soon.

He told me he wanted a divorce on March 29, 2019 so it took almost 3 years. I'm both sad and relieved. He's an unhappy person and I know I'm better off it's just hard you know?

D
DnJ Offline
D
Hi kas

Yes, I know.

(((Hug)))

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Ah crap I got to thinking last night that all my attorney did was send a final offer. If he doesn't take it then we go to court. For the record the settlement is fair and I've already been before the judge. If he goes to court I will get more because he's pissed the judge off.

It isn't over yet but at least he's showing some interest.

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by DnJ
Hi kas

Yes, I know.

(((Hug)))

D

I'm whining. I got to thinking last night my only fear is that I'm going to end up alone. I'm not interested in doing this again and have zero interest in dating right now. I'll be 56 this year.

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
And yes I realize this is everyone's fear (said after I peeked at a few other threads). I need to stop worrying because for me life has always worked out even if I hated the process. lol

T
T
Hi Kas,

Fingers crossed that what you feel is fair and hope is the final offer is indeed so.

Originally Posted by kas99
I'm whining. I got to thinking last night my only fear is that I'm going to end up alone. I'm not interested in doing this again and have zero interest in dating right now. I'll be 56 this year.
What's scary about ending up without a Husband or BF? I assume in this imagined future you'd still have the love and support of your children and friends and all the meaningful things you've done in your life?

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
What's scary about ending up without a Husband or BF? I assume in this imagined future you'd still have the love and support of your children and friends and all the meaningful things you've done in your life?

I'm over the financial injustice but I'm not over the OW. He didn't have to date at all she just fell into his lap at work. He never had to be single, never had to be alone. Not for one single day. 3 years later and they are still together.

What's stupid is I like being single. After 30 years of living with a grouch this is like a breath of fresh air. It's like my brain is stuck though and I can't get past it. Does that make sense??

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Don't get me wrong sometimes I miss having a SO but then I imagine what it would be like and I'm like nope I'm good. But I'm sure once the kids move out I might feel differently.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard