Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Joe2017 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey everyone, it's been a while... hope y'all are doing the best you can. The holidays are officially in full effect, and I know this is a really hard time of the year for a lot of us.

Everything is busy. Work is busy. Home life is busy. Church, relationships, parenting, everything is just THAT much harder during the holiday season. We are naturally all trying our best to be giving even though we don't feel like we have much to give right now.

So I started this thread for everyone to just make a moment for yourself. Give yourself a small gift. It doesn't have to be expensive, in fact, the cost doesn't matter. It doesn't even have to be a thing. The point is that you need to take some time for yourself and love yourself, and only yourself.

(Remember, you can't be good for others if you're not good to yourself.)

Maybe you gave yourself some grace today. Maybe you told someone "No" today and you really needed that breathing room and to set that boundary. Maybe you bought yourself your favorite coffee. Today I took about 2 hours and spent time with some friends. That's what I gave myself today.

Be nice to yourself. You're doing the best you can, and every day you're getting better.

So maybe mention what you did for yourself today, or not. The important thing is that you did it for yourself.

Last edited by Joe2017; 12/12/21 08:19 AM.

Save yourself. Nobody is coming!
BD:11/2017
Filed:12/2017
Final: 2/2018
job Offline
Do you want your previous thread linked to this one?

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
S
S
Joe. great thoughts here! Well done. As the anniversary of my BD looms (12/23) I am again in a weird place with my W and MR. I get like this almost every year at this time, wondering if I did the right thing by fighting so hard to save everything. Truth is I was extremely unhappy prior to BD myself, something that I forgot the minute I found the messages between my W and OM.

So I think today I will allow myself to really fully experience the emotions I am dealing with. Just sit with them and not try to fight them. Not even really try to understand them but acknowledge what the feelings are and just let them be. That's my gift to myself today.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
J
Joe2017 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by SteveLW
Joe. great thoughts here! Well done. As the anniversary of my BD looms (12/23) I am again in a weird place with my W and MR. I get like this almost every year at this time, wondering if I did the right thing by fighting so hard to save everything. Truth is I was extremely unhappy prior to BD myself, something that I forgot the minute I found the messages between my W and OM.

So I think today I will allow myself to really fully experience the emotions I am dealing with. Just sit with them and not try to fight them. Not even really try to understand them but acknowledge what the feelings are and just let them be. That's my gift to myself today.
Someone here once told me to basically feel all the emotions and not run from them. It was great advice. I might not always like the feelings that I experience, but I can recognize almost my whole range of emotions now, and I have learned that not a single feeling is permanent. It will pass and you will feel differently. They're like waves in an ocean.

Save yourself. Nobody is coming!
BD:11/2017
Filed:12/2017
Final: 2/2018

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard