Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
D
D
Sorry to hear about CMM KML and about the conversation you are working towards having with him. Never a great topic but a necessary one. He is lucky to have someone like you in his life who is willing to take care of these things for him. You are one of a kind!! Hoping your weekend goes better than anticipated. (((HUGS)))

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Had a good day today. My office was closed and my youngest son, who moved to L.A. last spring, had the day off so I drove up to visit him in his new digs. I was nervous when he first moved up there, as he has a history of depression and past addiction, and LA is where much of his addiction occurred. Also he has a bit of an eating disorder, and I worried if he would be able to support himself without help there.

Well, he’s doing great! He looks like he’s eating well ( one of his roommates loves to cook and works at a healthy market), the house is cute and he and his roommates are working on sprucing it up, his roomies are nice and compatible. He’s one house away from a cool hippie community art park with river rock paths and mosaics and artwork and events, where he takes his dog and knows the folks that run events there. He has a job at a nearby restaurant that he can walk to, close enough to come back and visit his dog on his dinner break. And he’s actually making enough to pay his bills and have some left over. He’s also met a girl who actually grew up in the town my son did, is educated and has a good job, but is also artsy like him. And for once he’s taking it slow but it sounds good.

Our visit was shorter than expected because a coworker having a mental health crisis called and asked him to take her shift. But we had a nice visit before, went out to lunch, showed me his neighborhood.

He’s in the best place emotionally that I’ve seen him in a long time and it’s really a relief. Yay!!!

2 members like this: AndrewP, bttrfly
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
AND - he didn’t turn down the bottle if gummie vitamins I brought him, and actually took a couple while I was there!

1 member likes this: bttrfly
T
T
Originally Posted by kml
Off topic - just started a new sci-fi series on Hulu called Y:The Last Man. Basic premise is that a worldwide catastrophe suddenly results in all mammals with a Y chromosome dying. Except one guy and his capuchin monkey. (Kind of like A Day Without a Mexican but it's a day without men! )
Interesting! I actually read the first few comics a decade (or two) ago. I didn't know there was an adaptation. I don't recall the story that well so may be fun!

Glad your son is doing so well, kml. (:

B
B
Originally Posted by kml
Had a good day today. My office was closed and my youngest son, who moved to L.A. last spring, had the day off so I drove up to visit him in his new digs. I was nervous when he first moved up there, as he has a history of depression and past addiction, and LA is where much of his addiction occurred. Also he has a bit of an eating disorder, and I worried if he would be able to support himself without help there.

Well, he’s doing great! He looks like he’s eating well ( one of his roommates loves to cook and works at a healthy market), the house is cute and he and his roommates are working on sprucing it up, his roomies are nice and compatible. He’s one house away from a cool hippie community art park with river rock paths and mosaics and artwork and events, where he takes his dog and knows the folks that run events there. He has a job at a nearby restaurant that he can walk to, close enough to come back and visit his dog on his dinner break. And he’s actually making enough to pay his bills and have some left over. He’s also met a girl who actually grew up in the town my son did, is educated and has a good job, but is also artsy like him. And for once he’s taking it slow but it sounds good.

Our visit was shorter than expected because a coworker having a mental health crisis called and asked him to take her shift. But we had a nice visit before, went out to lunch, showed me his neighborhood.

He’s in the best place emotionally that I’ve seen him in a long time and it’s really a relief. Yay!!!
that's so wonderful!!! I wish we had a "love" button !!! xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
D
D
Great news about your son KML!! Maybe things are looking up. smile

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Oncology visit today - CMM's oncologist thinks his current shortness of breath is likely due to tumor progression, but is ordering a CT scan to help rule out any other causes. Repeated again that there really isn't anything more to offer if this current drug isn't working.

B
B
i'm so sorry {{{{{{{Kml}}}}}}}}
{{{{{{{CMM}}}}}}}

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
D
D
Oh no.....I was just finally coming to comment on your good news about your son and now this. Hugs for the good and bad, kml.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Lol - best phrase on a morning news show discussion of taxing the rich: “midlife crisis-defying space travel”. Lolol

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard