A Divorce Busting® Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out.

Save your marriage singlehandedly
with Divorce Busting Telephone Coaching
Call 303-444-7004 to get started right away.

A Message from Michele
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
A
A
I've been wondering about getting a Moka pot. I'm a tea drinker at home but enjoy "good" coffee. I'm now on my second jar of instant coffee that has sat in my cupboard unopened and about to expire that I got in case I get company that wants coffee. Thus far everyone has been happy with tea - even B who was very much attached to her Italian heritage.

If I freeze the grounds then they should last I believe. A nice pot of coffee maybe on a Sunday morning might be a nice thing to try. I'm figuring that one that I can put on the stove would be better than the electric versions (?)

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
K
kml Offline
K
I'm now on my second jar of instant coffee that has sat in my cupboard unopened and about to expire that I got in case I get company that wants coffee. Thus far everyone has been happy with tea - even B who was very much attached to her Italian heritage.

Lol - yeah, because instant coffee is nasty! Lol.

A French press is another way to make coffee easily IF you're only making it for one or two people.

B
bttrfly Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Andrew, throw away the instant coffee. Instant coffee is revolting to a real coffee drinker. I'm guessing you don't have a grinder so buy some good ground coffee and put it in the freezer. Get a French press. Your guests will thank you.

M 20+ T25+
S 15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
H moved out 4/24/15
D Final 12/23/16

"True love travels on a gravel road."
B
bttrfly Offline OP
OP Offline
B
The "in between time" --- I have a daily reader and the topic today was just that, the in between time. So apropos for some of us here. What to do with yourself during the in between time ... whether it be between jobs, relationships, homes, goals, careers ... how do we find the courage to let go of the old and sit still In Between until the new comes in and gets established? Do we even have the faith that something new WILL come in? Or will it always be just this somewhat uncomfortable and amorphous in between time?

The in between time is not the present, although it also IS the present when we are traversing it ... the reading encourages embracing the in between time because it will not last forever and is necessary for us to get from where we were to where we are going ... so it is A present rather than The present. A gift ... the oft-quoted here gift of time, perhaps.

Today I mowed the front, side and back lawns with some of the in between time. I'm now hot and uncomfortable from being jostled around on the tractor for 2.5 hours. DnJ, no idea how you do it, although your lawn was likely not knee high.

the relentless thoughts of what if and what was aren't so relentless for me any more, which is also a present, and I appreciate that very much. I wish I had the time to go swimming because my body would feel so much better after even a brief 30 minutes in the water.

There's this concept of the God Box, where you put stuff that bothers you on a piece of paper and add it to the box. It's been working really well for me. Perhaps I will add "the in between time" to a scrap of paper and put that in the God Box also.

That's all I've got. Hope you are all well. Happy holiday to my Canadian pals xoxo

M 20+ T25+
S 15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
H moved out 4/24/15
D Final 12/23/16

D
DnJ Online
D
Hello bttrfly

Two and a half hours of mowing grass. And knee high too. Oh my, the bugs that must have stirred up.

I bet it looks really good now.

Interesting, the in between time.

Every single moment; the horrible, the exciting, the ho-hum; are all In Between times. These present moments tick by unnoticed. Slowly a new and unknown future becomes our past. We are always in-between. All we have assured is the present moment. The past is immutable. The future uncertain.

It takes faith to embrace that uncertainty. At times things can feel rather drawn out and it takes quite a bit of patience to let things unfold. Being still is not sitting still. Like you said, time is a gift. Time is A present.

To me the present becomes more in-between when one is waiting for the future or dwelling upon the past. Living in the future brings anxiety. Living in the past bring depression. One is in-between when one doesn�t live in the moment. Living in the present moment brings contentment.

Letting go, having faith, finding courage, all valid actions to living the gift of time.

Originally Posted by bttrfly
the relentless thoughts of what if and what was aren't so relentless for me any more, which is also a present, and I appreciate that very much.

Yes.

Originally Posted by bttrfly
There's this concept of the God Box, where you put stuff that bothers you on a piece of paper and add it to the box. It's been working really well for me. Perhaps I will add "the in between time" to a scrap of paper and put that in the God Box also.

Sounds good to me.

From knee high grass to mowed lawn. For me, the hours invested are not in-between times. Those are precious moments of bugs, heat, sweat, dust, oh and thoughts of my good friends here with such thought provoking ideas.

I find much peace riding around bringing my future lawn to fruition.

D

Now: Me53 XW49 S24 S23 S20 D19

Oct 8/17-BD, Moves in w/OM, Leaves Kids
Me49 W46 S20 S19 S16 D15
M26 T29
Dec 9/17-Legal Separation
Oct 3/18-W Files
Apr 6/19-Divorced

Love the Sinner, Forgive the Sin.
B
bttrfly Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by DnJ
Hello bttrfly

Two and a half hours of mowing grass. And knee high too. Oh my, the bugs that must have stirred up.

I bet it looks really good now.

yup a grasshopper slammed into my face trying to get away from the mower. smirk
Looks better.

Originally Posted by DnJ
Every single moment; the horrible, the exciting, the ho-hum; are all In Between times. These present moments tick by unnoticed. Slowly a new and unknown future becomes our past. We are always in-between. All we have assured is the present moment. The past is immutable. The future uncertain.

It takes faith to embrace that uncertainty. At times things can feel rather drawn out and it takes quite a bit of patience to let things unfold. Being still is not sitting still. Like you said, time is a gift. Time is A present.

To me the present becomes more in-between when one is waiting for the future or dwelling upon the past. Living in the future brings anxiety. Living in the past bring depression. One is in-between when one doesn�t live in the moment. Living in the present moment brings contentment.

Letting go, having faith, finding courage, all valid actions to living the gift of time.

It wasn't meant that way. I didn't do a good job articulating it - they meant in between - like the time between closing on selling one house and closing on buying the second. Or the time between getting divorced and starting a new relationship - the healing necessary in between.

hope that explains it better.

i love riding around on Dad's tractor, with the music blaring in my ears, singing at the top of my lungs and feeling close to my father.

M 20+ T25+
S 15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
H moved out 4/24/15
D Final 12/23/16

O
O
I only have a minute but popped in to see what our resident bttrfly was up to. While perhaps not what you contemplated, your original post and DnJ's reply just brought me so much peace--summarized so beautifully for me where I am. Thank you so much to you both. I feel like I learn so much here. I lived a lifetimes of in between time until I decided to just stop. To stop driving and to just be. Now, with no thought to the past and no fear of the future, I'm finally living in a present that is more than in between time. So many good things have been happening to me. In this now.

1 member likes this: bttrfly
B
bttrfly Offline OP
OP Offline
B
{{{{{Own}}}}} I'm so happy! Love you dear one, you've been through the wringer and if something posted by me or on my thread helped you in any way, I'm thrilled. You deserve peace and a large side order of joy!

Wish me luck kids. At 10am I present my strategic plan to the boss.

M 20+ T25+
S 15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
H moved out 4/24/15
D Final 12/23/16

K
kml Offline
K
Good luck! Hope it went well!

D
DnJ Online
D
Good Morning bttrfly

Yesterday I got my yard mowed. There has been very very little rain so not much growth; still there was 4 weeks worth of green to buzz down to neat and tidy. Two weekends of standby and many call outs, one weekend away visiting S22, yesterday was catch up day.

I have plenty of grasshoppers here as well. All leaping to get out of the path. Most, like ten thousand, head towards the sides of the mower. However, some, like 5 a minute, hop directly towards the seat; which contains me. Lol. Stupid grasshoppers then cling on to whatever the land upon - leg, arm, face - arggg. Those grabby little feet of their’s.

The lawn is back to a nice height and has limited the hoppers habitat. Actually my yard looks pretty good, even with the extreme lack of precipitation.

I was thinking about you while I was doing laps around my yard. You on Dad’s tractor, singing to music. You know, there are folks who don’t like cutting grass. smile You and I ain’t among them.

Thanks for correcting and clarifying what you meant by the time in between. I did head off in a slightly different direction. I suppose a strong faith and belief that what is to be next will be ushered in makes the in between less amorphous.

How did the presentation of the strategic plan go?

D

Now: Me53 XW49 S24 S23 S20 D19

Oct 8/17-BD, Moves in w/OM, Leaves Kids
Me49 W46 S20 S19 S16 D15
M26 T29
Dec 9/17-Legal Separation
Oct 3/18-W Files
Apr 6/19-Divorced

Love the Sinner, Forgive the Sin.
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004