Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Oh! Full, genuine detachment??!! Yes, please!!

I'm so happy to hear that. Sounds like you are in a great place. I haven't yet dated or even spoken to a dude, but I'm happy not to for now...for the most part!

Congratulations on the new car (almost)!! Exciting things happening for you. (((hugs))

ME47 XH44, S28 S24 S19

8/17-BD
IHS: 1/17-2/19
D FILED (ME): 7/19
D FINAL: 10/20
M23 T25
OW CONFIRMED: 01/21

Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi All.

KML - LOL. Not fake cancer treatments… it was for Shingles. He definitely had the illness but the treatments were bogus. I actually find it pretty easy to still talk to him. I think that is the gift of detachment and me choosing not to focus on all of the crappy things he did to me and our family. If I had chosen differently, I would definitely have a much harder time. Always choosing better not bitter…lol.

Hope - Keep moving forward and choosing better…you will get there!

So…another brief update. I finally went out with JB a second time. We played pool for a few hours and then went out for some Mexican food. I told him prior to meeting that I wasn’t interested in anything more than a friendship currently and I’m even more certain of that now. I’m a bit worried that he is hoping I will feel differently in time but I don’t think that is likely. He’s fun to hang out with but I just don’t have any romantic feelings for him. One thing that bothered me toward the end of the evening is that we started talking about the state of the pandemic in our province (cases rising) and he told me he hadn’t got a CV19 vaccine yet. And it wasn’t that he is against it, he just hasn’t bothered. “It’s on my todo list.” I just flat out told him to get his vaccine. It occurred to me to end the date right there but we were eating outdoors so it wasn’t a huge deal. Still…his attitude about it was a definite red flag for me as it tells me we are highly unlikely to be a match.

On vacation now until September 8th. No big plans but spending time with my kids this week before they return to their dad’s. Went out and bought my son some cool new clothes for him to wear to high school. He didn’t hate what I bought him so that was definitely a Christmas miracle come early. Anyway…have to be up at 5 a.m. to drive my daughter to basketball so I will sign off for now. (((HUGS))) to all. Stay safe and well everyone!

T
T
Hey DejaVu, looking forward to the next update on your thread. (:

D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi CW. Thanks for thinking of me. I wish I had interesting things to tell but I don’t really. I’ve just been working and looking after my kids. Still on the dating sites but haven’t been active on them. I check them regularly but so far, there hasn’t been a profile that inspires me to swipe right and have a conversation. Lately it has just seems like too much effort…lol.

I have met my 39 year-old friend (who I’ve known since he was 17) the last couple of Saturday nights to play pool which has been fun. I know he has a thing for me but I just keep pretending I am unaware so we can continue to be friends and hang out once in awhile.

I’m also still talking to Vic online a fair amount. Lots of things to talk about and communications with him brighten up my day but I’m getting the impression he is a bit of a workaholic and may not have time for anything more. He seems pretty settled in his routine so I’m not going out of my way to try to spend time with him in person. He knows where to find me if he decides he is interested.

One thing I have been doing a lot of lately is exercising. I discovered a gym that I really love. I used to do mixed martial arts and this is a high intensity interval training circuit program that involves lots of kicking and punching with boxing gloves. It is super therapeutic to hit things and is a great workout. I joined a month ago and have been going five times a week.

Two weeks in and my kids are enjoying high school which has been a wonderful surprise. They go off happily each morning and seem to be good friends these days. I think it helps that they don’t have any classes together so they aren’t in each other’s faces 24-7. They are in the same homeroom, however, and their lockers are side by side so they start of every day together and often eat lunch together as well. Colour me shocked. I would never have predicted that at the end of last year when my daughter basically told me she didn’t want to be around her brother at all in high school…lol.

Other than that, I’m just like most of the people I know. Trying to do my part to keep this pandemic at bay and our hospitals from being overrun. Getting pretty tired of ignorant jerks demonstrating outside of hospitals up here to protest the vaccine and mask-wearing…and even worse, likening a temporary vaccine passport to the genocide that occurred in World War II. What a gross comparison…being sent to death camps versus not being able to go to your favourite restaurant for a few months. If that isn’t the epitome of entitlement and ignorance, I don’t know what is. Anyway… I digress. Needless to say, I am trying really hard not to lose my faith in humanity. Some days are harder than others. smile

Glad to read on your thread that you are doing well in the dating realm. I hope it continues. (((HUGS)))

D
DnJ Offline
D
Hello DV

Originally Posted by DejaVu6
They go off happily each morning and seem to be good friends these days.

Funny how that happens. My kids are like the best of friends it seems.

As for other views regarding vaccination. One looses their freedoms not in secret. The loss is heralded and hurried to the sound of applause and cheering. Often near impossible to get back once given away.

It’s the first 500 days that are the hardest in the just wear a mask for three weeks to flatten the curve. Lol.

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
D - The thing is, we did flatten the curve for awhile with the masks and social distancing. We were actually quite successful at it. But the virus had other ideas and now we have a variant that requires a lot more than that. Most people are willing to do what it takes, some people are not. I saw a meme the other day that illustrates it perfectly. A large boat in the middle of the ocean with lots of people on it. One guy is in his cabin digging a hole. The result is that water starts pouring in and the boat is sinking. When other people express their dismay at his choice, he replies ”It’s my space and I have the right to do what I want.” Personal freedoms don’t matter when we are all in the same boat.

No need to reply. I have no interest in getting into an ongoing debate over this. I trust the science and the WORLD’S experts so there is nothing that anyone can say to change my mind. I also don’t see this as a political issue or some sort of mass conspiracy. It’s a public health emergency requiring TEMPORARY measures to try to minimize the death toll and prevent our healthcare system from being decimated. Nothing more, nothing less.

K
kml Offline
K
Amen, amen.

D
D
Temporary is a few months - not going on two years. If you think you can stop the spread of a virus like this more power to you. I’ll put money on us dealing with covid for many many more years and nothing we do will stop it. Get vaccinated and protect yourself. It’s your best chance - just like every other virus. It’s not going away no matter what we do. But some people also think we can stop hurricanes and change the weather so… lol.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
K
kml Offline
K
We can bring it down from pandemic to endemic by mask wearing, vaccination and social distancing. Temporary is relative. The most important thing right now is to keep our hospitals functioning - in many parts of the US patients without Covid are dying for lack of care because our hospitals are full of the unvaccinated Covid cases.

G
G
Unfortunately those who felt like their freedoms were being taken away by masking up in the beginning didn’t unite to not make this long term. It was done half assed kn the beginning which is a big part of why we are still where we are.

It’s getting better though. My hospital is not over run with Covid. The ones who are there are unvaccinated for the most part. Our hospitals are at max capacity though lots of sick people.

And we are so achingly short staffed because nurses are quitting left and right.

They are burnt out and frustrated taking care of these people who have no regard for their own Health or others.

Unfortunately it is not a freedom to refuse an assignment with an unvaccinated Covid patient unless you want to lose your job .

So those who complain about mandatory vaccines in the work place? Guess what. You can quite your job too, just like a nurses only choice to quit their job if they don’t want to care for these patients

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard